• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Hey all - better to submit an extremely fast 5k or full marathon for POT? Or should I attempt to run a 10k? I dont think I'll get a half in with my training plan before cut off. I just ran a marathon this past weekend.

My 5k time is sub 24:30. Marathon is 4:25.

Hey all - better to submit an extremely fast 5k or full marathon for POT? Or should I attempt to run a 10k? I dont think I'll get a half in with my training plan before cut off. I just ran a marathon this past weekend.

My 5k time is sub 24:30. Marathon is 4:25.
Only 10ks and longer will count for POT for this race weekend. If you can, I'd recommend finding a 10k, 10 miler or half to run before the deadline for a POT.

5ks are never used for rundisney POT.

Only 10ks and longer will count for POT for this race weekend. If you can, I'd recommend finding a 10k, 10 miler or half to run before the deadline for a POT.

5ks are never used for rundisney POT.
helpful! at the very least I have my marathon

Anyone stayed at the Westin before? I think I'm going to switch my reservation from the GCH to there because it'll save me $2700...

Anyone stayed at the Westin before? I think I'm going to switch my reservation from the GCH to there because it'll save me $2700...
I haven’t but it’s on Amex’s FHR collection and I really wish I could book it for the race weekend, but 2024 can’t be booked through Amex yet. I’ve heard mostly good reviews, and I like that it’s closer to the Disneyland Hotel. I’m tired of staying on Harbour but I’m keeping my HoJo cheap rate for now.

I haven’t but it’s on Amex’s FHR collection and I really wish I could book it for the race weekend, but 2024 can’t be booked through Amex yet. I’ve heard mostly good reviews, and I like that it’s closer to the Disneyland Hotel. I’m tired of staying on Harbour but I’m keeping my HoJo cheap rate for now.
Ended up going with the Westin, the extra cash saved will more than pay for the rest of my trip to WDW and DL including tickets and food. Was even able to get a suite with a huge soaking tub for the same price which will be really nice coming straight off of Dopey.

My daughter and I have settled on Mike and Marty Wazowski for the Disneyland 5k costumes. I've written a bit about the preliminary progress in my training journal and am starting to gather supplies (link).

img_5584-jpg.759208

img_5585-jpg.759210

Im debating between matching the characters or doing Louisa. I really like the Mickey Minnie outfits on the theme design but it's just kind of running clothes. I'm dying for an excuse to do Louisa but I feel like her moment is W&D and I'm not doing it because of MW and this race. Good thing I have a couple months :)

Wadfl: I’ll be wearing a Hydra Academy phys Ed outfit (shorts and tshirt) that I splurged on at a Propstore auction for Agents of Shield. I just found an Etsy store that makes Agent Phil Coulson onesies, so that’s my baby-to-be’s Halloween costume and netting me at the finish line outfit sorted (I want something coordinated for post-race photos).

I have no idea what to do for costumes. I wore red and yellow and Pooh ears for Princess this year so I plan to re-use that. I am worried about packing space. I squeezed all of my luggage into my carry on and 49lb check bag for Dopey this year and it was a struggle. Since I am going straight to Disneyland from WDW next year I am going to have to get crafty with luggage (and do laundry) or just do two check bags. Delta was nice enough to gift me silver and I have enough upcoming travel to have it extended through January, so now I think I get two free 70lb bags. But the thought of lugging two check bags and a carry on feels embarrassing, but my work laptop/gear and running outfits (and shoes) just take so much room. Plus 6 sets of throwaway clothes! And Anaheim is often so cold in January, so layers...phew. So costumes are mostly Disneybounding for me. I would like to do a Vanellope costume (black hair) and DL seems like a good opportunity given the sweatshirt/tights and weather being (usually) cooler.

Hey guys.

I must apologize for my absence the last week and a half. I said a couple weeks ago I was a bit under the weather. It blew up pretty bad, and I ended up in the hospital. I was poking around a little while I was getting medical attention, but I couldn't do anything too sustained.

I'm doing better, now. I'm not 100%, but I was released earlier today. So I hope I'm good, I just have to keep a few things monitored.

Hey guys.

I must apologize for my absence the last week and a half. I said a couple weeks ago I was a bit under the weather. It blew up pretty bad, and I ended up in the hospital. I was poking around a little while I was getting medical attention, but I couldn't do anything too sustained.

I'm doing better, now. I'm not 100%, but I was released earlier today. So I hope I'm good, I just have to keep a few things monitored.
Glad you’re home and hope you feel better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter