Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had missed a 7am MK bus at Swan Fri am by 2 min, and waited until 7:52am for the same bus driver that circled back! I was surprised that there was such an early MK bus. Several guests saw the 7am bus while they were out at the stop. There were 4 AK buses in that span, and I had asked the 3rd AK driver to check on the MK bus. Funny how different resorts can have such different transportation schedules.

we were at EP sat, and walking thru IG past skyliner, the lines were insanely long, well over a football field at 940pm. Made me feel fortunate we were walking back to our hotel.

we left a little early and Pop had a lot of folks waiting, but buses were coming in fast. We were again fortunate in being the 6th and final group allowed 2nd bus at 5:49, after waiting only 10min.
We left DAK about 6:15 Friday and could see there were at least 7-8 "Covid bus loads" waiting for POP,so instead of walking all the way down to 9 (we were so tired)we hopped on a CBR bus at 1 and took the Skyliner back to POP!

It may or may not have taken longer but we were off our feet!lol

Last edited:
Every time I have gone to pop during holiday time they crank out the busses. I always have the shortest bus wait when they are the busiest. Pop seems very busy and I believe the 98%. We definitely have people on all sides of us but I don’t mind. The chaos in the main building outside the gift shop and waiting for mobile orders was really bad though. It was jam packed with people. We just passed through going to our room. It had stopped raining but the lifeguards were in and around the main building waiting for the 30 min all clear I think. Pool hours are now 10-10. Initially I thought it was just the bowling pool but it’s all of them I think

The most common sign at

We left DAK about 6:15 Friday and could see there were at least 7-8 "Covid bus loads" waiting for POP,so instead of walking all the way down to 9 (we were so tired)we hopped on a CBR bus at 1 and took the Skyliner back to POP!

It may or may not have taken longer but we were off our feet!lol
It seemed like Pop was the only stop with an overflowing bus queue. But we saw the 3rd bus as we were driving by 10min after initially waiting. The one time we didn’t go to HS or EP from Swan we were ready to take Boardwalk or Yact Club bus as well. We walked up to MK bus station to see a Swan bus leave so we took the Boardwalk bus waiting there and had a nice evening walk at the Boardwalk to our hotel.

we’re waiting here at 7 for first MK bus. We’re the 6th group, so may not get on. A lot of single line savers this am. CM came out to warn us “you know there won’t be a MK bus until 7:30 right?”

Lots of AK buses. 4 so far from 7-7:13

So we barely made it on first bus to MK at 7:28, but the driver said it’s going to be a slower ride to MK because we’re not allowed to drop you off until 8am. Weird that he wouldn’t come until later if that was going to be the case.
I'm guessing they’re trying to alleviate the lines at Pop so picking up guests but then driving slower to MK until they are allowed to drop off.

Every time I have gone to pop during holiday time they crank out the busses. I always have the shortest bus wait when they are the busiest. Pop seems very busy and I believe the 98%. We definitely have people on all sides of us but I don’t mind. The chaos in the main building outside the gift shop and waiting for mobile orders was really bad though. It was jam packed with people. We just passed through going to our room. It had stopped raining but the lifeguards were in and around the main building waiting for the 30 min all clear I think. Pool hours are now 10-10. Initially I thought it was just the bowling pool but it’s all of them I think
The "Mobile Order Pickup Line" is one thing that is concerning-it seems Social Distancing is hard to achieve by the Guests-not necessarily the Guests' fault-just a tough situation.

They may just need to assign one CM to do NOTHING but keep Classic Hall Social Distanced(the Check-in line can be really too close as well.).

Extend the lines out of Classic hall and as far as necessaey.

The "Mobile Order Pickup Line" is one thing that is concerning-it seems Social Distancing is hard to achieve by the Guests-not necessarily the Guests' fault-just a tough situation.

They may just need to assign one CM to do NOTHING but keep Classic Hall Social Distanced(the Check-in line can be really too close as well.).

Extend the lines out of Classic hall and as far as necessaey.

Yes. I agree with you! All the typical chaos of the pop food court is now kept I. A really small location and you have to add people waiting to get onto the stores too. We actually took a Lyft to swan and are hanging out in their lobby waiting for our mini golf tee time. We ordered the Lyft at 8:50 to beat the studios rush. Worth every penny. We hope to walk to Epcot and get skyliner back after eating lunch at swan pool quick service place which looks much better than the pop menu.

Yes. I agree with you! All the typical chaos of the pop food court is now kept I. A really small location and you have to add people waiting to get onto the stores too. We actually took a Lyft to swan and are hanging out in their lobby waiting for our mini golf tee time. We ordered the Lyft at 8:50 to beat the studios rush. Worth every penny. We hope to walk to Epcot and get skyliner back after eating lunch at swan pool quick service place which looks much better than the pop menu.
If Skyliner is down you may want to Lyft back-the BWI Skyliner buses were a disaster last night.

You could walk down there and take a look.

Does anyone have a good handy dandy cheat sheet for what time you should try to be down to the bus stop by? Skyliner by? For each park opening time?

I am also still seriously debating how to get to HS. I struggle because the Disney transportation is “free”. The conflicting reports About the the line once at CBR is the hard part!

Getting on skyliner at the transfer station the lady told us we could remove face coverings but to not put them on the bench. We didn’t even realize you were allowed to do that so I thought I would share for others.

Getting on skyliner at the transfer station the lady told us we could remove face coverings but to not put them on the bench. We didn’t even realize you were allowed to do that so I thought I would share for others.
Some CMs ask people to leave them on and others say you can take them off.

Anyone have advice for room requests? We are hoping to be near the skyliner, but a preferred room wasn't an option when we booked our package. Based on one map I saw, I thought requesting a 60s room would still get us close. I ask this, knowing that requests are just that and not guaranteed. Are there other requests that might accomplish the same thing or two requests? Thanks!

Anyone have advice for room requests? We are hoping to be near the skyliner, but a preferred room wasn't an option when we booked our package. Based on one map I saw, I thought requesting a 60s room would still get us close. I ask this, knowing that requests are just that and not guaranteed. Are there other requests that might accomplish the same thing or two requests? Thanks!
Requesting 50's, 60's or 70's will get you closest to the Skyliner. The Skyliner line winds back towards the 50's but truly all are great options for standard rooms if you want to be closer to transportation and Classic Hall.

We only had 2 washcloths and 4 towels and 2 hand towels and I figured we would try to make it work since my info was trash and towel service every 2 nights. Well today they hadn’t come - the housekeeping carts were parked in the same place all day in our section. I called and the man who brought them said it is every 3 nights. I’m sorry but using 2 washcloths for a party of 2 for 3 days isn’t enough. In fact that is ridiculous. We can reuse a towel that much but not washcloths. I honestly don’t think they are staffed enough here. We were in the 50’s pool this afternoon and heard the lifeguard say all 3 pop pools were at max capacity by 11 am yesterday. This afternoon we had half of the 50’s pool to ourselves most of the time.

We only had 2 washcloths and 4 towels and 2 hand towels and I figured we would try to make it work since my info was trash and towel service every 2 nights. Well today they hadn’t come - the housekeeping carts were parked in the same place all day in our section. I called and the man who brought them said it is every 3 nights. I’m sorry but using 2 washcloths for a party of 2 for 3 days isn’t enough. In fact that is ridiculous. We can reuse a towel that much but not washcloths. I honestly don’t think they are staffed enough here. We were in the 50’s pool this afternoon and heard the lifeguard say all 3 pop pools were at max capacity by 11 am yesterday. This afternoon we had half of the 50’s pool to ourselves most of the time.

I think Covid is Disney’s convenient excuse for not having to pay for housekeeping services ( while still charging full price).

Does anyone have a good handy dandy cheat sheet for what time you should try to be down to the bus stop by? Skyliner by? For each park opening time?

I am also still seriously debating how to get to HS. I struggle because the Disney transportation is “free”. The conflicting reports About the the line once at CBR is the hard part!

To get to HS via the Skyliner without having to merge with the CB beach people, you need to be, I would say within the first 7 groups of people in line for the skyliner. You should get to HS with plenty of time to do a ride or 2 and get a boarding group. I would get in line around 7:30 am to be safe. We have done this twice so far and it worked great. We did AK today and got in line around 6:20 am, were first in line and the bus came around 6:50. From what I have seen with the buses, they do seem to come one right after the other, but we still like to get on and get to the park ASAP. Transportation has been nothing like I expected, even leaving the parks we have never waited more than 7 or 8 minutes for a bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter