Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Super excited for our first trip to BWI!! Since we can walk to 2 parks thinking about ditching the rental car.

Is parking really that tough or does it get exaggerated? We'll be there the 3rd week in August but arriving around 1030 on a Friday night.

Question about parking lot at BWI (sorry if it has been asked before):
Are those two lots, circled in pink, also parking lots for BWI guests?
Are there walkways from those to lots to BWI?
Just want to make sure I can get my kids safely travel back and forth from the lots if we end up parking in those places....

TIA!
BWI Parking.jpg

Question about parking lot at BWI (sorry if it has been asked before):
Are those two lots, circled in pink, also parking lots for BWI guests?
Are there walkways from those to lots to BWI?
Just want to make sure I can get my kids safely travel back and forth from the lots if we end up parking in those places....

TIA!

The lot on the bottom is the valet lot so not normally available for self parking. The lot to the right is an 'overflow' lot which can be used by BW guests but I believe is also where CMs park. In all our times visiting BWV (we've been DVC members for 20 years) we've always managed to find a spot in the main lot closest to the resort.

The lot on the bottom is the valet lot so not normally available for self parking. The lot to the right is an 'overflow' lot which can be used by BW guests but I believe is also where CMs park. In all our times visiting BWV (we've been DVC members for 20 years) we've always managed to find a spot in the main lot closest to the resort.

Thank you very much @Pete W.

Help!

Unexpectedly in a walking boot and my daughter and I are arriving on Saturday. I’ve never stayed at BW Inn, tho many trips to Disney, can those in the know recommend a room area request. I am hoping to be close to wherever the main exit would be to get to the boardwalk for going to Epcot. I’m confused about the floors, because I think the check in is on floor 2? But do you go out to the boardwalk on floor 1 or 2? I like a quieter room and don’t mind walking down a long hall, but am trying to avoid stairs, without taking an elevator. Going down stairs is dicey!

Any advice is truly appreciated! Thank you!

Help!

Unexpectedly in a walking boot and my daughter and I are arriving on Saturday. I’ve never stayed at BW Inn, tho many trips to Disney, can those in the know recommend a room area request. I am hoping to be close to wherever the main exit would be to get to the boardwalk for going to Epcot. I’m confused about the floors, because I think the check in is on floor 2? But do you go out to the boardwalk on floor 1 or 2?

Front desk: floor 2.

Buses to MK and AK (also uber, lyft, minnie van, cab): floor 2

Boardwalk, and walk or boat to Epcot or DHS: floor 1.

I will let someone else explain the elevators. I messed it up the last time I tried to explain it.

Super excited for our first trip to BWI!! Since we can walk to 2 parks thinking about ditching the rental car.

Is parking really that tough or does it get exaggerated? We'll be there the 3rd week in August but arriving around 1030 on a Friday night.

walking to two parks is a BIG DEAL for us! :-)

Front desk: floor 2.

Buses to MK and AK (also uber, lyft, minnie van, cab): floor 2

Boardwalk, and walk or boat to Epcot or DHS: floor 1.

I will let someone else explain the elevators. I messed it up the last time I tried to explain it.

Thank you for that info. What’s the issue with the elevators?

Thank you for that info. What’s the issue with the elevators?

Well the regular elevator on the inn side only goes down to the second floor. If you want to get to the Boardwalk area on the first floor you have to... this is where I get confused and will let someone else finish.

The lot on the right across the street is for cast members only, and you need to scan your cast ID to enter. The lot circled in pink is a combination valet and self park. To the right of the trees is self park, to the left valet only. The lot that is not circled is the main lot which is supposed to be for BWI/BWV registered guests only, but more often than not is used by non resort guests who then go to Epcot or HS.

Well the regular elevator on the inn side only goes down to the second floor. If you want to get to the Boardwalk area on the first floor you have to... this is where I get confused and will let someone else finish.

When you exit the BWI elevators on the 2nd floor, you need to walk toward the lobby and just across the hallway from Belle Vue Lounge and the staircase to the Boardwalk on the left is the elevator to the ground/Boardwalk level OR you can cross the lobby and use the elevators on the Villas' side. These elevators exit at ground level which is where the fitness center, arcade and clown pool area is located but also accesses the Boardwalk and around the pool, the walkway to DHS.

Thank you for your reply! So it seems that I want to request a 1st floor room. Is there anything about that request that you think I should know? Btw, we have booked a standard room. Thanks again. :flower:

When you exit the BWI elevators on the 2nd floor, you need to walk toward the lobby and just across the hallway from Belle Vue Lounge and the staircase to the Boardwalk on the left is the elevator to the ground/Boardwalk level OR you can cross the lobby and use the elevators on the Villas' side. These elevators exit at ground level which is where the fitness center, arcade and clown pool area is located but also accesses the Boardwalk and around the pool, the walkway to DHS.

Thank you for your reply! So it seems that I want to request a 1st floor room. Is there anything about that request that you think I should know? Btw, we have booked a standard room. Thanks again. :flower:

Not sure if that would be your best bet if you are on the Inn side. You would need to go up the elevator to get to the lobby floor and exit via those elevators or stairs to the Boardwalk/ground level. There is no egress from the first floor rooms on the Inn side from the courtyard area other than through the building. At least none that I have ever found.

Room category ...Garden view, 2 queens + daybed. Does this room configuration exist? Do you know if there are more than 5 rooms with 2 queens & day bed?

Looking to book BWI. We need a room with 2 queens and a day bed: 2 adults and 2 teens, boy & girl both 15 years old.

I checked Touring Plans room finder. It appears 2 queens + day bed is only available with standard view (not garden view). Additionally, it looks like there are only 5 rooms with that set up. The rooms are ADA. My thought is ...if the resort is full and an ADA accommodation is needed the room who go to them; as it should be.

Trying to gauge our chances of getting a day bed.

The 1st floor rooms face the inner courtyard. You would have to take the stairs or elevator to the 2nd floor then another elevator or stairs down to the boardwalk. I would request a 2nd floor room so you only have to take one elevator, any other floor you would have to take two elevators to get to the boardwalk.

Room category ...Garden view, 2 queens + daybed. Does this room configuration exist? Do you know if there are more than 5 rooms with 2 queens & day bed?

Looking to book BWI. We need a room with 2 queens and a day bed: 2 adults and 2 teens, boy & girl both 15 years old.

I checked Touring Plans room finder. It appears 2 queens + day bed is only available with standard view (not garden view). Additionally, it looks like there are only 5 rooms with that set up. The rooms are ADA. My thought is ...if the resort is full and an ADA accommodation is needed the room who go to them; as it should be.

Trying to gauge our chances of getting a day bed.
We have stayed at the BWI several times now and all of our rooms have had a daybed. Sometimes the info on touring plans isn’t so accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter