Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is everyone going to request the room. When I do online check in, the only options I have are higher floor, lower floor, and closest to transportation. We are in a preferred room.

A Preferred Room is only going to be in Casitas, so those really are your only options unless you are going to request a specific building among the Preferred Buildings. Requesting anything outside of what you booked will almost guarantee your request will be tossed.

Also, if you have multiple requests, it's best to rank them in priority order (I try to have no more than 3). If it's a more general request, an explanation of why that area in the likely event that your exact request isn't available. If the assigner knows WHY you wanted a room in Building X facing Y, they can see if there are any close rooms that meet that. Ranking or explaining (in as few words as possible) still doesn't guarantee you'll get your request, but it does seem to increase the odds.

I see a lot of people asking about room location, we have had a ton of luck just asking when we get there, even if we have already received our room ready notification. We just goto the front desk and ask if we can be in whatever section and whatever building number. This past weekend we asked when we got to CBR if we could stay in Martinique in building 25 and even tho it was preferred and we had a standard room, they put us there no problem. I would say that 8 out of 10 times we ask, it is not a problem.

As far as another poster asking about view, if you want to see DHS and Epcot ask for a high floor standard room on the east side of the tower...great views. If you just ask for a high floor standard room, you can get what we received one time...a room with a view of the top of the convention center at the west end of the tower....was a horrible view. When bell services came up with our luggage and asked if we liked our room I said it was great but the view kinda stinks....he asked if he could use our phone, called someone and then asked us if we would like a better view...so we moved without hesitation.

I see a lot of people asking about room location, we have had a ton of luck just asking when we get there, even if we have already received our room ready notification. We just goto the front desk and ask if we can be in whatever section and whatever building number. This past weekend we asked when we got to CBR if we could stay in Martinique in building 25 and even tho it was preferred and we had a standard room, they put us there no problem. I would say that 8 out of 10 times we ask, it is not a problem.

As far as another poster asking about view, if you want to see DHS and Epcot ask for a high floor standard room on the east side of the tower...great views. If you just ask for a high floor standard room, you can get what we received one time...a room with a view of the top of the convention center at the west end of the tower....was a horrible view. When bell services came up with our luggage and asked if we liked our room I said it was great but the view kinda stinks....he asked if he could use our phone, called someone and then asked us if we would like a better view...so we moved without hesitation.

We booked water view in the Tower and would love to see Everest! Know which direction?

I use them too. It's an email that they send now - and it's sent 30 days before. (The fax was about a week out.)
Ah... knew they changed it to 30 days out, didn't realize it changed from fax to email. Makes sense now a days.

I just know it has worked pretty good in the past to get what/where we wanted (based on the room type we booked)

Ah... knew they changed it to 30 days out, didn't realize it changed from fax to email. Makes sense now a days.

I just know it has worked pretty good in the past to get what/where we wanted (based on the room type we booked)

i'm about 50/50 with them. one time the room next to the corner (area and floor which were priority 1 and 2 were met), once it was only the floor and the furthest building away from my request, once it was only the corner room portion, and once it was only the building.

fingers crossed that my request for january (higher floor, west facing section) for my water view tower is general enough. :)

So, in theory, will whatever restaurants that are opening with the resort have availability for ADRs once the resort reopens?

I don't know if I'll get a response or how accurate it will be, but I emailed to ask what restaurants and/or bars will be opening when the resort opens after the basketball players leave. I'll update when/if I get a response (which I'll obviously take with a grain of salt).

Regarding what restaurants/bars/lounges will be reopening... :(

Sadly no news. "Azelea" seems to be the CM who handles the "we don't know" responses as I got something similar a couple of months ago regarding another question. Her response:

"As of right now, we do not have a list of dining locations that will be open as of right now for the for the Disney's Coronado Springs Resort please checck the Walt Disney World® advisory page for more up to date information on the dining locations available."

Just booked a room for a standard room at CSR arriving on 10/31. Just read no one knows what will be open or if the resort would even be open, but we are going to take our chances. If the GDT opens, but the standard rooms at CSR don't would we be moved there or moved to a different moderate? I know it is still a bit out and no one knows for sure. Hoping some food options will be open as I am always a late night kind of food person and constantly go to the values food court before they close to get food lol

Anyways, is there a good preference of rooms, buildings, or area for a standard room? I am so used to All Star Sports and Pop that I know where to request, but this will be my first time here. I am hoping for a decent view from a standard room (I've lucked out with pop and All Star Sports that I usually get a lake view or a pool view in the homerun building). We also want to be close to transportation and food, but still somewhat away for a quieter experience (thats why we love the homerun building, close enough, but far enough from the noise haha).

Hoping to get my email out to them soon since we booked it within the 30 days for touring plans new email system.

Just booked a room for a standard room at CSR arriving on 10/31. Just read no one knows what will be open or if the resort would even be open, but we are going to take our chances. If the GDT opens, but the standard rooms at CSR don't would we be moved there or moved to a different moderate? I know it is still a bit out and no one knows for sure. Hoping some food options will be open as I am always a late night kind of food person and constantly go to the values food court before they close to get food lol

Anyways, is there a good preference of rooms, buildings, or area for a standard room? I am so used to All Star Sports and Pop that I know where to request, but this will be my first time here. I am hoping for a decent view from a standard room (I've lucked out with pop and All Star Sports that I usually get a lake view or a pool view in the homerun building). We also want to be close to transportation and food, but still somewhat away for a quieter experience (thats why we love the homerun building, close enough, but far enough from the noise haha).

Hoping to get my email out to them soon since we booked it within the 30 days for touring plans new email system.
We've stayed there a couple of times and I think Cabanas is a nice area for a standard room. It's close to the main pool and now also the tower. We also booked a standard room and that's where we plan to ask for.

Is Gran Destino slated to reopen? Playing with a Feb trip but I can only seem to find availability on the regular side of the resort.

Is Gran Destino slated to reopen? Playing with a Feb trip but I can only seem to find availability on the regular side of the resort.
All that is really known at this point is that Coronado Springs Resort is slated to open on 10/14. The specifics are still anyone's guess, but FWIW I too have noticed strange room availability. I suspect the entire resort will not be open, but for my dates in November, there were tower rooms available. It may just be that the rooms they have for your dates are sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter