Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Ugh. Why did it all have to be so cute? Even cutting out the pins I'm still going to be paying $85 more than if bought in person 😭

Also boo the MK bundle not allowing a different size choice for the Spirit Jersey compared to the shirt.

Still debating if it's worth the extra cost to guarantee that backpack, weekend Spirit Jersey, and MK bundle... Especially since I'm about to purchase OBB tickets and pay for my cat's twice a year blood panels 🫠🙃
That's definitely a tough decision. My friend and I decided that paying full price for things we know we want will be worth not having to fight off people/arrive early enough to get things in our size. I know MK stuff tends to sell out quickly for general merch, though I don't know how many people with passes are actually participating in the runs.

Luckily I already pre-ordered some of this merch, so that's already paid off. But the extra things plus OBB tickets on Tuesday are going to hurt. And I'm headed to Disneyland this weekend, so I know I'm going to be spending a good amount in the next week. 💸

It’s a good thing I can’t bring a guest with me during CrD shopping time, my grandma would probably drop dead at the total cost of all the merch I HAVE to have 😂😂 I am, however, really excited in general to have my grandma coming with; I haven’t gotten to share Disney with anyone since I was a kid. I’m also excited to have someone cheering for me specifically, rather than just cheering generally. I look forward to getting the spectating details closer to the weekend so I can tell her where to go.

That's definitely a tough decision. My friend and I decided that paying full price for things we know we want will be worth not having to fight off people/arrive early enough to get things in our size. I know MK stuff tends to sell out quickly for general merch, though I don't know how many people with passes are actually participating in the runs.

Luckily I already pre-ordered some of this merch, so that's already paid off. But the extra things plus OBB tickets on Tuesday are going to hurt. And I'm headed to Disneyland this weekend, so I know I'm going to be spending a good amount in the next week. 💸

It's just the added insult of a platform fee on top of not getting the MK discount 😆. Lot to think about if it's worth the extra $85 to me 🤔

I think I've made peace with the pins. I think. I only want the medal replicas for my stuffed panda that will be "running" with me. Willing to chance it I think lol

So. Interesting thing I'm seeing over on one of the FB groups. A few people are very insistent that the 7am PT/10am ET registration time is "how it's always been" 😶

Grateful for all the threads here that confirm my memory that they were 9am PT/12pm ET. And apparently until 2019/20 season. I only knew for sure through 2017. These are wonderful records that really help with facts from those periods of time. I'm glad we have them.

So. Interesting thing I'm seeing over on one of the FB groups. A few people are very insistent that the 7am PT/10am ET registration time is "how it's always been" 😶

Grateful for all the threads here that confirm my memory that they were 9am PT/12pm ET. And apparently until 2019/20 season. I only knew for sure through 2017. These are wonderful records that really help with facts from those periods of time. I'm glad we have them.

I'm one of those people who remember something until I no longer need it, and then it's forgotten. What did I have for dinner last Thursday? It's been eaten and out of my system, I don't remember, anymore!

What time was registration in 2017? I dunno, I registered, I moved on. That's why we document things, so I don't have to remember, or misremember :D

I'm one of those people who remember something until I no longer need it, and then it's forgotten. What did I have for dinner last Thursday? It's been eaten and out of my system, I don't remember, anymore!

What time was registration in 2017? I dunno, I registered, I moved on. That's why we document things, so I don't have to remember, or misremember :D

I'm laughing with you at the first paragraph 😆😆😆. Totally feel that.

And yes! Love the history we have here leading up to, during, and after. It really helps future us.

Where are people seeing/buying this merchandise? (Shows you how often I buy race stuff--never)

Even though they haven’t posted the jacket pictures yet, Im tempted to order based on what I’m seeing from the other Merch. Can someone remind me if you can “return” pre ordered merch? My only hesitation is if there’s a C2C jacket I may prefer that and not sure I need 2 more jackets! :)

Do we think coast to coast merch will be a thing at Disneyland?
Previously it was not, aside from a couple of t-shirt designs that were also available online. But with the hype on merch now and the anticipation of the return of DL, it would not surprise me if that changed.

Can someone remind me if you can “return” pre ordered merch?
At WDW, yes. Not sure about DL.

Happy to have found this thread! I'm nearly done scrolling to get caught up, but WOW.. lots of great information in here.

I'm running the HM with my daughter - we got caught in those few minutes where 5K and 10K closed on us during registration, so we snagged the HM. Started get back into running and training earlier this month but we are new to long distance. Gulp.

Started get back into running and training earlier this month but we are new to long distance. Gulp.
Welcome to the fold! HM is a good distance IMO, it’s long enough to be challenging and have a feeling of accomplishment while also not needing an exorbitant amount of training to complete the distance. Y’all are going to have a great time!

Happy to have found this thread! I'm nearly done scrolling to get caught up, but WOW.. lots of great information in here.

I'm running the HM with my daughter - we got caught in those few minutes where 5K and 10K closed on us during registration, so we snagged the HM. Started get back into running and training earlier this month but we are new to long distance. Gulp.
You’ll have no problem! I went from never running at all in July 2021 to completing a virtual half fast enough for Disney in November 2021

Hey Everyone,

We finally booked the airplane tickets to Disneyland. My mom used her Untied points. When looking at Orange County Airport it was only few bucks more than LA. So we are flying into Orange county airport... so much closer to Disneyland and we will not have to deal with LAX and LA traffic!! Such good news. Also when talking we were flying in Friday and then flying out Monday. Well we decided to fly out Thursday night after work. We live super close to the airport, so we will catch our 7pm flight on Thursday and stay at an Embassy Suites that has free airport shuttle. So we will be ready to go on Friday and have all day Friday to do expo and parks instead of flying in that day. The embassy suites includes a great breakfast too, so we will eat breakfast then go to Pixar Pier Hotel drop off our bags then go to the expo and then parks :)
It is slowly becoming more real.

Next we need to book our disneyland tickets, we are going to do 4 days hopper. I would love it if they did a special deal for the tickets. One could hope right?

And yeah welcome!! You have plenty of time, everyone just started on the marathon/doppy training this week.

Hey Everyone,

We finally booked the airplane tickets to Disneyland. My mom used her Untied points. When looking at Orange County Airport it was only few bucks more than LA. So we are flying into Orange county airport... so much closer to Disneyland and we will not have to deal with LAX and LA traffic!! Such good news. Also when talking we were flying in Friday and then flying out Monday. Well we decided to fly out Thursday night after work. We live super close to the airport, so we will catch our 7pm flight on Thursday and stay at an Embassy Suites that has free airport shuttle. So we will be ready to go on Friday and have all day Friday to do expo and parks instead of flying in that day. The embassy suites includes a great breakfast too, so we will eat breakfast then go to Pixar Pier Hotel drop off our bags then go to the expo and then parks :)
It is slowly becoming more real.

Next we need to book our disneyland tickets, we are going to do 4 days hopper. I would love it if they did a special deal for the tickets. One could hope right?

And yeah welcome!! You have plenty of time, everyone just started on the marathon/doppy training this week.

Yay! I booked tickets on Delta, which was one of the few non-stop flights. But now I see a flight on SW that I actually think would be ok. But I bought nonrefundable Delta tickets.... dang it! So I'm wondering if I should just cancel and eat the Delta eCredits and book with SW, or just stick with the Delta flights.

It's a difference of like $200 vs $120 per ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter