• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were limited condiments in baskets/bowls on the counter where the microwaves used to be. I saw salt, pepper, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and I think honey. I did not eat there during breakfast (I always have food in my room for breakfast, even pre COVID) so the assortment may be different at that time.
No microwaves?

I am staying at POP but after my MK day I would like to go to DS. Do I walk to Contemp to catch a bus to DS or what would be the best way to get there?

That or take a bus to Saratoga and walk from the Congress Park stop. Probably not much difference time-wise between the two. Contemporary is better if you're trying to get to the west side, Saratoga is good for getting to the marketplace side.

Just thought I would let everyone know that you should not try to exit everything Pop via the main entrance, which has been an exit for 19 years, you will be yelled at "this is not a exit sir!" And they act like you just committed a felony. You would think cast members would be thankful for guests spending money right now. There was a very small Microsoft word sign but I didn't see it, muscle memory took over. They wanted you to exit to the outside.

Just thought I would let everyone know that you should not try to exit everything Pop via the main entrance, which has been an exit for 19 years, you will be yelled at "this is not a exit sir!" And they act like you just committed a felony. You would think cast members would be thankful for guests spending money right now. There was a very small Microsoft word sign but I didn't see it, muscle memory took over. They wanted you to exit to the outside.

“This is not an exit, sir” sounds fairly polite to me. They’re only enforcing the rules Disney has put into place to avoid bottle-necking at areas. My hospital has put the same sorts of entry/exit rules into place. These are different times :flower1:

QUOTE="paradesintherain, post: 62337135, member: 470851"]
“This is not an exit, sir” sounds fairly polite to me. They’re only enforcing the rules Disney has put into place to avoid bottle-necking at areas. My hospital has put the same sorts of entry/exit rules into place. These are different times :flower1:
[/QUOTE]

Yes the words were polite, but not the way he said it, very loud and curt as if I was trying to do something wrong. It doesn't feel good to be scolded as a guest on vacation.

Disney should position a CM there to direct guests if it is such a big deal to them that they will create a scene about it.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Edit: I need to learn how to format on disboards

Last edited:
Be aware of using Skyliner first thing in the morning. At 9am, we waited in line that stretched back to the 50's buildings. When arriving at CB, we were directed to the end of the CB Skyliner line for EPCOT/Riviera, which stretched back along main main back past internal bus stop. This could have been enhanced by the EPCOT F&W?

Be aware of using Skyliner first thing in the morning. At 9am, we waited in line that stretched back to the 50's buildings. When arriving at CB, we were directed to the end of the CB Skyliner line for EPCOT/Riviera, which stretched back along main main back past internal bus stop. This could have been enhanced by the EPCOT F&W?
At 9am the Epcot line is not running to the park so the guests you encountered were all DHS guests or the occasional guest taking the Skyliner to a dining reservation. It's being recommended currently to line up for the Skyliner beginning around 8:00am if you want to get to DHS to attempt to secure a boarding group. This is purely optional but waiting until 9am will almost always ensure the long line that you encountered and a second line at the CBR station. Hope you were still able to get to where you wanted in time.

Personal car/Uber/Lyft are also options but come with their own set of challenges as timing things perfectly to arrive at DHS around 9:10 is important to ensure you get in line for the parking lot but don't get turned away for being too early for the parking lot to open.

We were in that same scenario for DHS except the line went toward the bridge and not toward the Skyliner Bus Depot AND they had direct buses for DHS waiting at the end of the line by the bridge for any Guests not wanting to wait for Skyliner.

We hopped on a bus and were at DHS in 5 minutes!

Maybe they should do the same for Epcot!

Last edited:
That blows my mind given AoA isn't even open and sharing - when we were there in Feb we had no issues with Skyliner at all, so much I rode it to CB just to get Joffrey's coffee to bring back to our room - also they were not making people ride with other groups until Riveria if there was a back up going to Epcot -

That blows my mind given AoA isn't even open and sharing - when we were there in Feb we had no issues with Skyliner at all, so much I rode it to CB just to get Joffrey's coffee to bring back to our room - also they were not making people ride with other groups until Riveria if there was a back up going to Epcot -
In February they weren't holding Guests at CBR Station until 10:30 AM before allowing them to go on to Epcot.

In February they weren't holding Guests at CBR Station until 10:30 AM before allowing them to go on to Epcot.
I didn't realize that - seems a bad choice to hold them, what if people are just trying to go to Boardwalk area? and given Epcot is letting people in at 10:30 that makes the Skyliner way less convenient.

At 9am the Epcot line is not running to the park so the guests you encountered were all DHS guests or the occasional guest taking the Skyliner to a dining reservation. It's being recommended currently to line up for the Skyliner beginning around 8:00am if you want to get to DHS to attempt to secure a boarding group. This is purely optional but waiting until 9am will almost always ensure the long line that you encountered and a second line at the CBR station. Hope you were still able to get to where you wanted in time.

Personal car/Uber/Lyft are also options but come with their own set of challenges as timing things perfectly to arrive at DHS around 9:10 is important to ensure you get in line for the parking lot but don't get turned away for being too early for the parking lot to open.
We were going to Riviera for breakfast and with a 2yo, much earlier is not an option. We eventually got to where we were going, but want to give update as of Sept 21. The lines move fairly well, but for those that posted the arrivals from POP were being "merged" with existing line at CBR, that was not the case.

We were in that same scenario for DHS except the line went toward the bridge and not toward the Skyliner Bus Depot AND they had direct buses for DHS waiting at the end of the line by the bridge for any Guests not wanting to wait to wait for Skyliner.

We hopped on a bus and were at DHS in 5 minutes!

Maybe they should do the same for Epcot!
Were those busses at CB or Pop?

Were those busses at CB or Pop?
The bus was at CB. My understanding is that they took the Skyliner from Pop to CB and when they arrived at CB they were sent down the ramp to the end of the Skyliner line. When they got to the end of the line they noticed a bus that was going to DHS so boarded them bus (rather than taking the Skyliner) and they were at DHS 5 mi s later.

How did I do remembering your experience @WEDWDW? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter