Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The self service drink stations are open at Pop!!!!

They have a CM standing there limiting the number of people who can access the stations at a given time, but I filled my very own coffee cup this morning!

Progress!!!
WOW!

That came out of the blue!

The Dominos are falling!

Masks no longer required for pictures and now open Beverage Islands.

Maybe open Arcades with limited capacity is next-just throwing that out there.

Do you think Everything POP (the restaurant) is going to extend its hours anytime soon? I understand why the hours are 7am-10pm when WDW opened up but now the the park hours have been extended for morning and night it would be nice to have the restaurant open for longer hours.
With a "normal" atmosphere at WDW inching back,I would not be surprised to see hours extended by Summer.

Excited to finally have pulled the trigger and booked our rescheduled 2020 trip. We will be at POP in August. We had been there several times before the remodel, the last few trips were were at Sports, which we LOVE. But since that is not an option this time we decided to enjoy POP and the new (to us) rooms and the skyliner. Even tho I feel we are veterans, this trip feels completely new to plan. It also seems strange only doing it in 3 months when I usually have it figured out a year in advance ;) I am hoping to get a room in the 70s section, lake view (have a request set up in TP). 116 days! So happy to have a countdown again!
Love POP sooooooooooo much more than Sports. We booked a last minute trip feb 2020 (right before pandemic) and ended up with Sports...sorry wasn't our cup of tea. IMO Pop waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

I forget who mentioned this on this thread but thanks for the advice to stow luggage at AoA if needed, if Pop line is long. Recently, upon arrival during the morning hours, our room was not ready (we usually have great luck with room being ready pre and post covid). The line to stow luggage was crazy long and wasn’t moving. I remembered a tip here and quickly told hubby for us to try storing at AoA. We walked over there (just had carry-ons and bags) and that line only had two people ahead of us!!! There seemed to be more CMs there at luggage assistance and they were fast! So thank you for the tip!! Speaking of tip, we tipped them nicely. :D

Love POP sooooooooooo much more than Sports. We booked a last minute trip feb 2020 (right before pandemic) and ended up with Sports...sorry wasn't our cup of tea. IMO Pop waaaaaaaaaaaay better.
We love BOTH POP and the All-Stars(Sports was my first Resort and you never completely get over your First Love :) lol),but definitely agree that POP is "nicer"-it has a Lake and a Skyliner and an amazing Soundtrack and the amazing Shadow Boxes,etc.

But there is the price difference which has to be considered especially on a long trip.

And the All-Stars do have a few advantages over POP such as direct buses to Blizzard Beach and their "own" McDonalds and 24/7 access to the Beverage Islands(non-Covid times).

But,still,take away the price difference and it is no contest.:)

I forget who mentioned this on this thread but thanks for the advice to stow luggage at AoA if needed, if Pop line is long. Recently, upon arrival during the morning hours, our room was not ready (we usually have great luck with room being ready pre and post covid). The line to stow luggage was crazy long and wasn’t moving. I remembered a tip here and quickly told hubby for us to try storing at AoA. We walked over there (just had carry-ons and bags) and that line only had two people ahead of us!!! There seemed to be more CMs there at luggage assistance and they were fast! So thank you for the tip!! Speaking of tip, we tipped them nicely. :D
Glad it worked out for you!

I know when we did it,it felt SO good to be able to get rid of the bags and get the fun started!

When we saw the line at POP we said that is SO not GROOVY and then screamed FAR OUT when there was no line at AoA. :)

(I know they appreciated the nice tip from you POP PEOPLE!)

Is bell service busy all the time or just in the morning? We arrive after 2pm and hope it is not too bad in the afternoon (we requested connecting rooms so it might take longer to get our rooms).

Does Bell Services still deliver your luggage to your room after it's ready? Along with any grocery deliveries, like Garden Grocer? Or will I have to wait in the bell services line again?

I check in tomorrow! I've been trying to do self check in since yesterday and I've filled in everything in the page several times but I keep getting a "Sorry, there are one or more errors on this page" message.

I called for help yesterday and they told me that I needed to call at 7AM and hold for 2 hours. At that point maybe it would just be easier to check in person?

Has anyone encountered this self check-in error? Is there a way to fix it?

I check in tomorrow! I've been trying to do self check in since yesterday and I've filled in everything in the page several times but I keep getting a "Sorry, there are one or more errors on this page" message.

I called for help yesterday and they told me that I needed to call at 7AM and hold for 2 hours. At that point maybe it would just be easier to check in person?

I was not able to do online check-in using Chrome on the computer. I was able to do it through the MDE app. So my advice is to try a different browser, or try the app.

Same issue. I was getting a credit card issue. I assumed it had to do with them modifying my Pop reservation to one less day, and they had messed it up. I was able to check in via the app.

Hello all. I’m looking to book POP for the week after Thanksgiving this year. There is no option in the booking platform to select a preferred or pool view room, just the standard. Why is that? Do you think all those rooms are already booked up or am I doing something wrong? I’ve never booked on property before, so your insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Hello all. I’m looking to book POP for the week after Thanksgiving this year. There is no option in the booking platform to select a preferred or pool view room, just the standard. Why is that? Do you think all those rooms are already booked up or am I doing something wrong? I’ve never booked on property before, so your insight is appreciated. Thanks!
It sounds like those rooms are already filled. Pop fills up quickly.

If you really want Pop, I would book the standard room, and check back to see if a different room type becomes available later. I have always booked standard and had great vacations, but it is easy to check online and upgrade if a preferred or pool view becomes available.

We love BOTH POP and the All-Stars(Sports was my first Resort and you never completely get over your First Love :) lol),but definitely agree that POP is "nicer"-it has a Lake and a Skyliner and an amazing Soundtrack and the amazing Shadow Boxes,etc.

But there is the price difference which has to be considered especially on a long trip.

And the All-Stars do have a few advantages over POP such as direct buses to Blizzard Beach and their "own" McDonalds and 24/7 access to the Beverage Islands(non-Covid times).

But,still,take away the price difference and it is no contest.:)

I love the smaller feel of Sports and we seemed so much closer to the parks. When Sports is refurbished, I don't think anyone will drag me away ;)

Since the inside mug refill stationed open back up does anyone know if the mug refill station by Petals is open yet or is it still closed?

Does anyone know: if you've received the text that your room is ready, can you drive through the gate & scan your band, or do you have to go through the guards gate first, even though your room is ready?

Does anyone know: if you've received the text that your room is ready, can you drive through the gate & scan your band, or do you have to go through the guards gate first, even though your room is ready?
You still have to check in with the guard at the gate. I was at Pop in August and received the room ready text while I was driving down. I tried to go through the returning guests gate thinking it would be faster but it wouldn’t open. The guard said that gate isn’t active until you open your room door.

You can't take a bus to/from Blizzard Beach from POP? Do most people uber then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter