Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

i just called to check on my CL thanksgiving stay at the YC. The phone CM had no idea how the YC was handling the CL and I should just keep checking the website. we booked at rack rate last year. when AP rates for the fall came out I booked a equivalent non CL room for half the price of my CL. just waiting to see what happens. why should I pay rack rate for the same room i could get for cheaper. I'll check closer to arrival time and then cancel CL if they don't offer it.

Very disappointed in Disney right now for the lack of communication over these hotel stays. they should know 60 days out what is happening and be in contact with their guests. Crazy times, that's for sure
We're first week of December, BWI, CL Deluxe, bought and paid for. I agree that the powers that be MUST have an idea by now as to when the BWI resort will open, but most importantly, if CL is gonna be offered at all in 2020. Just a little honest, verifiable communication would be nice.
I have CL reservation at WL Thanksgiving week and have heard nothing. A few months ago, I was able to get a 1 bedroom CC villa. I had to change our dates slightly, which was a fluke. The airline changed our flight times our original dates. Not a big shift time wise but a big change for us as it meant we wouldn’t be able to use Clear at the airport with their current operating hours (might change by Thanksgiving, but I’d rather not take a chance). So now I have the 1 bedroom cc villa in addition to the WL CL reservation. I’m hanging on to the CL one because I’m curious when and what Disney will offer, even though I already know I’ll end up cancelling it.

We're first week of December, BWI, CL Deluxe, bought and paid for. I agree that the powers that be MUST have an idea by now as to when the BWI resort will open, but most importantly, if CL is gonna be offered at all in 2020. Just a little honest, verifiable communication would be nice.
They have an idea and so do you. Unfortunately CL service is suspended and the BWI does not have scheduled reopening date. Here is the Disney public announced information:
While reopening dates were previously shared for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice, as the reopening timeline continues to be reevaluated.
If you are 100% committed to your trip, you should modify your reservation online or call reservations and have your reservation moved to an open resort.

Since only the YC or the BCVs are open in the the Epcot resort area so you should make you change earlier rather than later if you need space for 6 guests that would be accommodated in the Deluxe CL room you currently have reserved.

Dave

They have an idea and so do you. Unfortunately CL service is suspended and the BWI does not have scheduled reopening date. Here is the Disney public announced information:

If you are 100% committed to your trip, you should modify your reservation online or call reservations and have your reservation moved to an open resort.

Since only the YC or the BCVs are open in the the Epcot resort area so you should make you change earlier rather than later if you need space for 6 guests that would be accommodated in the Deluxe CL room you currently have reserved.

Dave
No argument with any of the above. I guess, as times goes by, it's become clear we're not 100% committed. Checking our exact dates, there is little available with regards to places to stay that interest us. It's just a matter of making the phone call. We do have a backup reservation for the 3rd week in April, BWI deluxe club. I could apply the December $$$ to that reservation...but....but....park hopping is a necessity as AP holders. I'm not feeling the warm and fuzzies that PH will be back by then. So.....here's to hoping they open up the rest of 2021...and I'll try to book a week in December 2021. First world problems:).

No argument with any of the above. I guess, as times goes by, it's become clear we're not 100% committed. Checking our exact dates, there is little available with regards to places to stay that interest us. It's just a matter of making the phone call. We do have a backup reservation for the 3rd week in April, BWI deluxe club. I could apply the December $$$ to that reservation...but....but....park hopping is a necessity as AP holders. I'm not feeling the warm and fuzzies that PH will be back by then. So.....here's to hoping they open up the rest of 2021...and I'll try to book a week in December 2021. First world problems:).

Since I cancelled our Dec CL trip, I've been watching things and while I thought I'd maybe book a long weekend in Dec, I'm just not feeling it :(. There are just too many things taken away right now that makes it hard for me to justify going. I got a PIN code a few weeks ago that is a pretty good savings (35% off deluxe), but no PH, no fireworks, not all restaurants open......and park tickets still at a premium price.....it's just not too exciting for me to book a trip right now. Definitely strange times we're in right now. I hope things work out for your trips :wizard:.

Since there’s nothing else to talk about, I’m sitting here wondering how @mickeynut1 made out in Vegas. :goodvibes

Hey DisneyDad :wave:

I hear ya on discussions. I came back thinking I'd find some good posts to read/respond to and didn't find a lot going on...lol....but in all fairness, there's really not much to talk about, especially CL :sad2:.

Vegas was great, thanks for wondering about it :). It was just me and hubby and was actually my first time there. DH goes often for work as that's where his HQ is, but I had never been before last week. We were only there 3 nts/4 days, but it was a nice getaway. Temps hovered around 100-102 the whole time and while the sun was pretty intense/hot, it certainly wasn't near as bad as having humidity on top of the heat. We did enjoy some pool time, which was nice :beach:. With everything going on I knew going in that things wouldn't be "normal", but it was definitely strange to say the least as there was nobody there. My DH kept saying how weird it was that you can actually walk the strip and not even come close to anyone else. There weren't even a lot of cars driving up/down the strip, which was actually kind of eery at times. But we had a good time and I'm ready to go back to experience the real hustle & bustle of Vegas as soon as things (hopefully) return to normal :goodvibes.

Well, I called and canceled our December BWI CL trip. I told the CM I was canceling because the resort won’t be open and she offered to move me. I told her, no because my Main Gate and guest passes are blocked. I also asked about bookings for February, for our annual anniversary trip. My cast discount is available, but no club level rooms are available to book. we have decided to go somewhere else this year and hope we can return to the BWI in 2022 for our 50th anniversary.

Well, I called and canceled our December BWI CL trip. I told the CM I was canceling because the resort won’t be open and she offered to move me. I told her, no because my Main Gate and guest passes are blocked. I also asked about bookings for February, for our annual anniversary trip. My cast discount is available, but no club level rooms are available to book. we have decided to go somewhere else this year and hope we can return to the BWI in 2022 for our 50th anniversary.

I'm sorry you cancelled your trip, but I totally understand (as I'm sure everyone here does). I started looking at other places to go after I cancelled our Dec CL trip a couple months ago. I thought we'd be back to Disney next spring/summer, but right now I'm not feeling it. We are booked for the 50th, but right now I'm not too sure that will happen. As much as I love Disney, it's been put on the back burner. As sad as it is, with no CL and so many things closed/up in the air, it's just not a place I desire to be right now. I hope a 2022 trip works out for you :wizard:.

I'm sorry you cancelled your trip, but I totally understand (as I'm sure everyone here does). I started looking at other places to go after I cancelled our Dec CL trip a couple months ago. I thought we'd be back to Disney next spring/summer, but right now I'm not feeling it. We are booked for the 50th, but right now I'm not too sure that will happen. As much as I love Disney, it's been put on the back burner. As sad as it is, with no CL and so many things closed/up in the air, it's just not a place I desire to be right now. I hope a 2022 trip works out for you :wizard:.
I have to agree with everything you just said. We have been planning a large family trip for 2021 for years and I'm just not feeling it with all that's going on, and not happening. The CL has become a very important part of our vacation and we tend to park hop a lot and as we have been lucky enough in life to enjoy a number of Disney trips we tend to use FP to hit our favorite rides so no long lines. With just those three things not happening it starts to not feel like the Disney we love. Add in all the other things not happening now such as no shows and the Disney transportation being sketchy at best and it's time to take a long break.

With all that said we will be doing a very short stay with some of our family soon but I am not expecting much out of Disney and it's more of a meeting place than our typical Disney trip. I too hope the Disney we have come to love returns in a few years.

What really convinced me was when I was FaceTiming with Jackie. She understands my love for Disney and knew I wouldn’t be happy with the way things are right now and especially with all the cutbacks for the Christmas Holidays. I hope by next December they will have the party and Candlelight again.

Kerry that makes me sad for you. I hate we did not get to see Jackie one more time before she retired. We gave up our January trip and are going to finish a couple of home projects. Linda is traveling up to see us next week for my birthday then we will be down for Food & Wine next October. Hopefully things will be closer to normal by then. At least club and park hopping. Fingers crossed!

I'm going to call Monday morning and cancel our December BWI CL trip too. I'm not sure why I haven't done it sooner....:). We can handle the mask thing....but as foodies who snack more than big TS meals, the lack of restaurants and with no park hopping we just can't justify the cost. It'll be the first December we've missed in many years. Hoping 12/2021 looks a whole lot better.

If Gov DeSantis announced stage 3 and NO restrictions for restaurants maybe they can add Club Level back and make us all HAPPY again???

Fingers are crossed lol!

That's going to be tough without pulling back in those college programmers to fill the roles the CL staff have dropped down into to temporarily fill.
I believe Disney is currently making a decision on the Spring 2021 CP, conducting interviews in October here.

That's going to be tough without pulling back in those college programmers to fill the roles the CL staff have dropped down into to temporarily fill.
I believe Disney is currently making a decision on the Spring 2021 CP, conducting interviews in October here.
Which club lounges are college program kids staffing?? I can assure you they’re not having college program kids work at the main building club lounge. That’s the only club level Ive stayed at but I would be surprised if college program is working at any of the deluxe resort club lounges.

Which club lounges are college program kids staffing?? I can assure you they’re not having college program kids work at the main building club lounge. That’s the only club level Ive stayed at but I would be surprised if college program is working at any of the deluxe resort club lounges.
No @twinklebug indicated that many CL CMs were moved to other roles that normally would have been held by College Program (CP) CMs since there have been no new CP programs since the closure.

Dave

Correct.
While there is nothing but numbers stopping Disney from hiring locally to fill those vacated CP roles, there are other issues to be worked through if they choose to go that route.

If Gov DeSantis announced stage 3 and NO restrictions for restaurants maybe they can add Club Level back and make us all HAPPY again???

Fingers are crossed lol!
I love your enthusiasm but not a chance. FL regulations didn’t close CL, Disney did (as evidenced by UOR operating CL).

I think we’re out of CL luck until COVID is under control/petered out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter