Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

It's too bad they discontinued the Disney shuttle. I like not having to think about things like logistics!

My education was a strange set of computer science, mathematics, and statistics. The last 20 years of my employed life has been nothing but logistics 😵‍💫. It's almost like I can plan a Disney vacation, but also see how ridiculous it is to plan a Disney vacation.

My small town midwestern self doesn't do well in the shuffle of a big city. 😂 I'll probably end up going into SNA because I've done it before. If I fly straight from FL I'm going to spend the extra days down there since I have an AP. I'm not looking forward to having to buy day tix for the entire family for DL!!

It's too bad they discontinued the Disney shuttle. I like not having to think about things like logistics!
I soooo miss the convenience of the Disneyland shuttle bus! It was awesome! I'm stuck flying into LAX since our major airline doesn't do the closer airports, and the missing bus totally messed with my transit plans.

So my costume came in. I had to order it early because Tutu Factory gets filled up on custom jobs early. I wanted something very Disneyland themed so I went with the Disneyland Small world clock tower! Here is what she made. Also she made 2 different bows! I can go with pink or gold :) I am soo happy. 44122ff37309d9f08d29a26b1ff06a15.jpg
20230714_093228.jpg
FB_IMG_1689349100355.jpg
This will be for my 10k. So I am done now with my costumes since I have my Dumbo costume for 1/2 marathon done too other than tweaking things. Like figuring out my underlayer if it is cold at Disneyland during our run.

What do u guys think?

So my costume came in. I had to order it early because Tutu Factory gets filled up on custom jobs early. I wanted something very Disneyland themed so I went with the Disneyland Small world clock tower! Here is what she made. Also she made 2 different bows! I can go with pink or gold :) I am soo happy. View attachment 777565
View attachment 777566
View attachment 777567
This will be for my 10k. So I am done now with my costumes since I have my Dumbo costume for 1/2 marathon done too other than tweaking things. Like figuring out my underlayer if it is cold at Disneyland during our run.

What do u guys think?
I LOVE THIS! What a great idea and it looks amazing!

So my costume came in. I had to order it early because Tutu Factory gets filled up on custom jobs early. I wanted something very Disneyland themed so I went with the Disneyland Small world clock tower! Here is what she made. Also she made 2 different bows! I can go with pink or gold :) I am soo happy. View attachment 777565
View attachment 777566
View attachment 777567

What do u guys think?
This is adorable, love it!!!! I am going as Cinderella, also with a tutu.

Forgot to share the other day, but my hotel FINALLY opened up 2024 dates. All booked 1/10-1/15 😁. Last "difficult" thing will be park reservations since I'll need them for the week before and won't be able to start booking race weekend until I've started using those up. But things usually open up the night before at the very least.

So far I'm solo unless a friend decides to come (I've been very up front that there won't be a lot going on in the parks and I'll be keeping odd hours), but booked the room as if others are coming with me. No mom or cat on this trip, but I'll be there the week prior with both of them.

Semi debating coming down on the 9th just in case there's really bad weather through the Grapevine. But that would only give me a couple days at home between the two trips. That's a lot of driving in a short time frame 😬

I was just in Disneyland on Tuesday for the second time ever! Only there one day because it was just a side trip while we happened to be in LA. I'm excited to see what the race experience is like there. We stayed at the Castle Inn and I liked it BTW. I couldn't believe how short the walk was into the parks, very different from Florida.

I'm glad to hear you liked Castle Inn. That's where I'm staying in January!
Our room was actually nicer than what I had seen in pictures or YouTube reviews! Pleasantly surprised. We are staying at the Desert Palms across the street in January but I would have changed to this if it was the cheaper option. If anybody has any info to compare the two places please do share, they are about the same price for race weekend.

Our room was actually nicer than what I had seen in pictures or YouTube reviews! Pleasantly surprised. We are staying at the Desert Palms across the street in January but I would have changed to this if it was the cheaper option. If anybody has any info to compare the two places please do share, they are about the same price for race weekend.
I haven't stayed at Castle Inn but stayed at Desert Palms for both race weekends I've done at Disneyland. I love it! It's just a comfortable hotel, I thought.

Ok, sticking to Plan A, then!

I'm still hoping for the MK/DL park hop that day! :D
I really want to do that, but after running through the various logistics, I concluded that there are too many variables that have to fall just right for me to pull it off and in order to give myself the best chance at pulling it off, I would have to spend considerably more.

So I'm flying back home on Wednesday and then getting in my car Thursday morning and driving straight to the Expo.

So I'm a DVC member and I'm looking to book VDH this morning. AND I'm usually on the east coast but my dad is having open heart surgery today, so I'm in CA (yawn 5am booking window) and we needed to leave for the hospital at 5:15am... and of course the DVC booking site is down (no surprise) so now I'm on my laptop in the car and then will be trying from the hospital waiting room...... (of all the days....)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter