Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I correct in the TV's in the rooms at the resort are now Samsung TV's? If so, are they smart tv's and, if so, can you stream from your phones (specifically an iPhone, in this case) to the TV? If not, is it still possible to hook a device like a Roku stick up to these TV's?

Am I correct in the TV's in the rooms at the resort are now Samsung TV's? If so, are they smart tv's and, if so, can you stream from your phones (specifically an iPhone, in this case) to the TV? If not, is it still possible to hook a device like a Roku stick up to these TV's?
Here now. Yes tv's are Samsung. Ours doesn't have apps installed but it looks like you can use screen mirroring. Couldn't get it to work on an older iphone. It has HDMI so Roku or Firestick can work but the Wi-Fi is temperamental in our tv. It works sometimes.

Last edited:
I'm here now with my husband. Today we used the buses to AK. Here's my notes:
In line at 7:15 am.
8th party back.
1st MK bus at 8:05 today. 2nd bus MK 8:08.
8:11 first AK bus
All Loaded on first AK bus at 8:15. Told we have to wait 5 min, until 8:20 until we can leave. Arrived at AK 8:36 am.

Yesterday (Wednesday) we used Pop buses to MK.
In bus line at 7:20. About 18 parties back. Line quickly built and became very long, dozens of parties behind us by the time the first bus came at 7:53. AK bus came right after.
8 parties loaded on 1st MK bus.
7:58 2nd bus, 7 parties (1 scooter)
8:06 3rd bus. 2 more showed up. We got on this one and left at 8:10. Lots of Buses kept arriving for MK and AK.

Online those are the only options but you may call and request any of the buildings as all have standard view rooms.

It is a known error on the app that has been reported to Disney IT but has yet to be corrected.
I called a few weeks ago and requested 60s for a standard view. She noted it and it never showed up on my reservation. Should I call back?

I called a few weeks ago and requested 60s for a standard view. She noted it and it never showed up on my reservation. Should I call back?
If you called and requested it it should be there on your reservation behind the scenes but will not appear online. You can call and check if you wish. (And also as helpful information to others here. :) )

I called to ask about my requests. The CM confirmed that even though they were not showing up online the details of my request previously made on the phone were still linked to my reservation.

Hi, it's been over a year since I've stayed at POP. I remember when doing the online check in before that if I was staying in the Preferred Pool View rooms that you could request the 60's section online. But I noticed with my upcoming reservation the room drop down only asks if you want a high or ground floor room. Have they moved where the preferred pool view rooms are located? Thanks

Hi, it's been over a year since I've stayed at POP. I remember when doing the online check in before that if I was staying in the Preferred Pool View rooms that you could request the 60's section online. But I noticed with my upcoming reservation the room drop down only asks if you want a high or ground floor room. Have they moved where the preferred pool view rooms are located? Thanks
No, they have not moved where those rooms are located. The only section that has preferred pool view rooms is the 60’s section so you will automatically be placed there so no need to offer it as an option.

No, they have not moved where those rooms are located. The only section that has preferred pool view rooms is the 60’s section so you will automatically be placed there so no need to offer it as an option.
Thanks for that info. Is the 60's section also considered "Closest" to the skyliner?

Does anyone know if the dresser under the tv can be moved juat a little to the right? Would like to use the area by wall hooks( where connecting door would be) for a toddler sized air bed. In older rooms, it fit perfectly in that area,but do not think it will now. It is 50 inches long.

Does anyone know if the dresser under the tv can be moved juat a little to the right? Would like to use the area by wall hooks( where connecting door would be) for a toddler sized air bed. In older rooms, it fit perfectly in that area,but do not think it will now. It is 50 inches long.
Unfortunately it cannot be moved as it is affixed to the wall.

That being said, someone in this post from the old room refurbishments thread said the distance they measured is exactly 50" so it may fit.

Also I do not have connecting room and there is good space between dresser and wall by bath, 50 inches. Luggage rack is there and there is room for another luggage rack as well.

Last edited:
Our room last year was a standard in the 60's area right about where Baloo's left ear is on the map. I could see them working on the Skyliner from my room and was equi-distant from Classic Hall and AOA's main building. We often jumped on the AOA bus to get back to our room if it came first.

We put our air mattress in front of the fridge/window. It fit perfectly and I think it was longer than 50 inches. In the morning, we just folded the blankets and put the air mattress up against the window.

I tried the search option but could not find anything. I think I saw on another site that Pop was not doing luggage help. Is this true? The article I read was from July. I am going on a solo trip and will have an ECV and will need help from the car. TIA

I tried the search option but could not find anything. I think I saw on another site that Pop was not doing luggage help. Is this true? The article I read was from July. I am going on a solo trip and will have an ECV and will need help from the car. TIA
We were there in Sept/Oct and they helped us with our luggage.

When you call about a room request do you call the specific number at Pop or the general WDW phone line? Also looking forward to the Skyliner! Do I have this correct... to get to HS we’ll exit at CB then board again? And to get to Epcot we’ll exit at CB, reboard, then exit and reboard at Riviera? Thanks!

This ^^^

I don't get the hate on the new projections at all. The "normal" lights were only pretty at night. During the day they just obscured the view of the castle. I think this is a nice balance. It might not be as spectacular in the dark (though still fun!!), but it doesn't ruin the daylight view of the castle.

Edited: I just watched the Dis video of the new projections and I have to say I even prefer them to the old lights at night. It's one of those Covid changes I hope DIsney keeps.
When you call about a room request do you call the specific number at Pop or the general WDW phone line? Also looking forward to the Skyliner! Do I have this correct... to get to HS we’ll exit at CB then board again? And to get to Epcot we’ll exit at CB, reboard, then exit and reboard at Riviera? Thanks!
You may call either number. I’m pretty sure both end up in similar queue. Regardless, both numbers can add requests to your reservation.

You’re close with the Skyliner. The only thing different from what you said is that when you board at CBR you will not need to disembark at Riviera. It will slow down and guests may exit at Riviera or, stay on and proceed to Epcot.

You may call either number. I’m pretty sure both end up in similar queue. Regardless, both numbers can add requests to your reservation.

You’re close with the Skyliner. The only thing different from what you said is that when you board at CBR you will not need to disembark at Riviera. It will slow down and guests may exit at Riviera or, stay on and proceed to Epcot.
Nice! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter