Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We checked into pop around 9:15. We were on a full (an empty row between families ) magical express bus and were the first of 4 stops. We were first on the bus and seated in the very back row and were the only people going to pop. We got off the bus and the pop employees clapped and cheered. Bell service came right over and got our bags and said they would deliver them to our room when it was ready. While my daughter went to the bathroom and I was sitting in front of bell services our room became ready. We literally got the opposite of our requests lol. We don’t care. We are 3rd floor of 50’s building 2. We wanted a tub and got a shower. We wanted 60’s or 70’s and got 50’s. We just had to laugh. Kind of between the pool and parking lot so a tree view so to speak. We got in line for skyliner about 9:50 and it took quite awhile to get to Epcot. Loved riding it but we prob got to Epcot around 10:40. Not too bad but that Caribbean beach station is crazy! So many people directing long lines. The Epcot line was extremely long there and in hot sun but it moved fairly quickly. We had to get into a constantly growing line for temp screening because so many people were coming from the boardwalk area. That was kind of awkward but it moved quickly. My bag set the screener off - maybe metal straws. That took longer than anything to get in. Epcot surprisingly not crowded. Lots of people and I have not noticed anyone breaking mask rules. No lines for us at food booths.

Hi, WEDWDW.

I hope you're having a great time.

1. Have you had to ride the bus because the Skyliner was down? If so, does the bus pick-up at the regular DHS & EPCOT signs or a different place

2. Are all three pools open and do they all open & close at the same time?

3. Are there any Pop foods that you ate that are still good (fresh, warm) or not so good (not fresh, cold)?

4. Could order food or drinks from the rear dining area that is blocked off when you picked up your food if not on mobile ordering?

5. Have you noticed any wheelchairs go through those new park security scanners that might seem different from everyone else?

6. Does the dining room really not have a way to warm up food?

7. Have you ordered food or grocery delivery to Pop? If so, how did it go?

8. Were the EPCOT Friendship boats running?

9. Does anything surprise you about being at Pop or WDW?

Have a great time and enjoy yourself.
Thanks-we stayed away as long as we could!lol

We readily admit we are addicted to Disney Crack!lol

But we always say being addicted to Disney Crack is better than being addicted to Crack Crack!lol

The only ones I can answer so far are:

All 3 Pools have now moved from 9-9 to 10-10.

It is possible to order without Mobile Order-they have a paper menu at a register with a CM there,but it is prepared the same way(nothing is "plated",everything is put in boxes) as Mobile Orders are placed on the pickup tables.
This option is just to be used by the RARE Guest without a cellphone.

There is no way to warm up food-we had the Pot Roast last night and it was not bad-the key is timing it to get in and get your food as soon as they put it out while it is still hot.

The thing so far that has "surprised",and I knew going in how great Disney would be at Guest safety,but it is AMAZING the precautions they are taking!

Waiting at POP now to see if our RoTR Backup Group gets called.

Last edited:
Yesterday we did DHS again and this time were first in line for the skyliner, around 7:30 am. Again it worked just like last time, when you are one of the first you go right to the front of the line at CB, no merging behind all the CB people. Got to the park super early, on and off Mickey & Minnie with 20 some minutes to spare until time to get a boarding group. We have been getting in line for transportation super early each day and have been one of the first people let into the park.

Thanks-we stayed away as long as we could!lol

We readily admit we are addicted to Disney Crack!lol

But we always say being addicted to Disney Crack is better than being addicted to Crack Crack!lol

The only ones I can answer so far are:

All 3 Pools are open with Hippy Dippy and Computer being open 10-10 and Bowling open 9-9.

As far as I could tell,they are not allowing anything but Mobile Order and it is HECTIC in peak dining hours.

There is no way to warm up food-we had the Pot Roast last night and it was not bad-the key is timing it to get in and get your food as soon as they put it out while it is still hot.

The thing so far that has "surprised",and I knew going in how great Disney would be at Guest safety,but it is AMAZING the precautions they are taking!

Waiting at POP now to see if our RoTR Backup Group gets called.

Hi, WEDWDW.

You're too funny. I feel the same way.

Thank you for using your personal time just to answer questions. I think it is very nice of you and all DISers .

And I hope you got your RoTR Backup Group and had a wonderful time.

We checked into pop around 9:15. We were on a full (an empty row between families ) magical express bus and were the first of 4 stops. We were first on the bus and seated in the very back row and were the only people going to pop. We got off the bus and the pop employees clapped and cheered. Bell service came right over and got our bags and said they would deliver them to our room when it was ready. While my daughter went to the bathroom and I was sitting in front of bell services our room became ready. We literally got the opposite of our requests lol. We don’t care. We are 3rd floor of 50’s building 2. We wanted a tub and got a shower. We wanted 60’s or 70’s and got 50’s. We just had to laugh. Kind of between the pool and parking lot so a tree view so to speak. We got in line for skyliner about 9:50 and it took quite awhile to get to Epcot. Loved riding it but we prob got to Epcot around 10:40. Not too bad but that Caribbean beach station is crazy! So many people directing long lines. The Epcot line was extremely long there and in hot sun but it moved fairly quickly. We had to get into a constantly growing line for temp screening because so many people were coming from the boardwalk area. That was kind of awkward but it moved quickly. My bag set the screener off - maybe metal straws. That took longer than anything to get in. Epcot surprisingly not crowded. Lots of people and I have not noticed anyone breaking mask rules. No lines for us at food booths.

waiiiit.... not all rooms have tubs? How do I go about requesting a tub?

waiiiit.... not all rooms have tubs? How do I go about requesting a tub?

The majority have tubs. We call or have touring plans request the tub as main priority. Unfortunately this time we weren’t so lucky lol. Fortunately my daughter has been taking more showers so she said it was alright. We didn’t ask for a different room. Honestly I kind of prefer the shower so I just tell myself they decided to prioritize mom for a change.

Oddly the chat function on the app has not worked at all since we have been here.
tried calling the resort via the app link and that never worked either. Just perpetual hold music until I finally hung up. I am aware it is a call center but I found it very odd

We were told today at check in at pop that it’s 98% full, they offered us between only 2 standard rooms at back of 80s and back of 70s. It was 630am, so we told them we’d take our chances with any other room they’re going to assign us later.

Yesterday we did DHS again and this time were first in line for the skyliner, around 7:30 am. Again it worked just like last time, when you are one of the first you go right to the front of the line at CB, no merging behind all the CB people. Got to the park super early, on and off Mickey & Minnie with 20 some minutes to spare until time to get a boarding group. We have been getting in line for transportation super early each day and have been one of the first people let into the park.
We arrived at CBR Station at 9:04 and were directed behind the CBR line and it was ALMOST TO THE BRIDGE!

BUT they had buses labeled HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS EXPRESS waiting at the end of the line.

They would tell Guests they had the option to remain in the Skyliner line or board the bus.

Shockingly most Guests remained in what looked like a 25-30 minute Skyliner line.

We opted for the bus and arrived at DHS 5 minutes later!

Last edited:
Hi, WEDWDW.

You're too funny. I feel the same way.

Thank you for using your personal time just to answer questions. I think it is very nice of you and all DISers .

And I hope you got your RoTR Backup Group and had a wonderful time.
Your welcome.

I updated the Pool and Mobile Order info in the other Post.

We haven't used any food delivery but have seen LOTS of Guests walking through Classic Hall after picking up their order so it appears to be Groovy.

We did get our Backup BG called-it was our second time and noticed a lot more details this time-EPIC ATTRACTION.

And then closed the day with a Sunset ride on Slinky-GOOD TIMES!

I apologize if this has been asked and answered over and over but could someone tell me what time the Skyliner begins operating in the mornings?
We arrive October 23 and we want to be at the Studios early. If the Skyliner isn’t an option then we will Uber. Gotta get there early!! :flower:

Thank you!!
Carla

I apologize if this has been asked and answered over and over but could someone tell me what time the Skyliner begins operating in the mornings?
We arrive October 23 and we want to be at the Studios early. If the Skyliner isn’t an option then we will Uber. Gotta get there early!! :flower:

Thank you!!
Carla
Advertised start is 9:00 but they usually start around 8:45.

Even though there is a "crawl " on Resort TV
asking Guests not to come to the Station until 8:00,many come much earlier-we saw a man there at 6:45 today!lol

If you get to CBR Station and find a line,our experience has been there will be direct buses provided.

Definitely hop on them-only a 5 minute trip to DHS.

The most common sign at WDW these days.lol

Advertised start is 9:00 but they usually start around 8:45.

Even though there is a "crawl " on Resort TV
asking Guests not to come to the Station until 8:00,many come much earlier-we saw a man there at 6:45 today!lol

If you get to CBR Station and find a line,our experience has been there will be direct buses provided.

Definitely hop on them-only a 5 minute trip to DHS.

Thank you we will definitely jump on the bus!!

We did MK today and were the first one at the bus stop. While waiting, there were tons of AK buses stopping, so people didn't have to wait too long. I have to laugh when there is a line of people waiting for the bus and people start running to get there. You know you aren't getting on the bus because of social distancing, so why run? LOL We were really worried transportation was going to be a nightmare based on what I read here, but really it's been pretty great for us. As long as we get to the bus stop or skyliner station early, it's all been smooth sailing.

We did MK today and were the first one at the bus stop. While waiting, there were tons of AK buses stopping, so people didn't have to wait too long. I have to laugh when there is a line of people waiting for the bus and people start running to get there. You know you aren't getting on the bus because of social distancing, so why run? LOL We were really worried transportation was going to be a nightmare based on what I read here, but really it's been pretty great for us. As long as we get to the bus stop or skyliner station early, it's all been smooth sailing.
This is reassuring. What time did you get to the bus stop?

After dropping our bags off this am, we got lucky with our AK bus today - got out there 643, 1st bus came 650am. We were the 5th Group and last allowed to board. I was the very first through taps at around 7:06 and 1st on FoP. Rode it 3x before moving on, 5x today.

we left a little early and Pop had a lot of folks waiting, but buses were coming in fast. We were again fortunate in being the 6th and final group allowed 2nd bus at 5:49, after waiting only 10min.

we ended up with 4th floor bldg 6, 80s. Our bags didn’t show up to our rooms as promised by luggage services in am. Called 3x and asked if I could get it myself before they arrived at 8pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter