Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first stay at a Disney Resort is just about a week away now! I rented points & put in my room request with the member through the dvc rental site. For those that use the app to check-in, when do you normally do it? Should i do it in the morning before our flight? When do I find out what my room assignment is? If I notice they didnt grant my request, can I go to Pago Pago & discuss with check-in desk if I rented points?

I do my online check-in as soon as I can. If you wait until the morning of, they will not know when to expect you.

As far as “noticing a request is not granted” - requests are ONLY that. If the room you requested is assigned to someone else already, they cannot move them to accommodate you. If all in that area are assigned and occupied, they cannot build a new room. They try their best, but they simply cannot accommodate everyone’s request 100%. Having NOT gotten my request more than once, I can say that it has never ruined my vacation. I am there to have fun and know that not all requests can be granted. I take my room and move on with my fun.

If I notice they didnt grant my request, can I go to Pago Pago & discuss with check-in desk if I rented points?

I assume you made your request through the DVC owner. Please be careful of asking for changes once at the resort. Anything that would result in more points would create an issue for them.

Our first stay at a Disney Resort is just about a week away now! I rented points & put in my room request with the member through the dvc rental site. For those that use the app to check-in, when do you normally do it? Should i do it in the morning before our flight? When do I find out what my room assignment is? If I notice they didnt grant my request, can I go to Pago Pago & discuss with check-in desk if I rented points?

Go ahead and checkin now. Don't put in anything in the "room requests" section as that will override the requests the owner put in.

You will not find out about your actual room until your checkin day. You should receive a text when your room is ready. The text will include your room number. The room number will also appear in DME once the room is ready. Room assignments are made about 5 days prior to arrival.

If you notice that the room you've been given did not meet your requests, you can go to the front desk and ask if there's anyway they can accommodate you. It's possible they can, but don't expect it. The one time I asked, they were able to work it out for me.

Steve

I always just do it when I book or soon after. I generally get my room ready text around the time I say I expect to arrive in the check in. Prior to Covid it was different, This year they have been trying to text close to the time you say you expect to arrive.

I have gotten “room not quiet ready text” with a “we will follow up in 45 mins text. Other times it has been ready.

Riding the ME I tend to get texted while on the bus. If we ride share we get it as we walk in the lobby. If you arrive and don’t get one just check in , the desks are pretty empty.

For context that’s 5 trips but 8 resorts we did some splits. The splits I have had to go to desk everytime. Mainly it is hard to know when you will arrive. I’d say noon but get there earlier , they would check us in and we would head to park and get text by 1p .
Thank you!!

I assume you made your request through the DVC owner. Please be careful of asking for changes once at the resort. Anything that would result in more points would create an issue for them.
I learned that recently from reading on here! But i have a lake view room so Im not worried, the only room i could be upgraded to would be a bungalow & I dont see that happening 😂😂

Go ahead and checkin now. Don't put in anything in the "room requests" section as that will override the requests the owner put in.

You will not find out about your actual room until your checkin day. You should receive a text when your room is ready. The text will include your room number. The room number will also appear in DME once the room is ready. Room assignments are made about 5 days prior to arrival.

If you notice that the room you've been given did not meet your requests, you can go to the front desk and ask if there's anyway they can accommodate you. It's possible they can, but don't expect it. The one time I asked, they were able to work it out for me.

Steve
Awesome, this is what I was wondering!

This brought up another question for me, a hypothetical about renting points. Does it affect the owner if Disney initiates the upgrade? Lets say a miracle happens and they double booked me or something serious is wrong in the room, and they upgrade a renter without the renter requesting it, does that impact the owner?

This brought up another question for me, a hypothetical about renting points. Does it affect the owner if Disney initiates the upgrade? Lets say a miracle happens and they double booked me or something serious is wrong in the room, and they upgrade a renter without the renter requesting it, does that impact the owner?

If it's a Disney initiated upgrade, it shouldn't affect the owner, but there have been cases where that has happened. The resorts and DVC are two separate entities and sometimes they don't communicate very well with each other.

Steve

This is my first time booking a dvc room and first stay at the Poly. We check in Sunday. I requested Tokelau. I’m assuming check in is the same as when I book regular rooms as far as getting alerts when your room is ready and whatnot. I’ll try to pop on here Sunday to give an update with preference request and time our room was ready etc.

This is my first time booking a dvc room and first stay at the Poly. We check in Sunday. I requested Tokelau. I’m assuming check in is the same as when I book regular rooms as far as getting alerts when your room is ready and whatnot. I’ll try to pop on here Sunday to give an update with preference request and time our room was ready etc.
That would be great!

Will we all be paying rack rates for trips this fall??? I don’t remember ever having to pay full price have always been able to get a discount....but it does t look like Disney is going to need to offer discounts.

That's been my fear as well. I budgeted for rack rate with hopes of a discount for August. But with no room inventory, why wouild they bother offering a discount, demand has increased significantly since the last promotions dropped on Jan. 5. I really thought that the anniversary not kicking off until Oct. 1 would lower demand for late Summer, but I think people just want to travel.

I think Disney thinks/knows they crushed it with this room renovation. They’ve really been all in on info/social media with the rooms.

Meanwhile WL opens in like 6 weeks with new rooms, and not a peep.

Probably shows what the really money maker is for Disney.
Yes! I just saw this on Facebook too and had the same thought. Looking like rack rate it is lol. I really do love the renovations.

I think Disney thinks/knows they crushed it with this room renovation. They’ve really been all in on info/social media with the rooms.

Meanwhile WL opens in like 6 weeks with new rooms, and not a peep.

Probably shows what the really money maker is for Disney.

Honestly even if I liked the overall Wilderness Lodge theme (not into the craftsman thing myself - plus if I want to experience the Pacific Northwest, I'll go TO the Pacific Northwest - not to a hotel in Florida), that reno IMHO is not even on the same league. It looks cheesy (seriously with the "Camp" and "Cabins" signs??) and not what I'd expect in a Deluxe Resort.

(And yes, I'm sure there are people who say the same about the Poly. But to me, it's much classier and more calming.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter