• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Deluxe suites are between floor 3-15, the water view are L-shaped and the theme parks view (“standard view”) are triangle-shaped. If you're only 2 and like spending some time in the room, the triangle-shaped might work better because the television is right in front of the bed (on the L-shaped suites, the TV is way off to the right). On the other hand, the L-shaped have an amazing outside view from the bathroom: if taking a shower right in the middle of WDW treeline is on your checklist, this is for you.

No washer/dryers BUT the Deluxe suites are close to the elevators and the guest laundry is on the 3rd floor. There is a “somehow secret door” between elevator A and F so whenever where your room is, it's less than a one-minute walk away.

The Chronos Club lounge for CL guests (that includes all the Suites) is surprisingly good, probably one of the best of WDW. Napkins are real made of real cloth, the coffee machine is almost perfect, appetizers are small-bites version of what they serve at Three Bridges Bar And Grill, there's a wide range of soda, bottled water and alcoholic beverages, with wine and beer self-served after 12pm. Oh, did I mention the wide array of Ghirardelli chocolates during the day, and scrambled eggs and bacon every morning?

I'm excited for our stay over Thanksgiving in a Deluxe Suite. I put in a water view room request, odd between the two layouts they are not separate bookable room types, which is strange since they are very different views. I like the layout of the L shaped one personally, hope we get it!

OH NO! Not the dreaded "chanting/yelling" teens! I think I'm going to have to cancel my reservation at Coronado. I've experienced that at the Values and it is beyond awful...We noticed the more they thought they were disturbing those around them; the louder and they got. Not my idea of a pleasant vacation.
....hmmmm, interesting.....I was there last week and didn't hear anything like that... :confused3

The Deluxe suites are between floor 3-15, the water view are L-shaped and the theme parks view (“standard view”) are triangle-shaped. If you're only 2 and like spending some time in the room, the triangle-shaped might work better because the television is right in front of the bed (on the L-shaped suites, the TV is way off to the right). On the other hand, the L-shaped have an amazing outside view from the bathroom: if taking a shower right in the middle of WDW treeline is on your checklist, this is for you.

No washer/dryers BUT the Deluxe suites are close to the elevators and the guest laundry is on the 3rd floor. There is a “somehow secret door” between elevator A and F so whenever where your room is, it's less than a one-minute walk away.

The Chronos Club lounge for CL guests (that includes all the Suites) is surprisingly good, probably one of the best of WDW. Napkins are real made of real cloth, the coffee machine is almost perfect, appetizers are small-bites version of what they serve at Three Bridges Bar And Grill, there's a wide range of soda, bottled water and alcoholic beverages, with wine and beer self-served after 12pm. Oh, did I mention the wide array of Ghirardelli chocolates during the day, and scrambled eggs and bacon every morning?

Awesome, thanks for all of the info!

We do like to spend a bit of time in our room and at the pool for afternoon breaks/naps :)

Sounds like the triangle-shaped room would be better as I would like the TV to be right in front of the bed. Did you try the pull out couch? Was it comfy? My DD might visit us for a few days.

That is great to hear about the CL. DH and I like our beer, so that is perfect. Do they still open the beer for you or can I take an unopened one to my room? It's been a while since we stayed CL.

Love that they serve eggs and bacon every morning. It's so nice to have a hot option!

Awesome, thanks for all of the info!

We do like to spend a bit of time in our room and at the pool for afternoon breaks/naps :)

Sounds like the triangle-shaped room would be better as I would like the TV to be right in front of the bed. Did you try the pull out couch? Was it comfy? My DD might visit us for a few days.

Sorry I can't say anything about the pull-out bed as we're travelling as a couple, hope someone else will be able to help you out on this!

That is great to hear about the CL. DH and I like our beer, so that is perfect. Do they still open the beer for you or can I take an unopened one to my room? It's been a while since we stayed CL.

This is still the case at the other CLs (except maybe the Poly, not so sure as things might have changed lately there). Best news at GDT is that they never open it for you, and this is perfectly fine to bring them unopened to your fridge. (I never tried to bring more than two because I know it is the law.)

Love that they serve eggs and bacon every morning. It's so nice to have a hot option!

So true! Eggs and bacon and mimosa, perfect match for breakfast!

We have never stayed here before, but I am looking into booking a four-night stay in the GDT next August as part of a split stay. My only reservation is the pool situation. I’m worried that it will be crowded with the additional rooms in the tower but no added pool. Since it’s summer, we like to go to a park, head back to the resort to swim and rest, and then back to a park. If the pool is crowded and finding a chair is impossible, it might be a deal breaker for us. Anyone been there recently that can comment on the busyness of the pool?

We have never stayed here before, but I am looking into booking a four-night stay in the GDT next August as part of a split stay. My only reservation is the pool situation. I’m worried that it will be crowded with the additional rooms in the tower but no added pool. Since it’s summer, we like to go to a park, head back to the resort to swim and rest, and then back to a park. If the pool is crowded and finding a chair is impossible, it might be a deal breaker for us. Anyone been there recently that can comment on the busyness of the pool?

Never been to CSR before so can't comment on the before/after situation.

However, GDT is almost sold-out for our trip, and we could find shaded area in The Dig Site on the days we went there. The quiet pools have been the quietest and the nearest one is a one minute walk (we timed it).

Does anyone know if rollaways are available? Would one fit in a tower standard view CL room? Kids do better not sleeping in the same bed.

Hey everyone - I cross-posted this request on the DISabilities forum, but thought I would ask here as well, because I don't think we have had anyone over there stay at GDT yet.

I went all the way back to July 4th of this year in this thread to see if I could find the info myself, but I didn't see anything, so I will appreciate any information y'all may be able to share! 🙂

If any here has stayed at GDT in a roll-in shower room, I specifically need info on the built-in bench in the shower: Is it a solid seat, or the dreaded "mesh sling" like we have seen installed at POP?

For those of us who use a mobility device full time, the transfer to/from the "mesh sling" can be very problematic; you can't really slide over like you do from your device to a hard surface bench. Just want to know if I need to plan ahead, and have Amazon drop ship an el-cheapo bath bench that I can just leave when our trip is done.

Thanks in advance for any insight - I really do appreciate it! 🙂

Hey everyone - I cross-posted this request on the DISabilities forum, but thought I would ask here as well, because I don't think we have had anyone over there stay at GDT yet.

I went all the way back to July 4th of this year in this thread to see if I could find the info myself, but I didn't see anything, so I will appreciate any information y'all may be able to share! 🙂

If any here has stayed at GDT in a roll-in shower room, I specifically need info on the built-in bench in the shower: Is it a solid seat, or the dreaded "mesh sling" like we have seen installed at POP?

For those of us who use a mobility device full time, the transfer to/from the "mesh sling" can be very problematic; you can't really slide over like you do from your device to a hard surface bench. Just want to know if I need to plan ahead, and have Amazon drop ship an el-cheapo bath bench that I can just leave when our trip is done.

Thanks in advance for any insight - I really do appreciate it! 🙂

No idea about the accessible rooms, but there is one thing that triggered me, and maybe you'd like to know: on the lower lobby level, I couldn't find a single door activated with a button. I do not “need” them but they are always handy when you are carrying a tray, and I absolutely don't know how people with scooters are supposed to enter or leave (other than going all the way to El Centro, which seems like an unnecessary trip).

Nighttime views:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter