Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

First time staying at All Star Movies next week. How big is the resort in terms of walking from the bus stop. We're in a preferred room and getting in around midnight and I'm a little concerned about having to drag our luggage across the resort, like we had to at SSR, after an exhausting day of travel.

We were in a preferred room located in the Toy Story section, building 10, on the first floor for a long weekend trip earlier this month. We were maybe a 2 minute walk from the bus stop. If you can request this building, I would recommend it!

Good Morning!
This will be a first stay in a value resort. Wanted to know if a single blow up mattress will fit on the floor? No way my kids will sleep together...lol

Anyone know what time the World Premiere food court at Movies stops serving breakfast? And what time they transition to lunch? Trying to do a late as possible breakfast one morning, but don't want to miss last call.

Good Morning!
This will be a first stay in a value resort. Wanted to know if a single blow up mattress will fit on the floor? No way my kids will sleep together...lol
Yes...barely, and it blocks the exit. Put it in front of the door and it will technically fit.

I saw a pic somebody posted in the POP! Century group that All-Star Movies was getting a refurbishment similar to theirs... What size are the refurb'd beds queens?

Yes, they are queen beds. Movies is basically done; they are working on the last building and you can't get a non-refurbished room anymore.
OMG I wish I would of known this before I booked my trip, I wonder if I can switch because I think POP! Is still a bit pricier.. and I love All-Star Movies more... Now I need to explore my options! Thanks!!

Hi there! We will be staying just one night at Movies. We have Standard booked. We will be driving down so I’m looking for a place to request where we can park close by so there won’t be too long of a walk to the room. Any suggestions?

Hi there! We will be staying just one night at Movies. We have Standard booked. We will be driving down so I’m looking for a place to request where we can park close by so there won’t be too long of a walk to the room. Any suggestions?

Love Bug and Mighty Ducks are the Standard Rooms. Both have their own parking lots, so it shouldn't be too bad from your cars regardless. The parking situation may be slightly better at Love Bug.

allstarmovies-n.gif

ASM is completely booked for next weekend. I heard they have closed a building completely to finish refurbishment. Anyone know if this is true? Or did ALL the hurricane cancellations rebook for next week? I was hoping for lighter September crowds during my stay....

ASM is completely booked for next weekend. I heard they have closed a building completely to finish refurbishment. Anyone know if this is true? Or did ALL the hurricane cancellations rebook for next week? I was hoping for lighter September crowds during my stay....
The closed building is true. I wouldn’t compare on-site hotel occupancy with theme park crowds. Disney is excellent at keeping the value resorts completely full in any season.

Do you think just having buses is a big deal, My DH is asking me if we should change hotels to have the skyliner We like to rope drop and come back to the room midday then head back out again. I have never taken the bus its the most boring form of transportation.

Do you think just having buses is a big deal, My DH is asking me if we should change hotels to have the skyliner We like to rope drop and come back to the room midday then head back out again. I have never taken the bus its the most boring form of transportation.
To me, that would depend on the difference in cost

So do the rooms all now have two queen beds with a small table in the room?
There is a queen bed and a queen Murphy bed. They both have the same exact mattress. If you put the Murphy bed up there is a table and they provide two chairs in the room

First time at ASMo. My mom uses a scooter. Where to plug it for charging? Will it fit inside the door to the rooms? or is there a central charging area? Also- we have booked a standard room and I put my request in for Mighty Ducks as it seems closer to the ASMu bus stop and food court and pool.... the second option on room requests was "landscape view" ... what does this mean? Preferably, we would be better with a ground floor room considering the scooter.

First time at ASMo. My mom uses a scooter. Where to plug it for charging? Will it fit inside the door to the rooms? or is there a central charging area? Also- we have booked a standard room and I put my request in for Mighty Ducks as it seems closer to the ASMu bus stop and food court and pool.... the second option on room requests was "landscape view" ... what does this mean? Preferably, we would be better with a ground floor room considering the scooter.

I can't help with the scooter part, hopefully someone else can. I don't think there's a central charging area though. I can help with the rest. I have requested and gotten Mighty Ducks my last 2 trips for exactly the reason you mentioned, it is so close to the main building at Music. Almost always use the buses at Music then, and I actually like Music's food court better - though eating at both is nice for variety. I will mention that you cross an internal road when going from Mighty Ducks over to Music, so that's something to be aware of - but there is a crosswalk, maybe a couple of them. Landscape view just means the view out your window is landscaping or trees. If ground floor or lowest floor isn't a choice in the drop-down menu, you can call Disney and ask them to note your room requests on your reservation. I do so every time. I hope this helps!

I just checked and it won't let me book my October date, but lets me book if I stay 3 days or longer. I also checked my May dates and it let me book 1 day. Doesn't make sense!
We could not get a reservation for 2 days, had to make it 3 (October 10-13). I had to call to cancel, CM could NOT cancel the one day either and sent it "somewhere else." Within about 3-4 hours we had our 2 nights at ASM. If I hadn't happened to read this thread I never would have tried it! First time at All-Stars for a kid free/Food and Wine/Hubby's B-Day trip!
Is yours the same time, @Candlelady ? That's a US holiday 3 day weekend. Which is probably why the 3 night minimum. A lot of hotels up here in 'leaf-peeper country' have the same restrictions on this weekend.

I will mention that you cross an internal road when going from Mighty Ducks over to Music, so that's something to be aware of - but there is a crosswalk

Looking back at Ducks after crossing the "Movies/Music Way"(my name for it:)).
20169209308_932396217b_z.jpg

Looking back at crosswalk for Movies/Music Way
19736293563_f595fb11d4_z.jpg

Turning and looking down the sidewalk to Music(all 3 pictures taken from the same spot)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter