Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just wanted to pop in to report on our Beach Club club level stay last week. My husband and I stayed four nights last week and we loved it. It was our first club level stay so other than what I read here, I had no idea what to expect. As many have mentioned, I’m not sure I could go back to a “regular” room LOL. We were booked in a standard view room, but had an amazing view of Stormalong Bay (roof view if we looked to the right). We were just a short walk from the lounge. We found the food offerings more than adequate. Loved the breakfast choices every day. Popped in only once during the snack times. I think we grabbed a cookie and some iced tea. As it turned out, twice we had either a big lunch or a late lunch so we were able to make a meal of the evening food offerings. The desserts were amazing. Happy to answer any questions anyone might have :-).

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed your first CL stay :wizard:.

We are 3 days from our first CL stay, 1st stay at BWI and 1st adult only trip. I’m so excited! We’ve never really spent much time on the Boardwalk. Is there anything we should try not to miss? Thanks in advance!

You will love BWI CL! Have a great time :goodvibes.

You are in for a treat! We really enjoy the lounge offerings and the easy walk to Epcot. Enjoy!

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much! We can’t wait! We are celebrating our anniversary, so we decided it was time to splurge!

Hope you have a great anniversary trip :).

Which CL do you prefer: YC standard vw or Boardwalk? Adults only and never stayed club level before. DH says BWI but I’m just not sure.

Which CL do you prefer: YC standard vw or Boardwalk? Adults only and never stayed club level before. DH says BWI but I’m just not sure.

BWI. It is a really nice CL experience with the best CM's. We really enjoyed our stay. the CM's there just always seem to want to be helpful; and were so friendly. We have stayed at all the CL levels except the Coronado Springs (staying in DEC) and the CR and BWI CM's are our favourites. They really enhance the experience. I don't think that I ever laughed so much in a CL lounge or felt as relaxed and happy as at the BWI.

Haven't stayed YC CL (trying it for the first time in June), but I loved BWI CL! The lounge is a little on the small side, but very nice as it had a comfortable/quiet setting. The food offerings were plentiful and the CL CMs were very friendly and personable. With that said, I've been reading great things about YC CL. Hopefully others who have stayed at both will be able to give a comparison :).

It has been some time since I stayed at the Bwk, so I can't say much about the current food experience there, but we like YC better.

I say that because we like the overall resort layout and the pool much better at the YC.

Either way, they are close together so it is easy to explore and/or have a TS meal at either from either location, and both are very nice.

So I read somewhere that conceirge and cm’s not allowed to accept cash tips . We are staying CL YC in June .So what does everyone do to show appreciation? I heard they can accept gifts. Does a gift card count as a gift or cash? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks
We read the same thing about tips not able to be accepted so the last (aka first) time we stayed CL at BWI we left a nice note and chocolates for the CMs that went above and beyond for us. As a Customer Service Manager I know how much my staff appreciates any nice comments or gestures they are given for their service so I try to do the same. It is usually easier for people to complain than praise.
We are so excited to be going back to BWI CL over Memorial Day weekend and I've enjoyed catching up on this thread!

The flavor of each Universal is also something to be appreciated.
RP - reminds me a bit of Poly. I love all the orchids and the pretty courtyard. Of the three though, and maybe this is just us, we've had a few issues with the service at the front desk. I think it is something about the management. Sometimes our room was ready by check-in, sometimes our room isn't serviced. In general, US hotels get serviced rather late in the day. CL staff has always been super, and CL food is super. The sushi loungs is a little $$, and the menu is a tiny bit spotty, but otherwise the sushi is very good! We try to eat there whenever we stay there.

HRH- I already listed some pro and cons. The vibe is a fun rock and roll. Mostly this is great, except I could do without hearing say, Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" at 7am in the morning. Ya Know? Other times, it is exciting to be at HRH in the evening when an event is happening. the place feels alive. Though there are plenty of kids, HRH leans slightly towards more of an adult flavor than the others. We've never tried the steakhouse, but the food court is a bit boring. All the memorabilia is fun.

Porto - Italian. Portofino reminds me slightly of the World Showcase for some reason; at both I really like the night lighting. The food is generally quite good. For me, one of the things I don't love about Portofino is that it is a bit sprawling and (layout) a tad confusing - like the Boardwalk. The CL lounge is near the lobby, so often you'll have a bit of distance between your room and the lounge. The other 2 CL's are slightly more compact. Slightly more upscale that the other 2.

I will also give a shoutout to the two new-ish hotels. We REALLY like Sapphire Falls, if only they had a CL! The décor, dining, layout, and pool are super. Though to be fair, all our rooms have been close to the lobby. If you are staying at RP, it is a very short walk to SF! We have enjoyed all the dining we have tried there. It has a Caribbean theme, so a mix of new and familiar items are offered, in very enjoyable décor.

The Aventura is very...millennial. That's the best word I have for it. Much in the rooms is powered by an iPad! It is the light switch, tv remote, air control. (We found it a bit quirky.) The food court offerings though are excellent and very modern. One of the options is a make your own stir fry or soup area. You choose from a wide array of veggies, proteins, and soup or stir fry. Healthy, delicious, custom, and inexpensive. That is just one of the stations offered. And we didn't even try to new sky top eatery. I so wish they'd put a similar food court into the HRH.
I have to laugh when I read this about the Aventura. My millennial aged son who has stayed at the Portofino hotel often, thought the Aventura hotel was too millennial when he stayed there last fall. He was glad he tried it but says he will return to the Portofino next time. We do love the CL there.

So I read somewhere that conceirge and cm’s not allowed to accept cash tips . We are staying CL YC in June .So what does everyone do to show appreciation? I heard they can accept gifts. Does a gift card count as a gift or cash? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks
I have tipped multiple CMs in lounges. No one refused. Didn't have to ask 3x. Maybe twice for one person. Have no idea if they put it in a pot or not.

I don't think it's necessary but a few people were super helpful.

I don’t think you’ll find anyone here who’ll argue with you...
HAHA if only my family felt the same! They don't think we need it. Even if we used it just for breakfast for the 4 days thats $42.25 per day. Totally worth it to me! I needed to know I wasn't crazy.

$169 total for 4 nights? Book that now!
I placed a deposit on it last night. I was too scared it would disappear. Now I have two overlapping rooms lol

I would ;).
I think I need to keep it!

HAHA if only my family felt the same! They don't think we need it. Even if we used it just for breakfast for the 4 days thats $42.25 per day. Totally worth it to me! I needed to know I wasn't crazy.

I placed a deposit on it last night. I was too scared it would disappear. Now I have two overlapping rooms lol

I think I need to keep it!

Why don’t they think you don’t need it? (I’m curious).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter