Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I find that also hard to believe. BUT, in that case, I would take pictures of the issues and contact Guest Relations. Someone here will pop in with a phone number. I have seen no evidence of poop pictures here. A rusty nail, maybe, there is construction going on and I suppose there is the possibility of a stray nail. Please try not to stress. This is a beautiful resort and really, there isn't anything you can do right now. If it turns out to be as horrible as that review indicates, first post here immediately!!!!! I leave in 19 days!! Then politely but firmly escalate the issue up the food chain til you get a satisfactory response.

Stop reading stuff! Have a wonderful trip!

I take all online reviews at places like Trip Advisor with extreme caution. There is little to no moderation of those posts so people can (and sometimes do) exaggerate experiences they’ve had. We have stayed at CSR literally dozens of times. We often stay more than once a year and we’ve never experienced anything like that. The Cast Members have always been helpful. Any minor issues we’ve encountered have been resolved to our satisfaction in a timely manner.

You haven’t made the worst decision and your vacation will be wonderful. Take a few deep breaths, pack your bags and get excited that you’re off to WDW in 2 days!

Poop pictures! Ha.

I'll be here on the board Wednesday morning with first hand impressions and will be fielding questions until we change hotels on Sunday.

So, if anyone wants to know anything, get pictures or videos, I will be ready or that. We requested a renovated room but of course we wont know if we get that until we check in, also not worried either way as both have their pluses.

We were at the resort 10/14-16 and didn't notice any of the awful things some are alleging. It was our first time staying there and we were impressed. The staff was friendly, especially at Pepper Market in the mornings. The grounds were well-maintained. No sign of rusty nails or poop. Did somebody wander into the construction zone? I didn't see any animals, except some little lizards and birds. Maybe an alligator left a "present"? No bus problems. The MK bus actually showed up 12 min. prior to the posted time on the board. We were in line for our first ride 17 min. after boarding the bus. We enjoyed the resort so much, we plan on staying again.

From what I've read I'd like to get a room closer to bus stop #2. Which building's should I request?

There is always a one up to contact.... I can see things going bad from time to time, things do happen. While at the front desk, thank the person for the help, then walk away. Get back in line and go to another person at the front desk, start over. That should do it.

d

Well, I guess we'll all find out this time Wednesday if this resort is indeed fine.. the anticipation!

Things can go one of two ways:
Option 1) Wonderful time and enjoying our days spent by the pool and wandering the grounds when not at the parks
Option 2) Basically a superfund site.

Don’t expect to need El Centro much. My TA put in a request for 8A, close to dig site and bus stop. I will send a fax reiterating this about 5 days out

How much time does it take on the bus to get to the parks? We have early morning FPs for Animal Kingdom and Epcot.

How much time does it take on the bus to get to the parks? We have early morning FPs for Animal Kingdom and Epcot.

I'm sure others will have more detailed responses, as there are exact travel times online. I usually try to arrive at the bus stop about 50 minutes before my first FP starts (we aim for an hour, but expecting to be 10 min late so no one gets cranky ;). Depending on crowds etc, we tend to spend on average 15 minutes waiting for the bus, 20 min riding the bus, then 10 min going through security and walking to the first ride. If everything takes twice that long, we still make the FP window.

I have been trying to figure this out also. Looking at the pic of the shower from easywdw's review and this one I just found, I "think" there is a little shelf in one corner. http://www.carfulofkids.com/2017/05/make-disney-dollars-coronado-springs-resort/

Does anyone know if there is any way to know if you will get a tub/shower combo or just a shower? I thought that king rooms had showers and queens had tubs, but according to the review this shower only was in a queen room.
Coronado-Springs-bathroom.jpg

I also would like to know the answer to this as we have 2 little ones we need to bath. I guess I can call the resort after the room gets assigned and ask, but maybe the front desk doesn't know either.

I also would like to know the answer to this as we have 2 little ones we need to bath. I guess I can call the resort after the room gets assigned and ask, but maybe the front desk doesn't know either.

The non-renovated rooms all have tubs (apart from the Accessible rooms). I'm not sure what the split is on the renovated rooms. I've seen pictures of just a shower, and of a tub/shower combo. So at this time the vast majority of rooms at CSR have a tub.

The non-renovated rooms all have tubs (apart from the Accessible rooms). I'm not sure what the split is on the renovated rooms. I've seen pictures of just a shower, and of a tub/shower combo. So at this time the vast majority of rooms at CSR have a tub.

I was also referring to only the renovated rooms with 2 queen beds as this seems to be a mystery.

I was also referring to only the renovated rooms with 2 queen beds as this seems to be a mystery.

Unfortunately there are only a limited number of renovated rooms available as of now. Technically Casitas 1 and 3 are still down for reno, which leaves only Ranchos 7A and Cabanas 8A. Between them that is only 276 out of 1915 rooms total at Coronado. I’m not sure even when the reno is complete that we will have an accurate break down of tub/shower versus shower only.

A couple questions for anyone that's been there recently. We will be there tomorrow.
  1. Is the jogging path (just the sidewalk/loop) that goes all around the lake totally open? In other words, can you walk it without any detours right now? I was at CBR recently and the path was closed/detoured in several locations. Just curious to know if the construction impedes the jogging trail/loop at all.
  2. What is the order of bus pickup/dropoff at this resort?
Thanks for any replies!

Well, we have arrived. John Mancini was standing at the door waving. That was pretty amazing. 'Hey! You are the famous guy from the internet!' Got my picture with him. I would say that counts as first character greeting of the trip.

Check in desk has confirmed that we are in a renovated room! Room won't be ready for a while so we are going to wander around for a while. Sit by the pool for a few hours if needs be.

I have a grocery and liquor delivery lined up from Instacart at 1pm, will report on how that goes as well.

I am debating on staying at this resort now. I will have 2 little ones with me. Are all the rooms going into a shower and no tubs? My smallest is one and trying to get her bathed could be a little hard since it will just be me who can do it. My oldest that will be easy. Also do you find the standard rooms to be so far back from the main building? How have the buses been?

Well, we have arrived. John Mancini was standing at the door waving. That was pretty amazing. 'Hey! You are the famous guy from the internet!' Got my picture with him. I would say that counts as first character greeting of the trip.

Check in desk has confirmed that we are in a renovated room! Room won't be ready for a while so we are going to wander around for a while. Sit by the pool for a few hours if needs be.

I have a grocery and liquor delivery lined up from Instacart at 1pm, will report on how that goes as well.

C'mon, the IMPORTANT part - any poop pictures??? So really how does the place look?

I will post a full video of my room either tonight or tomorrow, but for the person asking above, this renovated one has a full tub in the bathroom.

@pooch - this whole resort is spotless. Really. Even when we got changed in the bathroom by the pool I noticed how clean it was in there and smelled great. So far no poo but I will continue to be on the lookout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter