Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

No-The 15s will no longer be on this Continent and September is not Cheer/Dance Season and no major Sporting Events at WWoS in September AFAIK.:)

Oh thank you so much for this info! You have put my mind at ease! :) For future reference, when are the 15s at WDW?

We were there in December and the lady in front of me just had a side of scrambled eggs. I don't remember if I saw it on the menu but she was able to get one.

@karalecia26 - thanks so much (I have type 2 diabetes so trying to make sure I can just order what I can actually eat) Michelle

Thanks @macraven and @WEDWDW . That is epic! Now to start browsing the menus and thinking about a standard room request!

If you like to imbibe, All Star Music, which we walked across the parking lot from Baseball section to, had "adult" milkshakes. :)

Is there an all Star resort dining thread? Just wondering if they have a side of Scrambled eggs (I checked the menu here on the Dis and allears but didn't see it - but they have it on the Pop menu) thanks for any help ..

I had just scrambled eggs in January. :)

I didn't see anything at the beginning of the thread so if anyone would be so kind as to take pity on me to answer a couple of questions so I don't have to go through 208 pages, I would be eternally grateful! Considering All Star Sports for a trip in December but I need to know 1. are there still just double beds and 2. when was the last rehab done on this hotel? Thanks in advance!!

I didn't see anything at the beginning of the thread so if anyone would be so kind as to take pity on me to answer a couple of questions so I don't have to go through 208 pages, I would be eternally grateful! Considering All Star Sports for a trip in December but I need to know 1. are there still just double beds and 2. when was the last rehab done on this hotel? Thanks in advance!!

Full, "Double" beds.
Not sure last rehab of rooms, but we've stayed several times in last few years and rooms were fine/fresh.
Food Court was rehabbed a few years ago and nice.

Last edited:
If you like to imbibe, All Star Music, which we walked across the parking lot from Baseball section to, had "adult" milkshakes. :)
I had just scrambled eggs in January. :)

why yes I do like adult milkshakes!!! Thank you - you know if they load up the plate with all the carbs I'll just eat all the carbs so better off I can pkc and choose!

You can order ANYTHING as a side-eggs,sausage,bacon,breakfast potatoes,etc. at Breakfast/mashed potatoes,corn,stuffing,mac 'n cheese,fries,etc.at Lunch/Dinner.:)

Aweseome news thank you soo much!

Actually just googled it and found a video that did just this - walk from Sports to McDonalds in about 6 mins - very excited as we have 2 days Room only before our "Free Quick Service" package starts up we can eat fairly cheaply there.. Game changer for us - I bet it'll save us over $50 ..
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D01B1A3A7EDCF7FC2958D01B1&fsscr=0&FORM=VDFSRV

Hi Everyone, just me again.. might be a long 200ish days before my trip .. Just wondering if anyone has walked from ASSp to the McDonalds? doesn't look too far - oh course it could be highway for all I know.. curious is all.. Thanks Michelle

upload_2017-4-26_12-22-38.png

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, just me again.. might be a long 200ish days before my trip .. Just wondering if anyone has walked from ASSp to the McDonalds? doesn't look too far - oh course it could be highway for all I know.. curious is all.. Thanks Michelle

View attachment 233461
Yes,Guests do it at times-it is not a HUGE thing to do,but it is walkable and some Guests do walk there.:)

I haven't walked to McD's because I wasn't certain what the sidewalk situation was like & it was after 9pm & dark to be wandering along the side of a busy road. I did cut through the parking lot from Sports to Music & ate in their food court. Great food. However, it was dark when I went for my walk through the lot & I had to be very watchful for cars. Got the sense that family picking up/dropping off guests weren't watching for pedestrians so you need to be vigilant & on your toes.

My DD and I ran down to Music then all the way back to McDonalds to eat pancakes. :) It isn't a far walk and it is all sidewalk until the intersection. Then the crosswalk takes you to the driveway into McD's and we just crossed the parking lot. You just need to be careful of cars as once you exit the crosswalk you are in a p/lot, driveway, etc. with no sidewalk.

We have stayed at All Star Music before, and were happy. We have a trip planned for 8/12/17-8/19/17 at All Star Sports. Is there much difference between the two other than theming? What about their food court options and quality? What about the size and layout of the resort in terms of length of time it takes to get to the main building and bus stop?
Thanks.

I find the experience at all three All Stars to be nearly identical. The Music and Sports food courts were both renovated within a couple of years of each other, and share a common look and layout. (The Movies food court is a lot bigger, having been built last with a different design.)

I find the Music property to be a little more spread out, with a straighter more symmetrical layout placing the standard room buildings further away from the main building and buses, but it was still only a 5 minute walk or so. In my experience, the Sports buildings can be a little more convenient depending on where you are.

If you were happy at Music, I am fairly certain you will enjoy Sports too.

We have stayed at All Star Music before, and were happy. We have a trip planned for 8/12/17-8/19/17 at All Star Sports. Is there much difference between the two other than theming? What about their food court options and quality? What about the size and layout of the resort in terms of length of time it takes to get to the main building and bus stop?
Thanks.

Music is actually laid out different from all the other values AND if you liked it .... you should be very happy at Sports as the walks are much better.

Food court at Music and Sports were renovated within a year of each other so about the same.

I currently have ASSports and CBR booked 11/25-12/1. I am trying to decide between the 2. We are a family of 5 so we fit in one room at CBR. For ASSports I have 2 rooms booked, so it's a little more expensive. I am very tempted to just go with sports for the 2 bathrooms alone! I am concerned about the noise there and the buses. I see that pop warner starts 12/1. Will they not arrive until 12/1? Or do they typically arrive a few days prior? Thank you:)

I have a specific room request in to Touring Plans, does it help to also call reservations and request it as well??

Can someone please answer a few questions for me about ASsp? I am a little unsure about staying here. My DD and I are booked for 2 weeks (11/18-12/2). Originally we were booked for a preferred room at POP, but when free dining came out I could only get it a ASsp (standard room). I noticed there is some sort of soccer event at ESPN and was wondering what kind of impact that would have here? Do the bus stops have the signs with bus times on them? Are the standard rooms far from the bus stops/food court? How is the food court compared to POP/AOA? Sorry for all the questions, but we have only stayed at either POP/AOA before and I am a little nervous about staying here.

Can someone please answer a few questions for me about ASsp? I am a little unsure about staying here. My DD and I are booked for 2 weeks (11/18-12/2). Originally we were booked for a preferred room at POP, but when free dining came out I could only get it a ASsp (standard room). I noticed there is some sort of soccer event at ESPN and was wondering what kind of impact that would have here? Do the bus stops have the signs with bus times on them? Are the standard rooms far from the bus stops/food court? How is the food court compared to POP/AOA? Sorry for all the questions, but we have only stayed at either POP/AOA before and I am a little nervous about staying here.

Just a general answer...if you are familiar with the experience at Pop and AoA, I think you should have a pretty similar experience at an All-Star resort, especially as compared to Pop Century in terms of the rooms, standard room locations, and food court offerings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter