• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Does Newsom normally do Monday press conferences?
It kind of seems to be whenever. He did one the tuesday following labor day to downgrade counties, he has done a wednesday one for a covid update, and he did a monday one to talk about wildfires and covid. He seems to do them as needed with no real set schedule.

Reactions: EmJ

Please feel free to add or comment:

Speculation on why DLR hotels are only cancelled through 10/3 but they are allowing new bookings starting 10/16

1) They will cancel 10/4 - 10/15 as usual on Thursday so it's just procedural
2) DL will open on 10/4 and they want to keep the number of booked rooms low that first 2 weeks to allow for more AP's to have park reservations (assuming DLR hotel guests are guarenteed)

What is the turnaround time to get all employees back?
"All" employees will not be called back at once. Turn around time will likely be 3-4 weeks, to call, get them in, refit them, retrain them on new protocols, have a soft opening using cast and friends to practice, etc. I think the earliest we are looking at is Oct 16.

Please feel free to add or comment:

Speculation on why DLR hotels are only cancelled through 10/3 but they are allowing new bookings starting 10/16

1) They will cancel 10/4 - 10/15 as usual on Thursday so it's just procedural
2) DL will open on 10/4 and they want to keep the number of booked rooms low that first 2 weeks to allow for more AP's to have park reservations (assuming DLR hotel guests are guarenteed)

I was thinking more along the lines with number 2, if the state gives them the green light this week to open. I am hoping that people who booked vacation packages through WDTC, even if staying at a good neighbor hotel, would be included for guaranteed access.

I would hate to see that after cancelling many times and having DL open in time for our late October vacation dates, that I might still have to push back or cancel because we can't get a park reservation for the dates that we are scheduled to be there, even though we booked directly with WDTC.

10/4 is too soon. It will not allow for the training needed. Minimum time will be 3 weeks. They have not even made the calls yet to return. Guest Relations and managers that came back for the reopening of DTD took 2.5 weeks to get ready.

10/4 is too soon. It will not allow for the training needed. Minimum time will be 3 weeks. They have not even made the calls yet to return. Guest Relations and managers that came back for the reopening of DTD took 2.5 weeks to get ready.
An article was posted here that they only need a 10 day turn around to bring back staff. That may not be accurate though so you could be right with 3 weeks..

An article was posted here that they only need a 10 day turn around to bring back staff. That may not be accurate though so you could be right with 3 weeks..
The problem is training in the new procedures. And possibly also training in general because I read somewhere additional training is needed if it’s been 6 months since a CM operated something.

For APs they were gone in like 5 mins, probably quicker. Only APs could get them, no guests. Plagued with technical issues #DisneyIT
How long did it take for AP’s to be restored in the app if they’ve expired, but you’ve asked for extensions? I’m more worried that Disney IT will take forever to restore all the AP’s (correctly) in time to make reservations

Last edited:
How long did it take for AP’s to be restored in the app if they’ve expired, but you’ve asked for extensions? I’m more worried that Disney IT will take forever to restore all the AP’s (correctly) is time to make reservations
Yes, most of mine are in this category. I can't see mine at all.

How long did it take for AP’s to be restored in the app if they’ve expired, but you’ve asked for extensions? I’m more worried that Disney IT will take forever to restore all the AP’s (correctly) in time to make reservations
Some popped up in time for preview registration while others didn’t and were out of luck. I think by the time normal reservations were live it was mostly sorted out.

The problem is training in the new procedures. And possibly also training in general because I read somewhere additional training is needed if it’s been 6 months since a CM operated something.

Regarding just the safety procedures training, I'm pretty sure something like that can be done using a video or online lesson CMs can access from home and do prior to returning. I mean, if it's good enough for kids to learn this way at home now, it should be good enough for Disneyland CMs.

The ride specific training they obviously need to be on site for.

ETA: My kids are returning to school on Thursday and they have an online video and "quiz" they have to pass before they can come back.

Last edited:
Regarding just the safety procedures training, I'm pretty sure something like that can be done using a video or online lesson CMs can access from home and do prior to returning. I mean, if it's good enough for kids to learn this way at home now, it should be good enough for Disneyland CMs.

The ride specific training they obviously need to be on site for.

ETA: My kids are returning to school on Thursday and they have an online video and "quiz" they have to pass before they can come back.
I totally agree but don't forget just like distance learning, not everyone has wifi or a computer. So there's that. They could always set up stuff in the convention area of DLR hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter