• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is correct. I think if you can prove you have a dining reservation that they will allow you to board the Skyliner to Epcot. I hadn’t thought of that option.
Good to know! Didn’t realize you could hop on early with proof of ADR. Will note that for next time.

If it’s for breakfast, I don’t think the skyliner Epcot line runs until about an hour prior to park opening. So for an 11:00 Epcot opening, the skyliner won’t run there until around 10:00am/10:15am. Whereas HS has been opening at 9am. I think OP was headed there for breakfast... I think.
The Skyliner line is running as it is bringing guests from the Epcot resorts and Riviera to DHS. Guests with dining reservations will be allowed to board the Epcot bound Skyliner from CBR before guests going to Epcot.

I was wondering about the same thing since we have an ADR at Trattoria at 8:45am. It is on our Epcot day but I figured we would have to take the Skyliner to DHS and then walk.
If we could take the Skyliner to Epcot that would save us some time.

If it’s for breakfast, I don’t think the skyliner Epcot line runs until about an hour prior to park opening. So for an 11:00 Epcot opening, the skyliner won’t run there until around 10:00am/10:15am. Whereas HS has been opening at 9am. I think OP was headed there for breakfast... I think.
Oooooo - good point! Didn’t realize it was that early!

Would you wait and check luggage at POP to be transferred or walk over to AOA with luggage and attempt early check in / check luggage there?
I hope you’re having a fabulous time! What did you end up doing? We are doing the reverse-AOA to pop. Current plan is to walk it over around 6 to make bus for rope drop for MK.

Another Skyliner question: If I’m planning to have QS breakfast at Riviera around 9:30, will I need to get off at the CBR station and walk over because it’s too early for the Epcot line?

I’m starting a split stay with two nights at Pop (arriving a week from today!) and I’m so excited to stay there for the first time since 2016. Pop was my go-to until it wasn’t available for one of my trips and then I started spoiling myself with a mix of POFQ and Deluxe. I’m happy to finally be going back.

Are there any activities happening yet? Outdoor movies? Tie Dying Mickey shirts? Hippy Dippy games, dance parties or trivia?

There are outdoor movies happening. I'm pretty sure I saw something about tie dying shirts. I'm unsure about the games at the Hippy Dippy, I didn't use the pool when I went there over Easter.

Is bell service busy all the time or just in the morning? We arrive after 2pm and hope it is not too bad in the afternoon (we requested connecting rooms so it might take longer to get our rooms).

We got here around noon and it was pretty busy. We have seen it busy later in the afternoon as well.

Does Bell Services still deliver your luggage to your room after it's ready? Along with any grocery deliveries, like Garden Grocer? Or will I have to wait in the bell services line again?

They delivered to our roomonce it was ready and we called down.

Since the inside mug refill stationed open back up does anyone know if the mug refill station by Petals is open yet or is it still closed?

It is still closed. Also, they are not letting you take a photo of your mugs anymore to get refills like they did the last months. that is since you are now able to fill your own mug

Are there any activities happening yet? Outdoor movies? Tie Dying Mickey shirts? Hippy Dippy games, dance parties or trivia?
Tie Dye shirts are happening. They were doing pool activities also. Movies as well.

Post 1 has the address of Pop Century. Personally I include a line that says, 'Guest at Pop May 2-4, 2021' or something like that.

I would ship so that it arrived no more than 5 days before my arrival. Just a heads up that you will pay $6 for each package so if Amazon splits your order into multiple boxes, you will pay $6 for each. This has happened to me in the past.

I didn’t see this anywhere . . . Yesterday evening they were going from room to room putting stickers on the fridge doors that say:

Beverage cooler cools to 41 degrees and above.
Please contact the Front Desk for assistance.

I have never kept anything in one but sodas and water, and since I keep the room cold, the cooler is cold. But maybe some guests have had issues with medications or other items.

Is there an extra blanket for each bed in the rooms? We're not used to sleeping in air conditioning and we sometimes get cold at night when we do. I didn't want to take one along and have it take up valuable suitcase space, if I didn't have to.

Is there an extra blanket for each bed in the rooms? We're not used to sleeping in air conditioning and we sometimes get cold at night when we do. I didn't want to take one along and have it take up valuable suitcase space, if I didn't have to.
There isn't but you can call from the phone in your room and they will bring extras. In a pinch I've also been known to use one of the towels as an extra 'blanket'.

You also have full control over the temp of your room as the thermostats are adjustable. There is often about 7 degrees difference between our room and my parents' room at Pop!

There isn't but you can call from the phone in your room and they will bring extras. In a pinch I've also been known to use one of the towels as an extra 'blanket'.

You also have full control over the temp of your room as the thermostats are adjustable. There is often about 7 degrees difference between our room and my parents' room at Pop!
Thank you! That was helpful!

Post 1 has the address of Pop Century. Personally I include a line that says, 'Guest at Pop May 2-4, 2021' or something like that.

I would ship so that it arrived no more than 5 days before my arrival. Just a heads up that you will pay $6 for each package so if Amazon splits your order into multiple boxes, you will pay $6 for each. This has happened to me in the past.

I've ordered a few treats from the local cast members that were laid off that I'm supposed to pick up at bell services. Will there be a $6 fee for those deliveries/packages as well?

I've ordered a few treats from the local cast members that were laid off that I'm supposed to pick up at bell services. Will there be a $6 fee for those deliveries/packages as well?
Unfortunately yes. Each package needs to be retrieved, catalogued, recorded on your reservation, stored and later retrieved. My experience has been that they charge $6 for each package as they will arrive individually so these steps need to be repeated each time.

I’m not sure what happens if a package comes in 2 or more boxes that arrive together as mine always got separated in shipping. You might just be charged once but I honestly don’t know.

As a Canadian I used to order more shipped to Pop as some companies don’t ship to Canada or, charge a huge amount. (Once tried to order 2 t-shirts from Disney and they were going to charge $25 for shipping! No thank you!) I will say I’ve greatly reduced the amount I order and have shipped to the hotel since the $6 fee was added although when I realize all the steps they need to take it does make sense. For me, this fee has worked as I have less shipped so cause them less additional work.

We order a few snacks and drinks from Amazon, but considering their tendency to split boxes. Is that another option for ordering these things that might come in a single box?

We order a few snacks and drinks from Amazon, but considering their tendency to split boxes. Is that another option for ordering these things that might come in a single box?

Usually Amazon gives me the option to either do separate boxes or put them in as few as possible even if it means that the shipment may be later.

Unfortunately yes. Each package needs to be retrieved, catalogued, recorded on your reservation, stored and later retrieved. My experience has been that they charge $6 for each package as they will arrive individually so these steps need to be repeated each time.

I’m not sure what happens if a package comes in 2 or more boxes that arrive together as mine always got separated in shipping. You might just be charged once but I honestly don’t know.

As a Canadian I used to order more shipped to Pop as some companies don’t ship to Canada or, charge a huge amount. (Once tried to order 2 t-shirts from Disney and they were going to charge $25 for shipping! No thank you!) I will say I’ve greatly reduced the amount I order and have shipped to the hotel since the $6 fee was added although when I realize all the steps they need to take it does make sense. For me, this fee has worked as I have less shipped so cause them less additional work.

Thank you so much. The fee wouldn't have changed my purchase, but I'm glad to know ahead of time. BTW $25 for shipping is outrageous, I've had to ship a few things to Canada and I can't believe how expensive it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter