Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The San Francisco brand of coffee at Costco sells 100% Kona but the bag is over $60. It is some of the best Kona beans I have had and I usually buy mine from our trips to Hawaii.
I'll look for it thanks. Yes, usually I stock up when I'm in Kona too, but it's been awhile.

Thanks I found it! I saw it after I clicked on the "resorts community thread". I agree it is not very user friendly.
I believe "if it ain't broke don't fix it" so I don't understand why they changed it. :confused3

I like having all the "official" resort threads in a single spot. Keeps them from slipping off the first page of the main Resorts board. Much easier to find the threads I follow.

Martin

Last edited:
Checked in yesterday. Got a second floor room in Samoa overlooking the Lava Pool

So far it has been great. Dole Whips, pool, Captain Cooks and Trader Sam's (got the Nautilus) Terrace. Watched Wishes from the pool and beach

Do you know if they are booking the rooms in Samoa overlooking the quiet pool construction?

There used to be an area where you could make a lei in the main building I think it was by the check in desk. Taking DGD this trip and I think she would like that. Are they still doing this?

There used to be an area where you could make a lei in the main building I think it was by the check in desk. Taking DGD this trip and I think she would like that. Are they still doing this?
There are people there making leis for sale but I never saw folks making their own

Checking in for our first stay at the Poly in 26 days:thumbsup2.

Wondered if anyone can update the following:

1) Monorail schedule - still running on a shortened schedule on Mon/Tues AM?

2) Lifeguards and/or CM's checking bands at the pool gate?

3) Faxing room request via Touring Plans - I have read that the Poly does not accept fax requests but people still seem to do it? Worth a shot? I guess the worst they could do is not read it and just go by what I requested via MDE and what I added to my reservation by calling (Rarotonga or Aotearoa, top floor, monorail view)

3) Faxing room request via Touring Plans - I have read that the Poly does not accept fax requests but people still seem to do it? Worth a shot? I guess the worst they could do is not read it and just go by what I requested via MDE and what I added to my reservation by calling (Rarotonga or Aotearoa, top floor, monorail view)
2 - they were not last week
3 - all I know is we got one of the exact rooms from the list of sample rooms on the fax request TP sent for us. Maybe a coincidence but I don't think so. Maybe they won't take them from individuals but will from a TA? I think TP is also an agency

24 days here! I'm so excited!! Also interested in your questions. I'm going to give the fax from TP a shot. Nothing to lose I guess right?

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Do you know if they are booking the rooms in Samoa overlooking the quiet pool construction?
i would think so but haven't checked
We requested looking east using the Touring Plans fax

We had requested the 3rd floor but got the second. Like it better

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

i would think so but haven't checked
We requested looking east using the Touring Plans fax

We had requested the 3rd floor but got the second. Like it better

Do you mean you like the third floor better or the second floor? If you like the second floor better, I'm curious why.

A friend of mine from a Disney in August group on Facebook checked into the Polynesian today and was given a room on the third floor of Samoa, overlooking the former east pool, and you can see right into the construction area. She posted a picture from her balcony. Just looks like a huge area of dug-up ground right now.

A friend of mine from a Disney in August group on Facebook checked into the Polynesian today and was given a room on the third floor of Samoa, overlooking the former east pool, and you can see right into the construction area. She posted a picture from her balcony. Just looks like a huge area of dug-up ground right now.
Oh man! Thanks for the reply.We are checking in on Labor Day and I had requested Samoa as one of my buildings from my TA months ago when I made the reservation but now I am scared. It's already checked as one of the boxes on online check in and I cannot change it there. I wonder if I can do the touring plans fax thing to request another building or at least a west facing room. Or do you think it's better if my TA just calls and adjusts the request?

We leave tomorrow for our 15 hour drive to Orlando and will be checking in to the Poly around 7AM on Saturday. I'm hoping we get our requests met (King Bed, Fiji, 3rd Floor), but will just be happy if we're away from construction.

No one checking bands at pool gate. But the mechanism is not working well so sometimes they come to help

Do you mean you like the third floor better or the second floor? If you like the second floor better, I'm curious why.
One flight of stairs to Captain Cooks the pool etc vs two. I suppose the full balcony would counter that plus more

We are psyched

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter