Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Added info as to family friendliness.

My wife and I stayed 7/27-7/30. We loved our stay! Coronado has always been our favorite moderate, but the tower makes us love it even more!

I will say that of all the Disney owned resorts we have stayed at (most of them), this was the least "Disney" of them all. We are 100% okay with that, but could see some being a little disappointed if they were expecting more Disney theming. With that said, we experienced this on a couples trip. It was very nice for this. We have an 8 year old who has been an AP for three years now and has had his fair share of stays on Disney property. He is okay with not having the everything Disney at the resort. We would have zero issues with staying at the Gran Destino tower with him. In fact we have reservations that include him for F&W and another around Thanksgiving.

Tower

The front desk seemed to have the same wait as the old check-in at El Centro. On a Saturday around 12 noon, we waited about 15 minutes after. The main lobby is a little different with large tables that you can set at. There are a few lounge chairs around as well.

The elevators are really nice after you get used to them. You press what floor you want to get off at and it will give you the letter of what elevator you are to get on. Make sure you pay attention as sometime it seems that letter disappears quickly.
Just for reference:
Lobby bar (Barcelona Lounge) and the exit to the ground level to go to the pool or 3 Bridges is on Floor LL.
Laundry Room is on Floor 3.
Toledo/Dahlia Lounge is on Floor 16.

We did not eat at Toledo, but did check out Dahlia Lounge, Barcelona Lounge and 3 Bridges. The view from Dahlia Lounge is beautiful and definitely worth going up to see even if you don't plan on visiting the lounge. It can be a bit loud up there if it is busy as there is not many materials there to absorb some of the sound. You can order apps there, but we did not try any. The Barcelona Lounge had one of the best margaritas I have had (Santa Margarita). They do have a couple of apps, but not much else than charcuterie.

PRO TIP: If you are in the tower at night and there is a lighting storm going on, go to the Dahlia Lounge and check out the storm. Absolutely beautiful to watch.

Rooms

The room standard tower room feels larger than the other standard rooms at Coronado. Between the beds there is a very wide night table which is a very nice touch for us. We both use CPAP machines and there was plenty of room for our machines, glasses, phones and we were still able to keep the phone plugged in.

Personally I like the bathroom setup. It is a little different than other rooms on Disney property as the shower is in the same space as the sink. There is a rolling privacy door that blocks the bathroom from the hallway area inside of the room. Warning..... if you do not close the privacy door, when someone walks in and you are in the shower, they will see you in your birthday suit! Keep that in mind if you want to get a shower and your luggage from MDE hasn't arrived yet.

The TVs are neat. When you turn it on there is a nice Spanish music theme loop playing. You can select from a few Disney movies on demand (all free). There is a guide that makes it nice to navigate to what you want to watch instead of flipping through every channel. You can connect your phone to it using chromecast or something of the sort. I had never used it before and it was kind of cool. There is also an option to see your photos from your trip on your memory maker. This didn't work for us for some reason, not sure if it was because we are APs or what, but it wasn't worth the time to figure out.

PRO TIP: If your setting in bed and wonder what the switch between the beds is for as you keep flipping it back and forth while nothing is happening, check one of the switches at the door as you walk into your room. There is one labeled MASTER. If that is flipped on, the switch between the beds turns lighting on above the headboards. We found this out after day 3 of wondering what the heck that switch did.

3 Bridges Bar & Grill

We had a dinner here on one evening. There is a good selection of seating to go with. There is traditional bar seating, tables and lounge couch/chairs. We sat in a lounge chair area. There were tables between them to hold your drinks and apps. I would not recommend this if you have an issue with eating a meal in a lounge chair. As far as the food, it was great. We had the shrimp corn dogs, a special of the day corn cheese dip and the Signature Burger. All were fantastic.

PRO TIP: As of the end of July, they did offer an AP discount of 10%. I didn't really look to see if it included alcohol, but usually AP discounts do not. They did NOT accept TiW at that time.

In general, the new bridges really changes the accessibility of the resort. It cuts down the walk to the front if your in Ranchos as well as the walk to the pool if your in Casitas.

Buses

The location of the transportation bus stop is very close to the front door. It is down hill a little, but there is a handicap accessible ramp if you cannot do stairs. We didn't really notice a difference at all in bus frequency compared to all of our other stays in the past couple of years.

I think what was great though was the new bus stop for the MDE. There is now designated stops for the MDE and it has some seating and cover. We only arrived on MDE from Destino, and did not depart on MDE.

I noticed you mentioned using cpap machine, do they sell distilled water in the store at. CSR?

I noticed you mentioned using cpap machine, do they sell distilled water in the store at. CSR?

Yes they do. You can purchase it at Panchito's Gifts (still located in the old El Centro building). You have to ask them for it as they do not have it out on display. It comes in 1 gallon jugs and are between $3-$4. They are AP discount eligible if that applies to you.

When I check in at the tower will bell services deliver my bags to my room ? Or do I need to take them to my room by myself?

When I check in at the tower will bell services deliver my bags to my room ? Or do I need to take them to my room by myself?

If your room is ready they will deliver them to your room. If it is not, they will hold your luggage for you and when your room is ready and you are in it, you can call down and have them bring it up for you.

Bell services is to the right when you walk in the main entrance. It is across from the front desk.

Yes they do. You can purchase it at Panchito's Gifts (still located in the old El Centro building). You have to ask them for it as they do not have it out on display. It comes in 1 gallon jugs and are between $3-$4. They are AP discount eligible if that applies to you.
Thank you

Not very many pictures. I had a heck of a time trying to pick a room for our stay in 2 weeks.

Thanks! Someone had pics on Facebook of room 781 - it's a water-view, corner so two windows.

I might go for broke and make that room my only request, knowing I probably won't get it.
I figure I booked a water view and all the water views are gorgeous, so I may as well try for the one with two windows, but I'll be happy with whatever I get!
:)

Thanks! Someone had pics on Facebook of room 781 - it's a water-view, corner so two windows.

I might go for broke and make that room my only request, knowing I probably won't get it.
I figure I booked a water view and all the water views are gorgeous, so I may as well try for the one with two windows, but I'll be happy with whatever I get!
:)

I hate that I have to pick an actual room through TP. I ended up just picking anything (after virtually no pictures) and deleting all the prefilled stuff. I just want a high floor. The rest really doesn’t matter.

I hate that I have to pick an actual room through TP. I ended up just picking anything (after virtually no pictures) and deleting all the prefilled stuff. I just want a high floor. The rest really doesn’t matter.

I can tell from seeing people's pictures that if you have a water view and want a chance at a view of Everest - you want the rooms on the side furthest from El Centro.

I will probably put in my comments if that room I requested isn't available, any high floor on the West facing side (Everest view) will do.

I'm sure I will get third floor east facing. ;)

I will also change my mind about a million times before we actually go.

The photo's are mainly crowd sourced, so the more ppl that stay there, and actually contribute to Touringplans, it will take some time to fill in the blanks.

The photo's are mainly crowd sourced, so the more ppl that stay there, and actually contribute to Touringplans, it will take some time to fill in the blanks.

Absolutely! But in the interim, based on how you search, it’s almost impossible to find rooms with any type of view.

Aside from the suites, are all of the club rooms on the top floor?
Unfortunately no! I had called DSS when I had the standard CL room booked and was told that "they're usually on the higher floors". A request could be made but there was no guarantee. I read on another thread that there was a club room on the 5th floor, but that was probably an anomaly. I have since canceled my CL room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter