Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We've stayed at Pop many times and had it all booked for next month but I moved it into 2022 today.

Just too many challenges for us with the US border still being closed to Canadians. We could fly out of a Canadian airport but it's a lot of additional money I hadn't planned on. Add to that the challenge of finding a place to be tested, getting there from Pop, rising cases in FL and crowded parks and it just seemed it was best to delay. We're sad as this is the second time we've had to delay this trip but we're thankful for all we have and now have a new countdown date to plan for and look forward to!

I am so sorry about your trip. Last year we were supposed to go in May for a family trip. Then rescheduled for September 2020. Then rescheduled for November 2020. Then lastly January 2021. Our daughter has severe autism and the mask mandates for both flying and in the parks would have been impossible for her. Now we are scheduled for May 2022 but I don't even know if that is going to happen. However, I do have a solo trip coming up for October 2021 IF Florida doesn't close their borders to Missourians. We are a Delta variant hotspot.

However, I do have a solo trip coming up for October 2021 IF Florida doesn't close their borders to Missourians. We are a Delta variant hotspot.

Another Missourian here and I have the same concern although Florida may be just as badly off now. I hope you can make a trip soon!

So, just made a walk up to the main building here at POP, absolutely no information or signage about this mask policy that starts in less than 24 hours. I sense a PR nightmare coming tomorrow…

I am typically a driver, so I have never used grocery delivery. From what I can tell, Amazon Prime Now is my best option. I order it to be delivered to the address in post 1, correct? From the grocery delivery to your resort thread, it also appears that you get estimated 2 hour delivery, so you don't want to order too soon. It will then be delivered to luggage services where I either pick it up or it is delivered to my room. Does all of this match experience of those who are familiar with using it? Should you order on arrival day or is day before acceptable? Thanks. (No alcohol)

Are the rooms at Pop large enough for 3 adults or would that be to cramped ?
I think that depends on who the 3 people are, length of trip and time planned spent inside the room. Me and 2 friends could easily share the room for a few nights if it is just to shower, sleep, change but a longer trip or people not willing to share a bed/bathroom may not like it.

For the past several years, my mom (70s), my brother (30s), and I (40s) have shared a room at PoP for a week twice a year. I don't mind at all since we are family and I grew up in a small house with only 1 bathroom. I have a few close friends I also wouldn't mind sharing it with either. Would I love to have more space like when we stayed in DVC villas, especially those 2 bedrooms, of course, but it's fine space wise for us as a regular hotel room. Between the drawers and various cubbies, there is plenty of room for everyone's clothes and toiletries. We don't even put the pull down bed up (it stays down all week), but if you did, there'd be even more space. Other than a couple breakfasts, we don't usually eat in the room. If we are eating at the resort, we grab a table near the room - we book preferred pool view so never too hard to find a close table.

For the past several years, my mom (70s), my brother (30s), and I (40s) have shared a room at PoP for a week twice a year. I don't mind at all since we are family and I grew up in a small house with only 1 bathroom. I have a few close friends I also wouldn't mind sharing it with either. Would I love to have more space like when we stayed in DVC villas, especially those 2 bedrooms, of course, but it's fine space wise for us as a regular hotel room. Between the drawers and various cubbies, there is plenty of room for everyone's clothes and toiletries. We don't even put the pull down bed up (it stays down all week), but if you did, there'd be even more space. Other than a couple breakfasts, we don't usually eat in the room. If we are eating at the resort, we grab a table near the room - we book preferred pool view so never too hard to find a close table.
Lovely thank you

Just finished my first stay at Pop. These rooms are such a wonder of great engineering! That was my favorite part. Reminded me of cabins on cruise ships.
Luggage lines weren’t awful any of the times I visited.
I can confirm that luggage services is definitely not transporting any groceries. I was hoping it was just the perishables they weren’t transporting. Nope, it’s all groceries. I ended up putting the food inside my suitcase, and my shoes/toiletries bags and misc items in the paper Publix bag so I could keep my food.
Take a moment and think about how that looked to the folks at the Grand Floridian loading my things onto the golf cart to bring us to our room. Hahaha.
The only thing I found unacceptable was that after using a luggage cart myself to bring my groceries to the room from my delivery, the guy wanted me to bring the cart back. Nope. I’m paying a couple hundred a night and not keen on bringing back my luggage cart. Alas, I relented since I know they are likely understaffed and overstressed.

Hello,

We arrived yesterday. Pop and the entire World is busy and crowded. I promised some measurements of the cubbies, so here goes (for a 2 bed room):

The cubbie on either sides of the bed are:
Width - 12.25 inches (one was actually 12- 3/8”)
Height - 10.75 inches
Depth - 9 inches

The cubbie between the bed and the Murphy bed:
Width - 8.25”
Height- 10.75”
Depth - 9”

Under the sink there are 2 cubbies side by side. Both are:
Width - 14.5”
Height - 8.25”
Depth - 10.5”

Under the bathroom counter where there is no sink, there are two cubbies below (shelf-like):
Width - 18”
Height - 12.75”
Depth - 13.75”

Above the counter next to the mirror are shelves that I did not measure. I’m short.

I haven’t converted to metric for our Canadian (hi @scrappinginontario) friends and most of the world.

On other things, we had a GardenGrocer order. The cold stuff was kept cold and everything was in order. I tried reaching Luggage Assistance to have it delivered last night but was on hold for too long. It was easy enough to go pick it up myself. They loaded it onto a cart and it was easy to manage and return. I also called Disney Services (there is no “housekeeping” on my room phone) for a box fan and extra blanket. Those were delivered within 5 minutes.

We are having a nice time.

Hello,

We arrived yesterday. Pop and the entire World is busy and crowded. I promised some measurements of the cubbies, so here goes (for a 2 bed room):

Height - 10.75 inches
Depth - 9 inches

Width - 8.25”
Height- 10.75”
Depth - 9”

Width - 14.5”
Height - 8.25”
Depth - 10.5”

Under the bathroom counter where there is no sink, there are two cubbies below (shelf-like):
Width - 18”
Height - 12.75”
Depth - 13.75”

Above the counter next to the mirror are shelves that I did not measure. I’m short.

I haven’t converted to metric for our Canadian (hi @scrappinginontario) friends and most of the world.

On other things, we had a GardenGrocer order. The cold stuff was kept cold and everything was in order. I tried reaching Luggage Assistance to have it delivered last night but was on hold for too long. It was easy enough to go pick it up myself. They loaded it onto a cart and it was easy to manage and return. I also called Disney Services (there is no “housekeeping” on my room phone) for a box fan and extra blanket. Those were delivered within 5 minutes.

Thanks so much for these measurements!! Post on first page has been updated with above. Greatly appreciated!

Have a wonderful vacation!!!

Last edited:
Just finished my first stay at Pop. These rooms are such a wonder of great engineering! That was my favorite part. Reminded me of cabins on cruise ships.
Luggage lines weren’t awful any of the times I visited.
I can confirm that luggage services is definitely not transporting any groceries. I was hoping it was just the perishables they weren’t transporting. Nope, it’s all groceries. I ended up putting the food inside my suitcase, and my shoes/toiletries bags and misc items in the paper Publix bag so I could keep my food.
Take a moment and think about how that looked to the folks at the Grand Floridian loading my things onto the golf cart to bring us to our room. Hahaha.
The only thing I found unacceptable was that after using a luggage cart myself to bring my groceries to the room from my delivery, the guy wanted me to bring the cart back. Nope. I’m paying a couple hundred a night and not keen on bringing back my luggage cart. Alas, I relented since I know they are likely understaffed and overstressed.
I didn’t know they would let you use a luggage cart.

Hello,

Height - 10.75 inches
Depth - 9 inches

Width - 8.25”
Height- 10.75”
Depth - 9”

Width - 14.5”
Height - 8.25”
Depth - 10.5”

Width - 18”
Height - 12.75”
Depth - 13.75”

Thank you!!!

EXTREMELY common at the Values.

Though this picture is not from Pop Century but is from All-Star Sports,I thought some might get a kick out of seeing these Luggage Carts being used by some arriving 15s one July. :)

View attachment 593447
Thanks, I’ll know next time to ask! We looked a bit crazy trying to balance everything while keeping kiddos in line, but we survived 🤪

For those that have been recently, are the soda machines in Everything Pop and at Petals fairly easy to access, at opening times, of course? I ask because we usually use them to fill our reusable water bottles. I plan to get a few jugs of water from Instacart as well, but if we run out, I’d like to be able to have the option of the soda machines.

For those that have been recently, are the soda machines in Everything Pop and at Petals fairly easy to access, at opening times, of course? I ask because we usually use them to fill our reusable water bottles. I plan to get a few jugs of water from Instacart as well, but if we run out, I’d like to be able to have the option of the soda machines.

Yes, there’s normal and easy access to the soda refill machines, and visiting when they open at 7 it should be even easier.

I stayed at Pop for over a week with my sister and BIL in a brand new renovated room one day after Hurricane Irma. They had a lot of belongings with them because they had to evacuate to my house for the storm and beach access where they live didn’t open for several days. Every bit of space under the regular bed was filled with boxes and suitcases. We still had plenty of room and worked out a shower schedule that worked for us. It did not feel crowded to us. They usually come over for a weekend any time I am staying there (well, they come wherever I am staying, but I have been staying at Pop a lot lately).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter