Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Honestly? We are six weeks away from another spike with Labor Day a month away. Then there is Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. I think March doesn’t sound too unrealistic depending on how the winter goes.

Of course if people wear masks and don’t have parties/gatherings we will be in much better shape for a possible November opening.

Your post is the perfect example of why we actually can’t keep businesses like Disneyland closed.... if Disneyland doesn’t open until March, as you suggest, that means they will have been closed a year. What do you think will happen to Candy Cane Inn, Park Vue Inn etc etc, and all of those businesses surrounding Disneyland that need Disneyland to be open in some capacity? They won’t exist. Not to mention the economy and unemployment rate in Anaheim? These things DO matter, and your post actually proves that since this virus isn’t going anywhere, we have to learn to live with it as safely as possible. At some point Newsom and Iger are going to have to come to an agreement on how to open this park safely, and it can’t be in March 2021.

If you disagree, that’s ok. We can have different opinions. 😀

If you have high numbers for 3 days you are on the list for 14 days. So logically it would follow that you get off the list 14 days after 3 days of “good” numbers right?
Logically? No- it’s fallacious (if a then b—-b therefore A- you’re affirming B, but a is not an intrinsic consequence of B. sorry I had to🙈 BUT I think you’re right that that is how they are going about it for sure! Also still no news on parks reopening from the Q3 call so far😣

Logically? No- it’s fallacious (if a then b—-b therefore A- you’re affirming B, but a is not an intrinsic consequence of B. sorry I had to🙈 BUT I think you’re right that that is how they are going about it for sure! Also still no news on parks reopening from the Q3 call so far😣
I’m scared to even know the damage for DL

I think a lot of 'out of staters' are being kept away not just because of Florida's stats in and of themselves, but also because of the dangers of air travel.

Yup, that’s what is holding me back. We’re in Colorado and usually fly. Have a friend that had no choice but to start traveling for work again (she oversees student housing properties out in socal) and she said it’s been a nightmare. So many people not keeping their masks on inside the planes, etc.

Maybe I’ll start working on my hazmat suit.

Whole thing is just making me extra sad this week, we should have been there today. 😓

So I have a question. In looking at various reservation bookings on Disneyland.com, I see that there is nothing available on any date I check through Dec. for concierge rooms at Disneyland Hotel. I was trying random dates just to see if it showed up anywhere and it didn't. So I initiated the chat feature and was told by the CM that they were not booking any concierge rooms at DLH. You can book them at the other 2 hotels. I know it's all a question mark, of course, but I currently have the Fairy Tale Suite booked in mid-Dec. If it doesn't include concierge, then the price point isn't really worth it to me. Wondering if I should book an alternate just in case, but not sure what that would be. Maybe a suite at GCH? And would they let me hold 2 reservations for the same dates? I do have my flights already but I can change those (SW points), though I did get a great rate of $39 each way. I think they're only $49 anyway, though.

Yup, that’s what is holding me back. We’re in Colorado and usually fly. Have a friend that had no choice but to start traveling for work again (she oversees student housing properties out in socal) and she said it’s been a nightmare. So many people not keeping their masks on inside the planes, etc.

Maybe I’ll start working on my hazmat suit.

Whole thing is just making me extra sad this week, we should have been there today. 😓

You know what’s crazy? I have a friend in Texas.... she and her family have flown to Aspen, San Diego and now Florida. She sent both kids to sleep away camp. None of them have Covid.

Meanwhile, I won’t get on a plane for anything and I was so nervous about going to Downtown Disney!!!!!!

Our reservation is 9/6 at GCH.... not looking good. Hoping they allow me to rebook with the same discount for later.

Your post is the perfect example of why we actually can’t keep businesses like Disneyland closed.... if Disneyland doesn’t open until March, as you suggest, that means they will have been closed a year. What do you think will happen to Candy Cane Inn, Park Vue Inn etc etc, and all of those businesses surrounding Disneyland that need Disneyland to be open in some capacity? They won’t exist. Not to mention the economy and unemployment rate in Anaheim? These things DO matter, and your post actually proves that since this virus isn’t going anywhere, we have to learn to live with it as safely as possible. At some point Newsom and Iger are going to have to come to an agreement on how to open this park safely, and it can’t be in March 2021.

Agree 100%

You know what’s crazy? I have a friend in Texas.... she and her family have flown to Aspen, San Diego and now Florida. She sent both kids to sleep away camp. None of them have Covid.

Meanwhile, I won’t get on a plane for anything and I was so nervous about going to Downtown Disney!!!!!!

Our reservation is 9/6 at GCH.... not looking good. Hoping they allow me to rebook with the same discount for later.

That’s wild!! I think so much of it is just random.

I changed our reservations to December but to be honest my heart is just not in it... I’m having a hard time seeing how things will be better then where I’d feel any more comfortable flying. Trying to get my optimism back but I feel like a deflated balloon haha. Might be better (at least for me) to just give it up and plan for 2021 trip of my dreams. Too much emotional whiplash!

Not surprised. There won't be an update till the CA government issues guidance.

I have a reservation for 9/30. I was hoping they would say something like not expecting to open until at least ________. I’m tired of stalking the DVC reservation site to see if I can convert by cash nights to points (got 1 of 4) and watching my SW flights. My gut says I’m wasting my time and headed for cancellation #3 for the year (first 2 WDW).

I have a reservation for 9/30. I was hoping they would say something like not expecting to open until at least ________. I’m tired of stalking the DVC reservation site to see if I can convert by cash nights to points (got 1 of 4) and watching my SW flights. My gut says I’m wasting my time and headed for cancellation #3 for the year (first 2 WDW).
Similar here - I’ve already cancelled three summer reservations and now have one for mid-September I expect I will be canceling. But my difference is no flights involved, which add a whole other aspect of planning and pain for those in your situation.

But I get that it is also on the State to provide the guidelines for reopening, which have not yet come. So it’s hard for Disney to share any specific plans for reopening dates in advance of those. Better to be sure and then share the next date, than a repeat of July with the date shared and then retracted.

Well idk if this is new information to anyone or not, but I’m hearing at DtD that CMs are starting to take surveys about the procedures and how people feel about a the parks reopening/how likely they are to come to the reopening and how they would feel if parks were open now. I also coincidentally received a survey from Disney this morning via email regarding the same thing. I can’t tell if they’re just covering some ground or truly preparing for an opening in the near future. Time will tell! I’m staying positive on this!!
We got that too when we went to DTD. :goodvibes

Are these the same surveys that went out in March/April?

Well if any place around the park permanently closes you can bet Disney will be buying more property to expand in the future. Bad for cheaper stays....great for future expansion.

Well if any place around the park permanently closes you can bet Disney will be buying more property to expand in the future. Bad for cheaper stays....great for future expansion.

Pretty much this. And the cost basis for a lot of these properties is so low that they’re unlikely to ever be sold anyway, owners are more likely to encumber the property than sell.

Unless they’re leveraged to high heck, COVID is like the tide going out and seeing who is swimming naked. I think the hotels surrounding the park are safe...if not one operator, another will come in to replace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter