Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Knott’s has done it, as has Legoland and the Legoland Hotel is open. You can also go into Miniland if you have an AP, are staying at the hotel, or spend $20 at the store.

I just wonder if Disneyland could get away with it as I would imagine that would be a much bigger draw. 🤷‍♀️ So they wouldn’t need the governors approval then? They don’t need approval for the hotels either right? I kinda stopped following along the past week because it’s been depressing haha.

I just wonder if Disneyland could get away with it as I would imagine that would be a much bigger draw. 🤷‍♀️ So they wouldn’t need the governors approval then? They don’t need approval for the hotels either right? I kinda stopped following along the past week because it’s been depressing haha.

No. They don’t. The hotels would’ve gotten approval to open when the other hotels in Orange County were given approval to open. They’ve remained closed at the discretion of Disney.

I’m not sure of the exact details of the health orders. But it seems they are more lax when it comes to outdoor activities. So as long as they are strict with masks, social distancing, and enforcement it could be ok. And maybe if they kept the on-site hotels closed it would show they aren’t trying to attract out of area people

Belmont Park here in San Diego is open for shopping and dining. They got busted back in June for running the big rollercoaster, and were told they could remain open for basically outdoor dining/snacks and retail, or to just allow people to walk through. I’m actually not sure what they decided to do.... but they were allowed to open for those things as long as no attractions were running.

I definitely think Disneyland could do something similar if they wanted.

They need to get <100 per 100,000 and <8 for three days. getting there.
Just to be clear. It is 100 per 100,000 in 14 days OR 25 per 100,000 in 7 days with a positivity rate of 8% or greater. I may be wrong as I couldn’t find this information when I just took a quick look but I thought you had to be under for 2 weeks to get off. But three days over to get on.

Just to be clear. It is 100 per 100,000 in 14 days OR 25 per 100,000 in 7 days with a positivity rate of 8% or greater. I may be wrong as I couldn’t find this information when I just took a quick look but I thought you had to be under for 2 weeks to get off. But three days over to get on.

It's not super clear, but they use a 14 day average for cases per 100,000 but a 7 day average for test positivity rate. I believe the numbers need to be below threshold for those numbers of days, respectively, to get off the watch list.

True - it's either of those two. The second measure is geared for rural areas where an artificial high positive % can happen from lower testing, but the population rate remains low. The easier measure to meet for Orange County will be the 100 per 100,000 given its sheer population density.

The metric itself is a 14 day rolling average; not a daily measure. So the county needs to perform well for a trailing 14days and be below 100 per 100,000 on average. They have to maintain that 14 day average performance for at least three days continuous to come off the watch list.

Only after coming off the watch list will there be consideration of progression of phases.

So we went to Legoland today. I was not impressed. They don’t have nearly the amount of employees that Disney has at DTD. We didn’t see one security guard. We saw multiple families pull their masks off after they entered The Big LEGO Store. None of the employees approached any of these people and told them to put on their masks. I don’t know why people can’t just wear the darn masks..... what makes you so special that you think it doesn’t apply to you? And it’s one reason why I think places like Legoland will have a very difficult time opening once the Governor gives the all clear. We were going to book a staycation at the Legoland Hotel, but after what we saw today with the lack of employees and lack of mask enforcement, we won’t. And that’s on Legoland as a company.

Downtown Disney is a completely different experience.... there are security and cast members everywhere and they make sure everyone remembers that the rules DO apply to them in case they forget. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at any of the DLR Hotels and we will be at Disneyland when it reopens. Disney really is a class act all the way, and they do it better than anyone.

So we went to Legoland today. I was not impressed. They don’t have nearly the amount of employees that Disney has at DTD. We didn’t see one security guard. We saw multiple families pull their masks off after they entered The Big LEGO Store. None of the employees approached any of these people and told them to put on their masks. I don’t know why people can’t just wear the darn masks..... what makes you so special that you think it doesn’t apply to you? And it’s one reason why I think places like Legoland will have a very difficult time opening once the Governor gives the all clear. We were going to book a staycation at the Legoland Hotel, but after what we saw today with the lack of employees and lack of mask enforcement, we won’t. And that’s on Legoland as a company.

Downtown Disney is a completely different experience.... there are security and cast members everywhere and they make sure everyone remembers that the rules DO apply to them in case they forget. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at any of the DLR Hotels and we will be at Disneyland when it reopens. Disney really is a class act all the way, and they do it better than anyone.
Have you sent this comment to Legoland and to Disney? It might help for both companies to hear your opinion and reasoning. Theme park companies need to know that mask compliant guests are not in the (tiny) silent minority. And that many guests value safety rules and seeing the company consistently enforcing those rules.

Disney Tourist Blog discusses whether WDW is still ‘Magical’ during this pandemic. I used to visit WDW and DD 3 times a year, spending a total of 6-9 weeks each year, and still felt DLR is a much more magical place no matter the circumstances.

The TL.DR for this lengthy article is: “it’ll be even more of an appreciated distraction.”

In DLR’s case, I believe it’ll still be magical!

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-magical-reopening/

Have you sent this comment to Legoland and to Disney? It might help for both companies to hear your opinion and reasoning. Theme park companies need to know that mask compliant guests are not in the (tiny) silent minority. And that many guests value safety rules and seeing the company consistently enforcing those rules.

I’m definitely going to!

Disney Tourist Blog discusses whether WDW is still ‘Magical’ during this pandemic. I used to visit WDW and DD 3 times a year, spending a total of 6-9 weeks each year, and still felt DLR is a much more magical place no matter the circumstances.

The TL.DR for this lengthy article is: “it’ll be even more of an appreciated distraction.”

Bottom line is that the magic is really 'within'. If you feel the magic within, then the magic exists. Masks, lack of parades/fireworks, or whatever doesn't kill the magic.

I agree that DL is more magical for me than WDW, but that's (as I've said before) because DL is bound up in my childhood and my children's childhoods. I expect someone who spent their childhood at WDW would feel differently. WDW is a different kind of magical to me since I've only experienced it as an adult. But both places are just as magical as I let them be.

We were WDW veterans and had never been to Disneyland until we moved here in 2019. Disneyland will forever be our home and our magical happy place...... we spent a year going one weekend per month or more, and it was SO MAGICAL getting to know the park that Walt built. Seeing a new park through my kids eyes and all of us exploring it together.... Magic. Just going to DTD a week ago was magical...... and I agree. Once Disneyland is open, it will be a welcome distraction and welcome magic, however different.

In hindsight, WDW is too much work. 🤣 Disneyland is just so easy. When everything is back to normal someday, we may go back to WDW, but I think our hearts will forever belong to Disneyland and the west coast after the past 18 months here, even after we move back to Texas.

Cannot wait to walk through those gates again!

I grew up in South Florida and WDW was what we did. I did Grad Night and church trips, etc. We took our kids back in 2015 when they were 5 and 3 and it was so much work. I literally had posters on my wall the weeks before mapping everything out to ensure we had fast passes that worked with their schedules plus the meals, etc. And then of course, the day comes, you are so excited for Be Our Guest and one kid falls asleep on the table and the other goes screaming through the restaurant and you have to chase them down, and all that magic is gone.

Granted they are older now but we did DL the last two years and it's so much easier. It's faster for us to get there - door to door we were standing in the GCH lobby about five hours after we left our driveway in NM. Plus I love having a general plan when we walk in the gates and then just grabbing what we can thru Maxpass and letting the day take us where it will. If someone wants to nap? Fine. I'm not upset that the FP I managed to snag weeks ago will be affected.

Of course we do want to do a WDW trip in the next few years once Tron opens so we can see that plus Avatar and some of the other unique aspects that trip offers, but we love DL and I think that will be our home as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter