Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everything is OK!
Oh no! No injuries on vacation!!! Hope she is okay. :)
Thanks so much :-)
Thankfully no fracture, but she's got a boot for 4-6 weeks and they said to continue to use the wheelchair for now. We'll see how the week goes. We may postpone and come back another time for the rest of our park days, fortunately, we can use our 6-day tickets for more than 1 trip. I think we'll probably at least get one or two more park days in, but take tomorrow and Thurs. off.

We could be at worse places than CSR! I was working this morning and DD14 was at school while DH and DD were at urgent care and I'm gazing over at Expedition Everest and the top of the Tree of Life :D

Just came back from Rix Sports Bar & Grill over by the convention center, we did takeout and brought it to the tables outside (so lovely!) I saw nothing indicating any BBall players are here, so no walls, tents, or anything in the main guest areas. If I see anything different between now and Friday, I'll circle back.

Ok, this was interesting...
We walked around the lake late this afternoon, as we were coming back we passed Casitas 1. Where it meets the convention center, there were numerous people talking (looked like mgt) and we distinctly heard the phrase "the second bubble" . Clearly planning! (We didn't hear much though since it would have been too weird to stop to listen : )).

With upcoming stays, I'd watch these boards and social media closely. YMMV but I would keep my reservation. Casitas super quiet and almost all rooms now dark (that bus stop yesterday was not busy whereas Cabanas was), and several people pulling suitcases to Cabanas this afternoon. Looks like CSR is actively shifting new reservations to Cabanas.

There is an entrance to the convention center from Casitas 1 rooms. Disney could just close the interior doors by Rix and El Mercado and the Center would be walled off without cutting out guests from the restaurants.

I guess a wall could go up around Casitas to block section off? But Cabanas is no where near that or any sections Disney guests will be staying. Other than one table for G League check in at the main lobby area,, everything is as usual.

The first pic is the exterior entrance to Convention Center, 2nd pic is inside where they could close doors (Rix would be on left, El Mercado on right).

3rd pic is tents (sorry, not the best zoom in). If staying at GDT or Cabanas, won't even see these.

I'll continue to keep an eye out! Sorry if this doesn't make sense, trying to type from my phone :)

Attachments

• 20210119_170421.jpg
    20210119_170421.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210119_171427.jpg
    20210119_171427.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210119_170730.jpg
    20210119_170730.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210119_164538.jpg
    20210119_164538.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Can I get everyone's thoughts on buses. ME and to the parks. We have always used Disney transportation, but I am considering renting a car for our 2/12-17 trip. Partially due to covid concerns being on a bus with other people and I will have my 75 yo mom and brother with Down Syndrome with me. Are DT buses quicker to the parks than driving/parking and then getting to the gate? How crowded have the busses been? I'm thinking the car would be good to give us more dining options.

TIA

Can I get everyone's thoughts on buses. ME and to the parks. We have always used Disney transportation, but I am considering renting a car for our 2/12-17 trip. Partially due to covid concerns being on a bus with other people and I will have my 75 yo mom and brother with Down Syndrome with me. Are DT buses quicker to the parks than driving/parking and then getting to the gate? How crowded have the busses been? I'm thinking the car would be good to give us more dining options.

TIA

I love the Magical Express and I am really sad to see it's going away. The only negative is that it can take awhile to get to your resort. But it's a fairly comfortable bus and you have just entered the Disney bubble. So it never bothered me at all. As far as the buses I have never had a huge issue with them outside of leaving the parks. There have been times when I waited until closing where I had a very long wait. So in my opinion it's probably best to try and head out a bit earlier, especially in the case of having someone with special needs.

From what I have learned around here driving is ALWAYS faster, both to and from the parks. And a lot of people like having a car for easy access to different restaurants. But that is not very important to me as I only went to another resort one time and used an Uber.

From what I have learned around here driving is ALWAYS faster, both to and from the parks. And a lot of people like having a car for easy access to different restaurants. But that is not very important to me as I only went to another resort one time and used an Uber.

This. Except for Magic Kingdom because you don't have to go through the TTC when you ride the disney bus.

HOWEVER. Unless something has changed, the trams are NOT running in the parking lots and you will have to walk from wherever you park allllllllll the way in to the park.

I love the Magical Express and I am really sad to see it's going away. The only negative is that it can take awhile to get to your resort. But it's a fairly comfortable bus and you have just entered the Disney bubble. So it never bothered me at all. As far as the buses I have never had a huge issue with them outside of leaving the parks. There have been times when I waited until closing where I had a very long wait. So in my opinion it's probably best to try and head out a bit earlier, especially in the case of having someone with special needs.

Also remember there is now a daily parking fee at all resorts. You might want to just consider using Lyft/Uber.

I really appreciate the updates. I keep picturing the ugly giant blue walls like last time. My biggest worry is having the ambience of the park tarnished by eyesores.
If I see blue walls between thurs and fri ill post.

Also, anyone staying at GDT and rope drop is important to you , bus service might hit or miss in the am. Busses often arrive full at this stop and take few people if amy. Today DH and DD beat us to DHS in the car and they left the room 15 min after us and were in line for MMRR before we had Temps taken. Although I heard from other guests busses been good on other days. (That's how it was in Nov for us as well at GDT, hit or miss.)

Also, anyone staying at GDT and rope drop is important to you , bus service might hit or miss in the am. Busses often arrive full at this stop and take few people if amy. Today DH and DD beat us to DHS in the car and they left the room 15 min after us and were in line for MMRR before we had Temps taken. Although I heard from other guests busses been good on other days. (That's how it was in Nov for us as well at GDT, hit or miss.)

How many stops are before GDT?

This is why we've given on up bus service altogether and just UBER everywhere on property.

This will be our first stay at this resort. I got a great deal on the GDT. I am hoping someone could tell me how far the walk is to the pool from the tower. I am also concerned about the busses. We are going for Easter weekend and usually stay at one of the Epcot resorts for the ability to walk to 2 parks. Nothing avaliable there with my cast discount, so GDT it is! Thank you for any info you can give me. I am traveling with my husband, my son and his famil.

I've resort hopped at CSR and thought it a beautiful place, I walked around the entire lake and it wasn't that much of a walk. I've just seen that if I wanted a September trip it's actually cheaper to stay there than at Pop Century (WDTC UK site) with the offer that's on. I was planning December this year, but, September suddenly feels tempting.

This will be our first stay at this resort. I got a great deal on the GDT. I am hoping someone could tell me how far the walk is to the pool from the tower. I am also concerned about the busses. We are going for Easter weekend and usually stay at one of the Epcot resorts for the ability to walk to 2 parks. Nothing avaliable there with my cast discount, so GDT it is! Thank you for any info you can give me. I am traveling with my husband, my son and his famil.
The Dig Site is a short walk and I noticed yesterday Cabanas is close too.

How many stops are before GDT?
I think in normal times, 3?

Right now with G League I would guess just Cabanas. Ranchos still closed.

Hi KerryCM I have stayed at this resort several times before and the walk from the Tower to the Dig Site Pool is under a 1/4 mile approximately. We had always stayed at Cabanas 9C but that building is now gone and the Tower is in its place. We are going here on March 1st for a one week stay and I requested Cabanas 8C building standard room which has its own satellite pool and a bit closer to the big Dig Site Pool. The Tower is beautiful but I did not want to spend the extra money for the Tower. I'd rather spend it on my grandkids! We will be a group of 7 in two rooms. I know a request is only a request but keeping my fingers crossed.

My only concern staying this time around is the breakfast offerings. I don't know if we will be able to get the kids breakfast or we should stop at Walmart on the way to the resort (renting a car) and pick up some cereal and breakfast bars/fruit to eat in the mornings.

Have a great stay!!

MJ

I booked DH to check in on Sunday for a 4 night golf trip/school with the PGA pro. I just booked it a few days ago and when I called in about it the CM said they didn't even realize the G League would be there. (sigh) I had booked just a standard room but since they couldn't tell me anything about possible changes/closures I paid the extra $156 to move him to the tower. Fingers crossed this will be minimal impact.

I am surprising him and showing up on Monday for three nights, I'm just hanging out so will be happy to wander and post pics too.

Definitely check it out! For the price compared to other places it just worked out better plus Disney provides transportation back and forth to the courses if you have school/tee times. He usually plays multiple times when we go but this will be the first time for the school...I'll report in and let you know how that goes. They have all kinds of options...he's doing half day ($300) and just playing the rest of the time but I think the full is a couple hundred more and includes playing with the pro 9 holes. He's a super nice guys, info below. Also https://www.golfwdw.com/instruction

Michael Schlager - mschlager@palmergolf.com

They used to hold your clubs and move them to whatever course you play next but that's suspended for Covid. They did at one point actually have golf packages w resort but I haven't looked into that lately so not sure what's happening w that.

I figured that mixed with CSR would give him more of an adult vibe, not Mickey in your face kinda trip. :)

O my enchantedpixiedust I would love to know more about this golf trip/school with a PGA pro for my husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter