Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what I saw in February, Aotearoa, Fiji, and Tuvalu. The ones not on the same side as the DVC longhouses. They looked to be starting in the others when I was there, so I would be surprised if they - or at least some of them are not ready July 19 also.
That's great, thank you! I requested Fiji so hopefully that will work out.

Will we all be paying rack rates for trips this fall??? I don’t remember ever having to pay full price have always been able to get a discount....but it does t look like Disney is going to need to offer discounts.

Probably not going to have to. Even for the summer, right now only the TPV and Lagoon View are available with the "Two free ticket days" package. It was never (or only for a very short time) available with Standard View and as of last night it's not available for Pool/Marina. I'm going to pay off my trip tomorrow, so I need to decide if I want to stay put with Standard or go with Pool/Marina or Lagoon. (I've decided TPV is not worth it with that stupid island in the way.)

Probably not going to have to. Even for the summer, right now only the TPV and Lagoon View are available with the "Two free ticket days" package. It was never (or only for a very short time) available with Standard View and as of last night it's not available for Pool/Marina. I'm going to pay off my trip tomorrow, so I need to decide if I want to stay put with Standard or go with Pool/Marina or Lagoon. (I've decided TPV is not worth it with that stupid island in the way.)
I debated the same but changed to marina/pool view. I'd be ok with standard too though. There are so many nice views. I agree about TPV. I'd only like theme park once the fireworks are back, but watching on the beach is nice too! I miss HEA :(

I debated the same but changed to marina/pool view. I'd be ok with standard too though. There are so many nice views. I agree about TPV. I'd only like theme park once the fireworks are back, but watching on the beach is nice too! I miss HEA :(

I miss Wishes. I'm more of a purist with fireworks - I want to be able to watch the fireworks and not be distracted by projections. I usually go and ride Dumbo when the show it going on - I get the music and the fireworks without the distractions. LOL.

It would have been an easier change to Pool/Marina if that was still available with the 2-days free package - though even without it, it's only $400ish more than the Standard (also without it). The biggest thing that makes me nervous about Lagoon is there are not that many third floor (exactly THREE if the TP maps are correct) - I definitely have that as my primary request - and I want a balcony. I'm too nervous about the Lagoon View first floor as most of those are Tuvalu and right at the foliage going towards the lagoon. WAY too much opportunity for crawly things. LOL.

I miss Wishes. I'm more of a purist with fireworks - I want to be able to watch the fireworks and not be distracted by projections. I usually go and ride Dumbo when the show it going on - I get the music and the fireworks without the distractions. LOL.

It would have been an easier change to Pool/Marina if that was still available with the 2-days free package - though even without it, it's only $400ish more than the Standard (also without it). The biggest thing that makes me nervous about Lagoon is there are not that many third floor (exactly THREE if the TP maps are correct) - I definitely have that as my primary request - and I want a balcony. I'm too nervous about the Lagoon View first floor as most of those are Tuvalu and right at the foliage going towards the lagoon. WAY too much opportunity for crawly things. LOL.
Oh my goodness. I didn't even think about the crawly things on the first floor. :crazy2:. I'm definitely calling and putting in a request for upper floor. I know it's not guaranteed but worth a shot.

Last edited:

I agree about third floor. It’s our main request too. No crawlies!

Oh my goodness. I didn't even think about the crawly things on the first floor. :crazy2:. I'm definitely calling and putting in a request for upper floor. I know it's not guaranteed but worth a shot.
I agree about third floor. It’s our main request too. No crawlies!

I mean, I know that many of the crawlies can climb... But I tend to choose to believe that they will be more likely on the ground floor.

Will we all be paying rack rates for trips this fall??? I don’t remember ever having to pay full price have always been able to get a discount....but it does t look like Disney is going to need to offer discounts.

Lol, I am fully expecting this room renovation will make Poly bonkers popular for years to come. It was already crazy popular, and to me the new rooms will probably have such broad/mass appeal there will be a period where this is “the” go to resort. I’m mentally preparing for paying rack rate. 😬

Lol, I am fully expecting this room renovation will make Poly bonkers popular for years to come. It was already crazy popular, and to me the new rooms will probably have such broad/mass appeal there will be a period where this is “the” go to resort. I’m mentally preparing for paying rack rate. 😬

I seriously think I'm going to have my TA change me to the Poly for July 2022 tomorrow when I pay off July 2021. I'm currently at Yacht Club for next birthday, but I feel like it will be easier to change back to that if I am somehow not wowed by the Poly (seriously doubt it) than it will be to change to the Poly once it opens and room tours start hitting youtube.

Just wondering if anything has changed with them holding perishable food.

We will be there in just a couple of days. Yea!! We are getting a small Prime now delivery with some cold items. Just wondering if delivery items are being held at pago pago? and if so, are they able to hold cold items for us?

I know bell services is usually able to handle refrigerated item but didn't know with things being displaced if there were any issues we should be aware of.

I think that's a realistic possibility. I don't like rack rate. I would be happy with 10%. Even if they raised it 10% and then gave me 10% off it would be ok. Mentally, I need to feel like I saved something or got a deal lol. It's so stupid but that's where my head is at these days.
I seriously think I'm going to have my TA change me to the Poly for July 2022 tomorrow when I pay off July 2021. I'm currently at Yacht Club for next birthday, but I feel like it will be easier to change back to that if I am somehow not wowed by the Poly (seriously doubt it) than it will be to change to the Poly once it opens and room tours start hitting youtube.
That's a good call. You could definitely switch back.

On the creepy crawler debate, they don't climb and they stay on the 1st floor.

Oh and on not booking a room yet. The other day my husband was like, what do you mean you didn't book a room yet😳😳 I told him no worries, I got it. If he only knew my panic. No one will ever know because I'm known for changing my room around.

Just wondering if anything has changed with them holding perishable food.

We will be there in just a couple of days. Yea!! We are getting a small Prime now delivery with some cold items. Just wondering if delivery items are being held at pago pago? and if so, are they able to hold cold items for us?

I know bell services is usually able to handle refrigerated item but didn't know with things being displaced if there were any issues we should be aware of.

They can handle refrigerated/frozen items same as before, no issues at all.

They store it in the Tangora Terrace building, which is right by Pago Pago.

Enjoy your trip!

I think that's a realistic possibility. I don't like rack rate. I would be happy with 10%. Even if they raised it 10% and then gave me 10% off it would be ok. Mentally, I need to feel like I saved something or got a deal lol. It's so stupid but that's where my head is at these days.

That's a good call. You could definitely switch back.

On the creepy crawler debate, they don't climb and they stay on the 1st floor.

I have friends who live in Florida - and my sister used to be a WDW CM. The gators may not climb, but snakes and lizards most certainly can.

I have friends who live in Florida - and my sister used to be a WDW CM. The gators may not climb, but snakes and lizards most certainly can.
I'm standing by my answer. Creepy crawlers don't climb😳😉 I'll even add that there are only tiny, friendly garden snakes in Orlando. I'm ok with the cute little lizards. In fact, my kids always have to visit what they call the "lizard tree". It's a big, wide tree over past the luau. I believe it is in a smoking section and there are benches around the tree. There are always a ton of lizards on the tree and my kids are always fascinated. At 13 and 16 they still talk about the lizard tree.

Our first stay at a Disney Resort is just about a week away now! I rented points & put in my room request with the member through the dvc rental site. For those that use the app to check-in, when do you normally do it? Should i do it in the morning before our flight? When do I find out what my room assignment is? If I notice they didnt grant my request, can I go to Pago Pago & discuss with check-in desk if I rented points?

Our first stay at a Disney Resort is just about a week away now! I rented points & put in my room request with the member through the dvc rental site. For those that use the app to check-in, when do you normally do it? Should i do it in the morning before our flight? When do I find out what my room assignment is? If I notice they didnt grant my request, can I go to Pago Pago & discuss with check-in desk if I rented points?
I always just do it when I book or soon after. I generally get my room ready text around the time I say I expect to arrive in the check in. Prior to Covid it was different, This year they have been trying to text close to the time you say you expect to arrive.

I have gotten “room not quite ready text” with a “we will follow up in 45 mins text. Other times it has been ready.

Riding the ME I tend to get texted while on the bus. If we ride share we get it as we walk in the lobby. If you arrive and don’t get one just check in , the desks are pretty empty.

For context that’s 5 trips but 8 resorts we did some splits. The splits I have had to go to desk everytime. Mainly it is hard to know when you will arrive. I’d say noon but get there earlier , they would check us in and we would head to park and get text by 1p .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter