Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked a trip Oct 26-30, I’m so excited to get out of the house and back to the World! This will be my first time at Pop and reading all the recent posts from people has been so helpful—thanks everyone!

We only had 2 washcloths and 4 towels and 2 hand towels and I figured we would try to make it work since my info was trash and towel service every 2 nights. Well today they hadn’t come - the housekeeping carts were parked in the same place all day in our section. I called and the man who brought them said it is every 3 nights. I’m sorry but using 2 washcloths for a party of 2 for 3 days isn’t enough. In fact that is ridiculous. We can reuse a towel that much but not washcloths. I honestly don’t think they are staffed enough here. We were in the 50’s pool this afternoon and heard the lifeguard say all 3 pop pools were at max capacity by 11 am yesterday. This afternoon we had half of the 50’s pool to ourselves most of the time.
We’ve had same problem
I even went to guest services yesterday morning requesting those things since nobody has ever came and they still only Brought our coffee and not our towels

We’ve had same problem
I even went to guest services yesterday morning requesting those things since nobody has ever came and they still only Brought our coffee and not our towels

I tried the chat function and it didn’t work (oddly worked fine from home lol). Tried calling while we were in the park via the link in MDE and no one ever answered. Called from the room today and took forever to bring the towels so I went and robbed the cart at the end of the walkway on our floor. Then 20 min later the person came with a ton of towels. So if u need any let me know. We have tons lol. Also after he took our trash and told me it is every 3 days someone came and took what little trash we had left in the room and our old towels. So it must be every other day after all.
I must say bus service has been on pointe all weekend. Literally never waited for a bus so far. At springs just now the bus filled up when we got there but another one immediately came. Never ever had fast bus service to springs. Only thing is why is Pop bus stop way out in BFE? Still the last bus stop and very annoying honestly.

Covid is everyone's excuse for less..
Also They like to say no more free MBs because they want you to use your phone... do you really believe this?

today my current resort stay at pop wasn’t on the app. If I was depending on using my phone to get into to the room instead of my magic band we would have been locked out. Our resort was back in the app a few hours later but it was simply missing for awhile today

I tried the chat function and it didn’t work (oddly worked fine from home lol). Tried calling while we were in the park via the link in MDE and no one ever answered. Called from the room today and took forever to bring the towels so I went and robbed the cart at the end of the walkway on our floor. Then 20 min later the person came with a ton of towels. So if u need any let me know. We have tons lol. Also after he took our trash and told me it is every 3 days someone came and took what little trash we had left in the room and our old towels. So it must be every other day after all.
I must say bus service has been on pointe all weekend. Literally never waited for a bus so far. At springs just now the bus filled up when we got there but another one immediately came. Never ever had fast bus service to springs. Only thing is why is Pop bus stop way out in BFE? Still the last bus stop and very annoying honestly.

are use the chat function one time but I had to fill out some special onlineform and to me it was more trouble than it was worth
we have been here since Thursday and nobody has ever come
we had to wait a while for a bus leaving animal kingdom and Epcot but Magic Kingdom today was a breeze going there and coming back, there was actually no one when we left right at about 715 I was totally surprised

are use the chat function one time but I had to fill out some special onlineform and to me it was more trouble than it was worth
we have been here since Thursday and nobody has ever come
we had to wait a while for a bus leaving animal kingdom and Epcot but Magic Kingdom today was a breeze going there and coming back, there was actually no one when we left right at about 715 I was totally surprised

I don’t think pop staffed themselves properly at all. It is too bad. The housekeeping carts sat most of the day on the second and third floors at the end of the halls to the right of the jukebox in the 50’s section. They never moved from there until around 3 - at least on the 3rd floor. There was huge bags of dirty linens sitting there too all day even after the cart was gone. So odd

I don’t think pop staffed themselves properly at all. It is too bad. The housekeeping carts sat most of the day on the second and third floors at the end of the halls to the right of the jukebox in the 50’s section. They never moved from there until around 3 - at least on the 3rd floor. There was huge bags of dirty linens sitting there too all day even after the cart was gone. So odd
Yes- noticed garbage bags full of used towels outside the rooms by our room, like the trash people throw in bags and out the door since no housekeeping. Looks great.

It is definitely supposed to be every other day.

Just rememeber,in a tight,there are always the Pool Towels to grab(from 10-10).

But yes a lot of things are sub-Disney standard right now-the food here especially!lol

But for people like us who needed a "Disney Fix" we are so glad it is open and we came.

The Cast is trying hard.

I have no doubt everything will return to form in time.

But the only people I would tell to come now are those like us in dire need of a Disney Fix.

I would tell First Time Guests not to get in a hundred miles of WDW right now.

Every time I see a Guest with a First Time Pin,I cringe for them.

I'm guessing they’re trying to alleviate the lines at Pop so picking up guests but then driving slower to MK until they are allowed to drop off.
Driver ended up slowly getting us in at 7:47ish despite warning us that he wouldn’t get us in before 8 into MK. There were some other buses already there but noticed the first few Contemporary early risers at temp screening were being held. When bus driver parked he said “you all might as well stay on board since you’ll just be held at the gate.” But then he followed with, “but you’re free to wait out there.” Immediately we all jumped off the bus! Of course we want to be first to the temp screening. It was sort of funny.

I got to be the first at the temp screening and then the tapstyles for my 3rd straight different park. neat getting the congratulatory salutation from CM for being first so many times in a week. We chose to be first on FEA, FoP, and 7D this am.

there were sensor issues with the test runs for 7D and they didn’t let us on until 8:30am, vs 8:10 on a Friday where we ride it several times until we got sick of it.

We’ve had same problem
I too had to go and request a few things, but we could have also called. Swan said that they were only doing turn down service upon request or every 4th day. This is our second night at Pop and room def. hasn’t been touched, nor did we expect it. Been trying to reuse bath towels, taking out my own trash, keeping things more tidy.

Anyone have advice for room requests? We are hoping to be near the skyliner, but a preferred room wasn't an option when we booked our package. Based on one map I saw, I thought requesting a 60s room would still get us close. I ask this, knowing that requests are just that and not guaranteed. Are there other requests that might accomplish the same thing or two requests? Thanks!
I was hoping to get a 60s room without preferred, but cm told us at least this wknd, they’re 98% full, and we’re putting you in either 4th floor at choice if only 2 avail. Rooms at the back corners of the property. Despite it being our anniversary and the several room requests that for us at least, almost never helps. I asked- how are you 98% full when only 50-70s bldgs are being used with the limited capacity at the parks? And she explained that they’re filling the rest of Pop, it’s a busy holiday wknd. The same thing I heard last yr at this time, only I didn’t expect to hear that this trip- to be completely full on this trip. Still don’t really buy it. Only 2 avail rooms out of this humongous property - would be very difficult to achieve that sort of capacity/timing. I don’t think CM was willing to give us a preferred, which is their prerogative. We ended up with the building 6 but top floor... but much closer than what we would have had for a walk to the buses.

I was hoping to get a 60s room without preferred, but cm told us at least this wknd, they’re 98% full, and we’re putting you in either 4th floor at choice if only 2 avail. Rooms at the back corners of the property. Despite it being our anniversary and the several room requests that for us at least, almost never helps. I asked- how are you 98% full when only 50-70s bldgs are being used with the limited capacity at the parks? And she explained that they’re filling the rest of Pop, it’s a busy holiday wknd. The same thing I heard last yr at this time, only I didn’t expect to hear that this trip- to be completely full on this trip. Still don’t really buy it. Only 2 avail rooms out of this humongous property - would be very difficult to achieve that sort of capacity/timing. I don’t think CM was willing to give us a preferred, which is their prerogative. We ended up with the building 6 but top floor... but much closer than what we would have had for a walk to the buses.

i too heard pop was 98% full this past weekend and based on the numbers of people I saw I believe it is very full. I don’t believe they had2 rooms only because they should have 2 open rooms for every hundred rooms they have so that is a lot. But I digress. Having a great time but not using any pop amenities except the pool and refillable mug for my coffee. Of course they were out of the Halloween mug when I needed to get mine and now I see them lol.

i too heard pop was 98% full this past weekend and based on the numbers of people I saw I believe it is very full. I don’t believe they had2 rooms only because they should have 2 open rooms for every hundred rooms they have so that is a lot. But I digress. Having a great time but not using any pop amenities except the pool and refillable mug for my coffee. Of course they were out of the Halloween mug when I needed to get mine and now I see them lol.
I don’t doubt they’re pretty full, but they don’t need to tell me there are only 2 rooms avail. on entire property and both happen to be furthest possible away from Classic Hall. It was 6:30am though so we requested (again) to be closer, but said that we’d take anything else that came avail by evening, and got the 80s bldg 6, 4th floor 6425 at about 4pm.

I once saw an interview with the disney hotels exec who said their goal is 94-97% occupancy, and because of check out / check in timing, it’s nearly impossible to be above that level at any given period.

Well we’re first in line at MK bus after checking out at 6:30. Given last day, our aim was to make sure we were on first bus after being the last group (6th) on bus again after arriving at 7:02.

CM came by and said first bus to MK at pop has been already moved back from 730 to 8 since it’s now slower with the holiday past. That cleared out some of our line and the AK line.

I don’t doubt they’re pretty full, but they don’t need to tell me there are only 2 rooms avail. on entire property and both happen to be furthest possible away from Classic Hall. It was 6:30am though so we requested (again) to be closer, but said that we’d take anything else that came avail by evening, and got the 80s bldg 6, 4th floor 6425 at about 4pm.

I once saw an interview with the disney hotels exec who said their goal is 94-97% occupancy, and because of check out / check in timing, it’s nearly impossible to be above that level at any given period.

yes I agree with you. If they are 98% full there are a lot more than 2 empty rooms for you.

CM came by and said first bus to MK at pop has been already moved back from 730 to 8 since it’s now slower with the holiday past. That cleared out some of our line and the AK line.

we are going down to get in skyliner line soon for studios. Have fun at MK today.

Ok went to get in line for skyliner at 7:50 and we weee at the very end of the bridge and sat against the stone pillar there. They started loading about 8:47 and we got on quickly. At the Caribbean change station they started loading to studios line at 9 and this time they merged us in the station alternating a pop family with a CBR family. It was great. Temp stations opened at 9:15 and we just got inside the Chinese theater to wait for railway to open. Which is hopefully soon

Ok went to get in line for skyliner at 7:50 and we weee at the very end of the bridge and sat against the stone pillar there. They started loading about 8:47 and we got on quickly. At the Caribbean change station they started loading to studios line at 9 and this time they merged us in the station alternating a pop family with a CBR family. It was great. Temp stations opened at 9:15 and we just got inside the Chinese theater to wait for railway to open. Which is hopefully soon
Your are in front of me
Couldn’t get my hubby out the door earlier than 8:30 to hold our place in line
In line now for mmr
Got boarding group 62

yes I agree with you. If they are 98% full there are a lot more than 2 empty rooms for you.
we are going down to get in skyliner line soon for studios. Have fun at MK today.
Hope you had a good HS day! We had only until 11am because (2hrs) for our last day, because of flight changed on us. It was a little shorter with the switch to 8am being first bus and about 8:20 for temp check vs yesterday about half hr earlier. But we still did 7D 4x, Pan, HM, Pirates, Space, Pooh, Starbucks brunch, and would have gotten to more If not for closures for Splash, HM, delayed opening for BTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter