Disney with a Southern Twist- Tomber 11.11.11 UPDATE: BLOGGED & LIFE!! 1/24!

Congratz on the interview! I am sure you will ace it and OMG less that two months to go, can't wait!

Ahem, where was my texts with pictures?! Missy!! Very upset! haha.

The weather's getting really cool down here.. I hate it. lol. I don't wanna give up my flip flops! However, I love my hoodies and scarves everyday! haha. I'm whacked!

So happy about the job interviews! A 2nd interview is always a good thing and I'm sending all my pixie dust your way!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Disney on Ice is AMAZING. I've been trying to talk Dave into going but he's uber money conscious lately. Wah! Haha. Oh well. I'll vicariously live thru you and your pictures!!

Love you seeester.

Congrats on getting another interview!! Fingers crossed that this goes well for you and everything works out!!

Congratz on the interview! I am sure you will ace it and OMG less that two months to go, can't wait!

Hey Girls!!! :)

Thanks for the pixie dust!! SO I ended up getting the job.... BUT... they have a corporate training session that was mandatory for 3 days, and guess what? It was for this weekend- which is when a wedding of one of our good friends is!!! I asked him if there was anyway I could make up the session or go one day late- but he said no. :confused3 So I basically had to turn down the job I so desperately wanted!! But I also couldn't just blow off my friend's wedding plus the fact that he is a groomsman in our wedding, and Thomas is a groomsman in his- I couldn't just not go to to his wedding! Plus, the salary difference was only about 30 cents from what I am making now, and I still didn't know if they would approve my time for my own wedding! SO I think what I am going to end up doing is hopefully keep looking for a job but try to aim to get one after the wedding that way I don't have that looming with an employer.... "Oh by the way, you just hired me, but I need 2 weeks off!"

So the job search will continue- but I feel good about my decision! I am on Day 8 of 10 days in a row at work- and I am about to go nutso... but I have Thurs-Sunday off and I can't wait! And its a nice little getaway with just Thomas and I for this wedding weekend, and it will just be so romantic! :lovestruc We haven't had a weekend trip with just the two of us away from home in like at least a year!

Onto some wedding news! We paid off our Honeymoon today!!! So HUGE relief for that!! Which means I should be getting some Mickey Mail in the next couple of weeks!! :woohoo:

And my bridal shower is in 2 weeks and we are going to see Disney on Ice on October 20th!!! :D

So sorry but maybe this is a blessing in disguise. You never know... but it may have been hard to get time off right away for your wedding anyway. I also just want to tell you again that I think you are an amazing friend to your friends that are getting married! :goodvibes Having been there and had so many close friends back out at the last minute for reasons so much lesser than yours, I know it will mean a lot to your friends. It would certainly mean a lot to me!

Awww I'm sorry about the job--- but I definitely agree that you made the right decision! <3 I'm sure your friend appreciates it, and I know I would too! The weekend away does sound fun AND romantic too!

Congratulations on paying off your honeymoon, that must make you feel better! And you're SO CLOSE!!!!

So sorry but maybe this is a blessing in disguise. You never know... but it may have been hard to get time off right away for your wedding anyway. I also just want to tell you again that I think you are an amazing friend to your friends that are getting married! :goodvibes Having been there and had so many close friends back out at the last minute for reasons so much lesser than yours, I know it will mean a lot to your friends. It would certainly mean a lot to me!

Awww thanks Becky!!! :hug::hug:

I had such a wonderful time, and I am so glad I went. It was SO worth it! :goodvibes

Awww I'm sorry about the job--- but I definitely agree that you made the right decision! <3 I'm sure your friend appreciates it, and I know I would too! The weekend away does sound fun AND romantic too!

Congratulations on paying off your honeymoon, that must make you feel better! And you're SO CLOSE!!!!

It was very romantic and fun!! :lovestruc It was so nice!

YES! Having the honeymoon paid off is a huge relief!! Now we just have to start saving to pay off the Bar Tab at the reception! :scared1:

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY!!

I just happened to get a random Monday off which is nice, after working 7 days in a row... including working this past weekend on my birthday weekend! :headache: And naturally there is a 90% chance of rain and thunderstorms all day!

SOOOO a lot going on since my last post! I will try to work backwards and catch everyone up to speed!!

We went to our good friend's wedding two weekends ago on October 1st. Thomas was in the wedding party, so he attended the Bachelor party on the night we got in town and I holed up in the hotel, ordered a pizza, and watched Extreme Couponers.. lol :lmao: We didn't really have any plans on Friday other than the rehearsal later that night. I did have a phone interview at 2pm with a company I have been trying to get into- it went well- but their start date was naturally right before my wedding, I haven't heard back from them yet.. :confused3 But I think I am going to start looking AFTER the wedding, it will be easier and just don't need the stress right now anyways! BUT BACK TO THE FUN WEEKEND WEDDING!

We had some time to kill before the rehearsal so we went on a hike! Very random I know, and we were totally unprepared! We both had on flip flops! It wasn't a strenuous hike or anything, but it was a nice little getaway and we both love the outdoors! It was a good time! We went back to the hotel, freshened up and then went to the rehearsal! Their venue was so beautiful! It was a quaint little space with an outdoor space with a gazebo and flowers and both an indoor and outdoor space with seating. We went to the rehearsal dinner afterwards and the weather that weekend was perfect! But a little chilly! There was unlimited wine... haha I am normally not a wine drinker and don't like many wines, but for some reason I was enjoying my never ending glass...

We didn't have much planned the day of the wedding, we did meet up with the groom for breakfast and enjoyed spending the morning with him. We decided to go to the Zoo that morning/afternoon before the wedding since the weather was so nice, and Columbia has a great zoo! Here are some pictures from our antics!

photo-1.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

phot3o.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

phot2o.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

The wedding was beautiful! I had to stop myself several times for making notes on my phone and comparing wedding stuff! I felt like I was on that show on TLC- Four Weddings... haha There is some stuff I loved about their wedding and stuff that I am glad I am doing different. But all in all it was a beautiful night and I am so happy for the couple! :lovestruc I am glad I went and Thomas and I had great weekend together! :goodvibes

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

Since I had the weekend off I had to work all this last week including my birthday! :mad: But my birthday turned out pretty well! I got home from work and Thomas had decorated the whole house with birthday balloons and banners and had a mini cake waiting for me with *GASP* 27 candles! :scared1: We quickly got ready to make it to his dinner reservations at my favorite Japanese place. When we got home I opened my gifts, which my fiance knows me all too well! I got the deluxe edition of the Lion King on Blu-Ray! :love: And a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey of my favorite player Heath Miller! After the gifts we watched The Lion King II-Simba's Pride, which Thomas had never seen! I loved the music in it, but Thomas still thinks the first one is the best!

Our RSVPs are due tomorrow!! So far we have a guest count of 79! We might get a few more stragglers and I am anticipating no more than 120, I am thinking 100 might be perfect! Apparently though a couple guests said they never got their invitations!! :scared1: And I never got any back from returned addresses or anything, so I am not entirely sure what happened? :confused3 I am still waiting on my RSVP from Mickey & Minnie and Cinderella! I hope I get something!

Now that I have a better idea of our guest count I am going to start making the Mickey programs and we can go ahead and order the favors! We changed the groomsmen gifts to a nice wine bottle opener and a nice bottle of wine instead of an engraved groomsman glass, so we need to go ahead and order those! I have picked up a few gifts for my sister-in-law and my dad to give at the rehearsal.

ON a happier note! My bridal shower is this weekend!!! :goodvibes I am really excited!! Also this weekend is my 2nd dress fitting, meeting with the venue and caterer for a menu tasting, and we are having our engagement session with our photographer! We are doing a Fall/Halloween Theme! Should be fun! :) So big update coming next weekend!!

Ahhhhh ONE MORE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Great update!! The pics of the wedding you attended are really nice! We got one last group of RSVPs after the date it was due, maybe about five more that following week, and then it was time to track people down. And then we had a bunch un-RSVP, but oh well! In the end we were surrounded by people that loved us and that's all that matters!

I'm so sorry you're dealing with FMIL drama. Sounds like she's being pretty ridiculous. At least you can get things under control a little, even if she isn't being very supportive. Boo.

Ah so much new news! I have a confession, I am one of the those couponers, I'll have to send you girls a pic of my stockpile ;) So much fun at the zoo and I am glad you got great stuff on your b-day. Don't worry about your age, your still young hunny! Don't stress about the RSVP's as Becky and I have said, this will always be a constant battle stay positive as far as the rehearsal, just roll with the punches the big day is coming soon and this is happy happy time, sending good vibes your way! :goodvibes

I love the zoo pictures! You guys are so cute, and you both looked terrific for the wedding! :lovestruc

And UGH! Why are FMILs such pains?!?! I'm really sorry. Here's some pixie dust. :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Can't wait to hear about the shower and see the engagement pics!!

Great update!! The pics of the wedding you attended are really nice! We got one last group of RSVPs after the date it was due, maybe about five more that following week, and then it was time to track people down. And then we had a bunch un-RSVP, but oh well! In the end we were surrounded by people that loved us and that's all that matters!

I'm so sorry you're dealing with FMIL drama. Sounds like she's being pretty ridiculous. At least you can get things under control a little, even if she isn't being very supportive. Boo.

RSVPs! People need to realize what they actually MEAN!! :rotfl: I sent out a mass FB post to those who I was still trying to track down, so I got a lot back from that! The others, I have no clue!!

OH FMIL.... you haven't heard anything yet.. :scared1:

Ah so much new news! I have a confession, I am one of the those couponers, I'll have to send you girls a pic of my stockpile ;) So much fun at the zoo and I am glad you got great stuff on your b-day. Don't worry about your age, your still young hunny! Don't stress about the RSVP's as Becky and I have said, this will always be a constant battle stay positive as far as the rehearsal, just roll with the punches the big day is coming soon and this is happy happy time, sending good vibes your way! :goodvibes

Haha coupons! I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to see!!

Thanks girl!!! :hug:

I love the zoo pictures! You guys are so cute, and you both looked terrific for the wedding! :lovestruc

And UGH! Why are FMILs such pains?!?! I'm really sorry. Here's some pixie dust. :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Can't wait to hear about the shower and see the engagement pics!!

Aww thanks!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the help from FMIL... too bad I don't think the pixie dust worked....

Incoming Shower and Engagement pics preview!! :)

Hello Brides!!

Well this weekend was the big shower! So expect a MASSIVE amount of pictures!! :goodvibes

First off a few things and then PICTURES!

I had my second dress fitting on Saturday before the shower, and it came out great! BUT it does need to be tighter, which I guess is a good thing! And my sister in law learned how to do the bustle! It was too funny because one of my best friends actually had an appointment at the same time to try on her wedding dress!! So we were both looking at each other across the salon!
:lmao:

A bit of disheartening news about the bridal shower that I just have to mention... First off one of my good friends sent me a message earlier in the day and said she had a migraine and might not be able to make it.. needless to say, she didn't show up and that was a bit disappointing.. but the real kicker... FMIL has not made the planning process the most pleasant experience, and needless to say, I guess she wasn't done making it difficult... my mom had called her several weeks earlier and they had discussed that she would be in charge of the desserts for the shower and she loves to bake, and listed off cookies, and brownies, and cake and neat desserts so my mom was excited and I was glad she felt like she was apart of the whole process! So... that morning on the way back from my fitting I get a call from DF and he says.... FMIL is NOT coming... she is sick and can't go. :scared1:I don't doubt that she was sick.. but really?? :mad: And to top it off, DF was nice enough to bring her "desserts" by.. which ended up being all store bought... cookies out of a box, and frozen desserts... It was not a memorable moment and both myself and my family were not happy... And it was embarrassing to constantly tell other guests that my FMIL wasn't there because she was sick....

She was feeling better and showed up for the tasting on Sunday, but didn't say much other than a sorry that she wasn't there... but honestly I really am just numb to the whole situation, and as sad as it is, I don't care.

BUT!

I did have an awesome shower for those that showed up and I appreciate my mom and family for hosting and my sister in law was an amazing game leader!! Our shower theme was sort of Tea Party/ Mickey, it turned out great!! Here are the pictures!!

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

My Mom and Sister in Law
IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

My Mom and Me
IMG_0780.jpg

Classic TP dress fun!
IMG_0781.jpg

My mouth was full of marshmellows from incorrect questions from a Trivia game about Thomas.. haha
IMG_0785.jpg

My "phat lewts"

After the party we met up with Thomas, my dad and brother Chris (man of honor) and we went out to dinner at a place called Senor Frogs, and had a great time! We also got some delicious adult beverages from Wet Willies.

IMG_0843.jpg

My parents and Me

IMG_0847.jpg

Chris, Asriel, Thomas and Me

Despite all the drama it was a great day and I am so blessed to have the good family and friends that I have! :cloud9:

On Sunday we had our tasting for our reception menu and everything turned out really well, we didn't get to try two things, because of a mishap with miscommunication... but it worked out in the end and we are very pleased with the menu selections! Which by the way are:

Chicken Bog
Pulled Pork with Buns and Assorted Sauces
Mac and Cheese
Mashed Potatoes
Baked Beans
Pasta Salad
House Salad

And fruit, veggie and cheese trays for the cocktail hour, and ALSO a chocolate fountain!!! :woohoo:

Lastly on our busy weekend, we met up with out photographer (who I LOVE by the way) for our engagement shoot! We had already taken pictures with my parents, but it was still a good way to really work with her and build a relationship before the wedding. She was so playful and very good at direction! She posted some teaser pictures, which from what I have seen so far, I can't WAIT to see more!!

We did a fall shoot and also added in some fun pictures with some Halloween costumes! I was Harry Potter and Thomas was Doug Funnie... lol it was hilarious!

Here are a few teasers!

298615_10150340701188557_88909728556_8204036_138489325_n.jpg

296450_10150340701078557_88909728556_8204035_2052214942_n.jpg

What a fun shower! And I LOVE the idea about your shoes..that's so neat! And your engagement pictures are beautiful! I can't wait to see more!

Other than FMIl being a poophead! Glad you had a good shower! In the end you can't let anyone ruin your day! I wish I was there to sign them shoes though! ;D

I want pictures from that fitting missy! Did we settle our necklace issue!? I meant to ask you that earlier but my brains a little screwy the past few days!

I LOVE the 2nd engagement photo! I want to see more! They look gooorgeous!!! Definitely reassures the fact that I want to do a winter photoshoot for sure!

Looks like a fun shower! Sorry about your friend and FMIL but obviously they werent required to have a good time. Really love the shoes idea; might have to steal that one!

Gorgeous engagement pics! I'm glad you like your photographer!

Your shower looks like it was so much fun! Sorry about your FMIL though, that is really lame. :( But I totally get what you're saying about starting to feel numb to it all, that definitely started happening to me towards the end of the planning when stressful things kept happening.

And your engagement pics are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see more! I want to see the Harry Potter one! ;)

And yay for a chocolate fountain!

Your shower looked like a blast!!! (Just look at all those presents! ;) )
I love that shoe idea...SO cute!

And the e-photo sneak peek is amazing!!! I love that second one!!! :lovestruc

Ah flippin' awesome shower hun! I love your details and the food looks super yummy, so glad you had a great time! Oh and those teasers droolfest! I can't wait until you post the rest :)

Chiming in with everyone else--- I LOVE the shoe idea! The shower looked like a lot of fun, and I'm sorry FMIL was a poop-head. They seem to like doing that to us disbrides, huh??

Is Senor Frogs a chain? I feel like I've driven by there before. I did live in SC when I was little though, so maybe I just have a realllllly good memory? haha.

I can't wait to see the rest of your engagement pictures--- ESPECIALLY the halloween ones :D

What a fun shower! And I LOVE the idea about your shoes..that's so neat! And your engagement pictures are beautiful! I can't wait to see more!

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Other than FMIl being a poophead! Glad you had a good shower! In the end you can't let anyone ruin your day! I wish I was there to sign them shoes though! ;D

I want pictures from that fitting missy! Did we settle our necklace issue!? I meant to ask you that earlier but my brains a little screwy the past few days!

I LOVE the 2nd engagement photo! I want to see more! They look gooorgeous!!! Definitely reassures the fact that I want to do a winter photoshoot for sure!

I will keep them and you can totally sign them one day! :)

I am going for my last fitting today, so I will be sure to make my mom take pictures!! I am actually going to wear one of my mom's necklaces... I wore it to the last fitting cause I was going to wear it to the bridal shower, and it actually looked pretty awesome with the dress... so I am wearing that! :) I will post pictures for sure!

I loved her! She was so awesome, and I loved being in a scarf and boots!!

Looks like a fun shower! Sorry about your friend and FMIL but obviously they werent required to have a good time. Really love the shoes idea; might have to steal that one!

Gorgeous engagement pics! I'm glad you like your photographer!

Steal away!! :goodvibes Yes! I am so happy with my photographer!

Your shower looks like it was so much fun! Sorry about your FMIL though, that is really lame. :( But I totally get what you're saying about starting to feel numb to it all, that definitely started happening to me towards the end of the planning when stressful things kept happening.

And your engagement pics are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see more! I want to see the Harry Potter one! ;)

And yay for a chocolate fountain!

It seems like in order to have a wedding you have to have the obligatory drama and people letting you down in order to finish planning your wedding... :lmao:I know the people I can depend on and they will be there, so that's all that matters!!

The Harry Potter one was awesome! :) I do think she liked Thomas' Doug way better though! :rotfl:

Your shower looked like a blast!!! (Just look at all those presents! ;) )
I love that shoe idea...SO cute!

And the e-photo sneak peek is amazing!!! I love that second one!!! :lovestruc

Thanks twinny!!!!! :)

Ah flippin' awesome shower hun! I love your details and the food looks super yummy, so glad you had a great time! Oh and those teasers droolfest! I can't wait until you post the rest :)

MMMmm... my mom had these creampuffs... amazing!! lol.. They came out really good!! I am excited for you guys to see them!!

Chiming in with everyone else--- I LOVE the shoe idea! The shower looked like a lot of fun, and I'm sorry FMIL was a poop-head. They seem to like doing that to us disbrides, huh??

Is Senor Frogs a chain? I feel like I've driven by there before. I did live in SC when I was little though, so maybe I just have a realllllly good memory? haha.

I can't wait to see the rest of your engagement pictures--- ESPECIALLY the halloween ones :D

Thanks!!! :) Hahaha.. I totally think there is a FMIL boards somewhere and they all plot and plan, and discuss how to mess up their daughter-in-law's weddings... :rotfl2:

I think Senor Frogs is a chain, I have only ever seen one in MB... but I think there are more out there! Hahaha.. that would be a very good memory! I don't think it is that old though.. maybe like 5-6 years?

Incoming engagement pics just for you!! :)

1 WEEK AND 6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1: :goodvibes :woohoo: :yay: :rolleyes1

First off! I can't believe it is already almost November!! What happened to the time!?!?! Ahhhh!! The biggest thing to conquer now is just finish the programs and a few last minute gifts and one more centerpiece!!

We actually stayed in Charleston last weekend and we got a lot of stuff done! We got all of the groomsmen gifts taken care of and bought some gift bags for them and for a few other gifts for my parents and sister-in-law.

Thomas still needs to decide on a garter toss song and a song for him and his mom for their dance.

My dad had a crazy idea to interrupt our father/daughter dance half way through and start dancing to thriller, with groomsmen included! I am all for it, I think it would be fun, and I don't want to sob the entire time I am dancing with my dad, and I think it would be a memorable experience and good memory to remember! What do you ladies think? :)

I am in MB for the weekend, last weekend to get things done!! I have my final (hopefully) dress fitting today! It was almost right last time, it just needed to be a little bit tighter on the sides and on the bust! She sewed in cups, so I won't have to wear a bra, so I want to make sure that sucker is tight and not falling down and having to pull it up all night! I am also going to try some new jewelry with it this time around and see how it looks! I will make my mom take some pictures so I can post them hopefully this weekend!

We met with the Reverend last night and just went over some details and asked some questions and got everything settled for the rehearsal. It was so crazy and real.... and scary at the same time! Haha...

I am just going to relax today and go shopping with my mom for any last minute honeymoon clothes and maybe do some type of Halloween festivity! Even though it is freezing here... and to me yes.. freezing is like 50's.. The beach has spoiled me for sure!

We are going to try to head out early tomorrow and get home at a decent time and hopefully carve pumpkins on Sunday and just spend some time together! I need to call/email the remainder of the guests for the rehearsal dinner and get a guest count and food count as I need to email the venue for that on Monday! As well as deciding the beer/wine choices for the reception. Lots of payments and due dates are coming up soon for various vendors so we need to make sure and get all of that squared away.

I will post my to-do list soon and what's left!

Here is the link for my engagement pictures! I figured it would just be easier to give you guys the link then to post and pick and choose all of them! They are going to be included on our wedding DVD which will be awesome, cause I liked them but thought I was going to have to pay for them separately! So SCORE! I liked all of them except the beach ones were kinda ok, It was sort of an improv outfit choice and I didn't really prefer it too much, but the silhouette ones came out amazing! Enjoy!!

http://crystalleephotography.instaproofs.com/enterEvent.php?id=476053

pass: doug

Have a great weekend ladies!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter