Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have definitely chimed in on driving to the other parks except MK. I have always been a fan of the bus!! However, DD did the college program in the spring and got very used to driving everywhere. So, fast forward to July - - - We stayed at Pop and drove to HS, AK, and EP. I loved it! Never thought I would say that!!
I'm not sure where the tram drop off is for HS these days but I know the bus is further away than it used to be. Driving the HS might be a good option and as @mickeysmith said, possibly to AK and Epcot too. I now the parking trams at AK drop off slightly closer to the park than the buses do but not a huge difference as AK is the one spot where the Pop stop is not the furthest away.

After trying both multiple times I've never found it faster to drive.
In what way is it faster? Lol, hope that doesn’t sound too dumb. This will be our first time staying on property. We were originally going to fly, but now we are driving so we will have the flexibility to use either the buses or our vehicle. I had planned to mainly use the buses since my memory is it’s a really far walk from the parking lots to get to any entrance - but that was years ago and my memory could be deceiving me or the processes may have changed since then.

Can you still get a fan from Mousekeeping? If so, what type do they have? I’m having hot flashes and would so appreciate one and we’re flying so can’t really haul one without major inconvenience. Thanks!

I also read on here that it might be quicker to drive to the parks except for MK. Anyone have an opinion on that?

We've had a rental car for our most recent visits to Pop, and with the car we'll drive to Epcot, Studios, and Animal Kingdom. It's a combination of (at least the perception of) a quicker ride, but more importantly, the flexibility it provides. We like to leave those parks for an afternoon break that typically includes a drive out to Publix before returning to Pop.

Even something as simple as driving from Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge (which we like to do for dinner) seems easier and quicker with a car vs. waiting for the AKL bus.

We also have a water parks annual pass, so driving to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach from Pop is a lot more convenient for those visits.

We will take the bus to Magic Kingdom because of the bus stop location.

So in my opinion, if you have a car anyway (your own or a rental) I'd use to drive to the various parks except MK.

Can anyone speak to how the hair dryers are? Are they typical hotel hair dryers? I need something with a bit of power behind it, so I'm trying to decide if I should just bring my own or not.

Can anyone speak to how the hair dryers are? Are they typical hotel hair dryers? I need something with a bit of power behind it, so I'm trying to decide if I should just bring my own or not.

I would call them typical hotel hairdryers. If I remember correctly, they had two speeds. They dried my hair adequately, but I don’t have very thick hair or very long hair. So you might want to bring your own if you can.

I like them a lot to the point of I looked to buy that brand after I left Pop. that being said, my hair is not difficult to dry.

I have long, very (VERY) thick hair, and for me, they're adequate but not great. It took 10-15 minutes to totally dry my hair and I had some frizz after using it, but it did the trick in a pinch. I'll be bringing my own on our next trip though.

We're here!!!! We checked out of Hard Rock Hotel at 7:20am and headed to POP with the intention of parking and heading to the bus for MK since we didn't think we would have a early check-in even though we requested a 8:00am check-in. We got a text on our way at 7:33am saying our room was ready :yay::yay: We arrived and headed straight to our room which is in the 60's building, room 5306. This room has a bath/shower combo for anyone who wants to know. We love this room. For being such a small space, they utilize every nook for storage. We dropped our stuff off and headed straight to the bus for MK. We were lucky and the bus was there and arrived at MK about 8:50am. So far loving POP. We have a pool view with a partial obstruction.

Heading to Epot tomorrow and still debating on driving. Might be making a store run after, so the car might be a good option.

Oh... on a side note. My DH had gotten his magic band ahead of time, but mine never showed up. His did not lock the door but we found the MDE app on his phone opened the door. When he called the # for the hotel, they sent someone right over who encoded DH's band but also brought one for me. Super nice guy and was done really quick.

Oh... on a side note. My DH had gotten his magic band ahead of time, but mine never showed up. His did not lock the door but we found the MDE app on his phone opened the door. When he called the # for the hotel, they sent someone right over who encoded DH's band but also brought one for me. Super nice guy and was done really quick.
Sorry a bit OT. In the beginning the spare bands at the resorts were just grey. Is that still the case or was your replacement band a colour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter