Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Gran Destino slated to reopen? Playing with a Feb trip but I can only seem to find availability on the regular side of the resort.
Availability for all of CSR, Tower included, has been weird and wonky for months. One day it’s all there, then it’s all non-tower rooms are gone, then it’s just tower rooms gone, then it’s all gone. Then you freak out on the DIS the resort probably isn’t even going to open and people are like OMG what is wrong with you I just looked and everything is available (yeah. That rather happened to me a month or two ago 😳).

IMHO they’ve got a bug they cannot shake in the CSR booking system.

Availability for all of CSR, Tower included, has been weird and wonky for months. One day it’s all there, then it’s all non-tower rooms are gone, then it’s just tower rooms gone, then it’s all gone. Then you freak out on the DIS the resort probably isn’t even going to open and people are like OMG what is wrong with you I just looked and everything is available (yeah. That rather happened to me a month or two ago 😳).

Hey! What are you doing over here? Who said you could leave the other thread? :p

That is great to hear! Question two--do the quiet pools actually close for the night or do they stay open like CBR?

Waiting to see if CSR opens as planned. We have reservations for GDT in Mid November. I have been looking forward to trying a new resort. It looks really nice. I will be watching for news.

Is Gran Destino slated to reopen? Playing with a Feb trip but I can only seem to find availability on the regular side of the resort.

I have it booked in January and have not been contacted otherwise. Did you scroll all the way down on the availability page on CSR? It's at the bottom for January with a lot of "not available" like all the Club Level ahead of it.

Hi, peeking in the thread. Tower or Cabanas, which is better in your opinion? To be closest to pools, food, bus. I looked at the tower but don't think I like the theming but intrigued by interior hallways. I like the theme of the El Centro building.

Waiting to see if CSR opens as planned. We have reservations for GDT in Mid November. I have been looking forward to trying a new resort. It looks really nice. I will be watching for news.
Mine is for right after Thanksgiving. I can't imagine GDT not being open. They moved my one nite stay from ASMu to GDT so I wouldn't have to hop resorts back when they announced they weren't opening the All Stars. I had to book the one nite when I decided to come in a day early and GDT wasn't available.

It seems to be open over the coming winter holidays, is there any reason to think it won't be?

It seems to be open over the coming winter holidays, is there any reason to think it won't be?
We’re all a bit scarred after watching Disney announce openings for a few different hotels, book guests at them and then yank the re-opening. It would not be surprising to get to the end of next week and find out “JK! CSR will be opening at a later date. Join the 3 hour phone cue to get rebooked wherever we decide to dump you!”

The hope they don’t do this is pinned on the fact they’ve reopened YC & GF after the NBA left each spot on schedule.

We’re all a bit scarred after watching Disney announce openings for a few different hotels, book guests at them and then yank the re-opening. It would not be surprising to get to the end of next week and find out “JK! CSR will be opening at a later date. Join the 3 hour phone cue to get rebooked wherever we decide to dump you!”

The hope they don’t do this is pinned on the fact they’ve reopened YC & GF after the NBA left each spot on schedule.
Oh no! Thanks for letting me know. I have not been following happenings much at all in the parks or resorts, and just getting back to doing better following along on reading the news here and theme parks board. I'll be watching along on CSR because I'm considering a Dec trip.

We are really looking forward to our trip that is scheduled to begin on November 29. We love GDT, and have actually scored a King waterview room for the first time. Really really hoping that the dining locations all open up with the resort.

We are really looking forward to our trip that is scheduled to begin on November 29. We love GDT, and have actually scored a King waterview room for the first time. Really really hoping that the dining locations all open up with the resort.
I’m just hoping at least one TS opens. And I’d love to see Barcelona lounge for espresso in the morning. CBR still doesn’t have a TS open, just QS. One QS seems to open always at the resorts so at minimum we should see that.

The odd part is some of the restaurants (Don’t recall which ones) at CSR are 3rd party owned so it might not even be up to Disney if they open.

I’m just hoping at least one TS opens. And I’d love to see Barcelona lounge for espresso in the morning. CBR still doesn’t have a TS open, just QS. One QS seems to open always at the resorts so at minimum we should see that.

The odd part is some of the restaurants (Don’t recall which ones) at CSR are 3rd party owned so it might not even be up to Disney if they open.

It would be awful if only the quick service is open. Something needs to open in GDT itself. I think Barcelona will open at least. I think Three Bridges may stay closed through the winter.

So for table service it's either Maya Grill, the sports bar or Toledo...

It would be awful if only the quick service is open. Something needs to open in GDT itself. I think Barcelona will open at least. I think Three Bridges may stay closed through the winter.

So for table service it's either Maya Grill, the sports bar or Toledo...
My taste buds vote Toledo but my pocketbook votes Maya Grill or the sports bar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter