Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had trouble booking the resort side for the summer? I'm going the end of August and the only thing that is ever available is a suite for 2900 a night🙄 I love the Poly, but not that much. Could they be booked end of August? So confusing.

Going the week before you and have watched availablity decline at Poly, YC and elsewhere. Poly was pool/marina and suites only for months now. I’m guessing they are filling up. A lot of people rolled vacations over from last year. I’ve had my reservation since last July (but still check), and then many price levels were already unavailable.

Having AKL, Boardwalk and both PO closed probably has some effect and as well as overbooking some of the Values while planning to upgrade guests as needed.

Eek! I’ve been planning a early September trip with another couple and have been waiting for ap room discounts before I book. All of your comments about availability makes me think I should book now and cross my fingers for a discount.

Has anyone had trouble booking the resort side for the summer? I'm going the end of August and the only thing that is ever available is a suite for 2900 a night🙄 I love the Poly, but not that much. Could they be booked end of August? So confusing.
It is my understanding that the first 3 building are ready and on scheddule for the July 19th Phase 1 opening for @Dug720.

Notice the suites are open but the Hawaiian CL building is not ready just yet for scheduling.

Dave

Eek! I’ve been planning a early September trip with another couple and have been waiting for ap room discounts before I book. All of your comments about availability makes me think I should book now and cross my fingers for a discount.

Always the best option. Especially now with more people feeling ready to travel.

Ugh, I AM booked for 8/22-8/28, but as a PP said, this is making me a little nervous about crowds.

I'm a bit nervous for crowds as well. I went the week leading up to Easter. I did notice room categories and resorts for opening up in the weeks leading up to it. People reported that lines weren't bad that week. I think we were in alternate universes lol. Even the carousel had a line. Some lines were 90 minutes. Some 60. I really missed fastpasses. Was hoping August would be better but this limited available is scaring me.

I'm a bit nervous for crowds as well. I went the week leading up to Easter. I did notice room categories and resorts for opening up in the weeks leading up to it. People reported that lines weren't bad that week. I think we were in alternate universes lol. Even the carousel had a line. Some lines were 90 minutes. Some 60. I really missed fastpasses. Was hoping August would be better but this limited available is scaring me.

No kidding. I pushed my vacation out until April 2022. I expect crazy crowds during that time but the limited capacity of rides/shows/fireworks/dining that's going on right now makes it tough to get my head around it.

August 22-27th. I check every day🤷‍♀️
I'm booked for then (22-29th). Its the last full week before school in Jersey and there's often no camp options so it's a popular trip week. Last time we ran into multiple families from our son's school.

I'm booked for then (22-29th). Its the last full week before school in Jersey and there's often no camp options so it's a popular trip week. Last time we ran into multiple families from our son's school.
I'm coming from NYC and our travel is always based on the school schedule since I work for them😆. I usually book by January so that's probably why I never noticed the difficulty booking before. I've actually had my flights booked forever, not sure why I didn't book a room yet.

I'm coming from NYC and our travel is always based on the school schedule since I work for them😆. I usually book by January so that's probably why I never noticed the difficulty booking before. I've actually had my flights booked forever, not sure why I didn't book a room yet.

Fingers crossed something opens up for you. I always book the resort first - that's much more easily cancelled than a flight.

Fingers crossed something opens up for you. I always book the resort first - that's much more easily cancelled than a flight.
Thanks! That is true about the flights but my husband's vacation days are set in November and are not really flexible so we always know way in advance when we are traveling. I used points for these flights and jetblue has a flexible cancelation policy early on. It just never occurred to me to book a room lol.

This summer is going to be overwhelming crowd wise IMO. People wanting to travel again. I already booked my resort and tickets because of this. Once you hit June, I think crowds will be constant. Basically, another Disney trip with crowds like the past lol ( only with those, I had FASTPASS! :[ )

Poly is coming along nicely. Hopefully they finish early.

Something should open up for you over the next 2 months I would assume ^^^^^^^

Will we all be paying rack rates for trips this fall??? I don’t remember ever having to pay full price have always been able to get a discount....but it does t look like Disney is going to need to offer discounts.

Do you know which buildings?

Based on what I saw in February, Aotearoa, Fiji, and Tuvalu. The ones not on the same side as the DVC longhouses. They looked to be starting in the others when I was there, so I would be surprised if they - or at least some of them are not ready July 19 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter