Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Do you think people at Fort Wilderness will have decorations up around September 14-21 or is closer to Halloween?
Sorry for the delay in responding. My best guess is that it will be closer to Halloween, but some of the campers really go all out and maybe decorate early. Fort Wilderness Campground is still a fun place to visit just to look around to see horses at the Tri-Circle-D ranch, etc. You might check the DIS thread dedicated to Fort Wilderness to see what folks are saying over there.

Has anyone ordered DoorDash while staying at Pop? I was looking at what was available in the area and noticed that Earl of Sandwich is eligible! We’ll need lunch the day we arrive and since the Pop offer8ngs are so limited, I thought of ordering something. And Earl of Sandwich would be perfect! I was just wondering if anyone has done so successfully.

Last edited:
We ordered Earl of Sandwich while at Pop via Uber Eats without issue.

Almost every stay at Disney I've stayed at Pop. I've been here since September 1st and I think I may be on my last stay. My love of the resort has waned this trip. One night at Epcot while the skyliner was down I watched 6 buses stop to pick up 4 or 5 guests each time for riveria and 4 do the same for Caribbean Beach. There were about 300 of us in line for a combined line for AOA and Pop. We waited an hour and a half until 1 bus arrived. Today while at Disney Springs we waited 45 minutes for a bus to show up and when I enquired about it they said that one of the buses just didn't show up. Also today I've had 2 room checks. Housekeeping (if you can call it that anymore) and the security check. They came within an hour of each other, neither of them knocking. The price of staying on site and at a "value" resort when I can stay at swan and dolphin for approximately the same price without the multiple intrusions is just not worth it anymore.

Almost every stay at Disney I've stayed at Pop. I've been here since September 1st and I think I may be on my last stay. My love of the resort has waned this trip. One night at Epcot while the skyliner was down I watched 6 buses stop to pick up 4 or 5 guests each time for riveria and 4 do the same for Caribbean Beach. There were about 300 of us in line for a combined line for AOA and Pop. We waited an hour and a half until 1 bus arrived. Today while at Disney Springs we waited 45 minutes for a bus to show up and when I enquired about it they said that one of the buses just didn't show up. Also today I've had 2 room checks. Housekeeping (if you can call it that anymore) and the security check. They came within an hour of each other, neither of them knocking. The price of staying on site and at a "value" resort when I can stay at swan and dolphin for approximately the same price without the multiple intrusions is just not worth it anymore.

I agree the busses for Pop suck. I justify using ride share because of the money I saved booking Pop. As for house keeping they ticked me off royally yesterday. I booked a late flight so I could sleep in and rest. Though I had a door hanger stating occupied they came banging on the door at 8:30 waking me up.

I agree the busses for Pop suck. I justify using ride share because of the money I saved booking Pop. As for house keeping they ticked me off royally yesterday. I booked a late flight so I could sleep in and rest. Though I had a door hanger stating occupied they came banging on the door at 8:30 waking me up.
They haven't even been knocking for me. My kids are out right now so I don't have the latch o and both times today they have walked right in. I don't believe enough money is saved for a ride share. I'll probably be moving offsite when my husband isn't with me so I can justify the rideshare and when he is with me stay at swan and dolphin or even a universal resort (which are cheaper and nicer) and rent a car

Thanks for the heads up about the bus situation and the room check situation. We will be at POP in about 5 weeks. My mom is coming with us and has a hard time hearing. She will jump out of her skin if someone enters without knocking.

We had a similar situation at Disney Springs when we stayed at CR last year. We waited close to 45 minutes for a bus. We usually drive and don't depend on buses. I was missing my car.

We had very long waits for busses at wilderness lodge this past week. They didn’t even put in an arrival time for Epcot bus - it took at least a half hour but probably longer. Disney springs busses took a very long time too. (Traditionally these places have long bus waits no matter where we stay for some reason).

It’s interesting to see other people’s experiences. I was there for a quick weekend trip over Labor Day and never had to wait more than a couple minutes (if that) for a bus. I don’t know if we just had really good timing or if they had extra buses for the holiday weekend. But almost every time we got to the bus line there was already one there waiting. We went to animal kingdom and Disney springs. No trouble at either place.

I will say that one frustrating thing for us when we did check in is that they didn’t mention we needed to put a card down for our magic band. I assumed it stayed linked from previous trips or would link from a card being on file, but it does not. That seems like a simple thing to ask about/mention during checkin and would have saved us an extra trip to guest services.

If traveling by skyliner, how do I get to Riviera from Pop?
You will take the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach Resort, which is the main 'hub' of the Skyliner. You must disembark the Skyliner there. From there, you can either walk to Riviera OR take another Skyliner to the Riviera.

Is the air conditioning in room at Pop based off of motion sensors? We’ve had a few Disney (and non-Disney) hotels where we’ve woken up in a sweat in the middle of the night having to wave our arms around to get the air to kick back on again. Hoping to avoid that as we like it very cold- esp to sleep.
Answering this for anyone wondering in the future. The air conditioning is not motion censored and is amazing. Nice and cold!

You will take the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach Resort, which is the main 'hub' of the Skyliner. You must disembark the Skyliner there. From there, you can either walk to Riviera OR take another Skyliner to the Riviera.
Thank you so much! Is the walk far from the hub to Riviera?

I can’t post this on the freecycle Facebook pages (work doesn’t know I’m here), but if anyone on a Pop group, feel free. Just checking out and left half a case of water, soda, bananas,carrots, pop tarts, lucky charms, lysol spray and wipes in 80s building with Roger Rabbit 4th floor vending machines.

I can’t post this on the freecycle Facebook pages (work doesn’t know I’m here), but if anyone on a Pop group, feel free. Just checking out and left half a case of water, soda, bananas,carrots, pop tarts, lucky charms, lysol spray and wipes in 80s building with Roger Rabbit 4th floor vending machines.
Glad I'm not the only one who isn't always honest with work about my Disney trips lol

My boss always says "AGAIN?!" when I am asked where are you going. I stopped answering his questions or I simply say Florida. But now he would frown upon me going because of virus concerns. He will not know about my next trip.

My boss always says "AGAIN?!" when I am asked where are you going. I stopped answering his questions or I simply say Florida. But now he would frown upon me going because of virus concerns. He will not know about my next trip.
We arrive for a short trip on the same day you arrive! We are leaving WDW Tuesday, the 19th. I am keeping quiet, too. This mini break is needed now more than ever. I have never stayed at Pop before. Looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter