• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all! Planning a 9/2022 trip with my family. 8 of us total but my brother and his girlfriend will be staying in a LM room at AoA. We always stay at Pop but decided to try something new this time. We're bringing my dad and step mom who will want to take is easier and spend some time at the resort which is why we chose POR. My son will also be turning 3 while we're there! Hopefully the resort is open by then, I assume it will be?

Hi all! Planning a 9/2022 trip with my family. 8 of us total but my brother and his girlfriend will be staying in a LM room at AoA. We always stay at Pop but decided to try something new this time. We're bringing my dad and step mom who will want to take is easier and spend some time at the resort which is why we chose POR. My son will also be turning 3 while we're there! Hopefully the resort is open by then, I assume it will be?
Love POR. Our fav section is the mansions. The 2 non-Royal rooms are centrally located. It’s a beautiful resort to stroll around. And very peaceful. I assume with 6 people at POR you’ll be needing 2 rooms so be sure you ask reservations to connect both reservations as traveling together.
A heads up, the Bayou rooms have a 5th bed for a child which takes the place of the dresser. And no elevators.

The 2 non-Royal rooms are centrally located.
Does this mean the Royal rooms are far away from the main buildings etc. Meaning the main lobby and cafeteria? I'm also hoping it opens as im hoping to go in December if all goes well. And I also usually stay at POP so, were trying a moderate resort. Coronado may be a second choice but still hoping for a Royal room at POR.

Does this mean the Royal rooms are far away from the main buildings etc. Meaning the main lobby and cafeteria? I'm also hoping it opens as im hoping to go in December if all goes well. And I also usually stay at POP so, were trying a moderate resort. Coronado may be a second choice but still hoping for a Royal room at POR.

I believe all the Royal rooms are considered preferred. We stayed in a Royal room in Oak Manor once. We absolutely loved it! It was very convenient to the lobby and bus stop. There was a quiet pool right outside our room. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Beautiful grounds and good food court!

They're definitely not the closest. They're farther away from the food court and main pool area than many of the other mansions/Bayou rooms...that was 1 of the reasons we chosen not to do Royal rooms last time. Don't get me wrong it's not terrible, but there's definitely closer rooms and coming from a value just prepare yourself that things are a little farther away. Having said that bot P.O. resorts are much smaller laid out than the other 2 moderates.

Last edited:
I consider Royal Rooms to be closer than most rooms to the lobby. You can also look at a map and make a request where you'd like to be, as long as it's in your booked category.

Really depends on the room category you book. You can definitely book a preferred royal room and be closer to the lobby. You can make requests for certain buildings or locations but requests aren’t guaranteed. But if being close to the lobby is important to you definitely pay for preferred location since POR is a large resort. We’ve stayed in the bayou and the royal rooms and never payed for preferred but never felt like the walk was very long. Liked the alligator bayou room since we paid for a room with the pull down 5th sleeper but the royal rooms have such fun theming. Definitely look at a map and see where you’d think you like to be. We drive to WDW so we always like a building near the parking lot and bus stop at the moderates.

We stayed in a Royal Room in Oak Manor close to the foot bridge and was fairly close to main buildings, but further walk to main pool. Another stay we were put in the furthest end of Parterre Pl and was far from everything. Ask for roo m location near foot bridge!

I believe all the Royal rooms are considered preferred. We stayed in a Royal room in Oak Manor once. We absolutely loved it! It was very convenient to the lobby and bus stop. There was a quiet pool right outside our room. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Beautiful grounds and good food court!
The only rooms that are preferred are a few in Alligator Bayou close to food court.

They're definitely not the closest. They're farther away from the food court and main pool area than many of the other mansions/Bayou rooms...that was 1 of the reasons we chosen not to do Royal rooms last time. Don't get me wrong it's not terrible, but there's definitely closer rooms and coming from a value just prepare yourself that things are a little farther away. Having said that bot P.O. resorts are much smaller laid out than the other 2 moderates.
If you get a location close to the foot bridges your very central to lobby and food court. Oak Manor is a fav for Royal Rooms.
I found our last stay at Pop we were really far away from main buildings. And the walk wasn’t nearly as enjoyable as POR.

not sure if the map below will show up but the royal rooms aren’t preferred by category but typically there’s a premium on price for them for theming/location. Buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27 are preferred. Just to give an idea on walking time if needed, we stayed in bldg 90 oak royal room facing the river and it was less than 5 mins to the lobby and pool. We’ve also stayed in building 26 in the alligator bayou and that was about 5 min. A little longer to the bus stop but not terrible.

not sure if the map below will show up but the royal rooms aren’t preferred by category but typically there’s a premium on price for them for theming/location. Buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27 are preferred. Just to give an idea on walking time if needed, we stayed in bldg 90 oak royal room facing the river and it was less than 5 mins to the lobby and pool. We’ve also stayed in building 26 in the alligator bayou and that was about 5 min. A little longer to the bus stop but not terrible.

View attachment 548765
We loved Oak Manor. We were in the riverside inner courtyard facing the fountain park great location.

Thank you, my step-mom will either have a scooter or cane probably so we will be requesting a room closer to transportation most likely. She has MS and can walk but is slow and tires easily. We will probably ask 2 rooms that are adjoining too. It'll be my dad, step-mom, and step-sister in one room, and then my husband, myself, and our son in the other so the extra Louis bed probably won't be necessary but he might get a kick out of it (he's 16 months now, still in a crib).

Thank you, my step-mom will either have a scooter or cane probably so we will be requesting a room closer to transportation most likely. She has MS and can walk but is slow and tires easily. We will probably ask 2 rooms that are adjoining too. It'll be my dad, step-mom, and step-sister in one room, and then my husband, myself, and our son in the other so the extra Louis bed probably won't be necessary but he might get a kick out of it (he's 16 months now, still in a crib).

Be sure you request the rooms you really want, adjoining rooms are near each other, connecting rooms share an internal door. Make sure you add which room type you want and request when you book so they may be better equipped to accommodate you. Disney schooled me on this.

I think Oak Manor, building 90 will be perfect. We liked being on riverside of building. Walking out the door and seeing the river is so nice.
If you look at the map, walking over the foot bridge is a short walk to the South bus depot. But we preferred walking out back thru the parking lot to the East Depot. Either one is pretty close. But the East depot is less crowded.
Rather than ask to be close to transportation I’d request to be close to the foot bridge. That will be your most central location.
I think you’ll love POR.

Be sure you request the rooms you really want, adjoining rooms are near each other, connecting rooms share an internal door. Make sure you add which room type you want and request when you book so they may be better equipped to accommodate you. Disney schooled me on this.

ah gotcha thank you, I'm actually using Dreams so I'll be sure to discuss that with them. My step mom has issues that leave her in the bathroom a while so a connecting door inside would probably work best for my Dad and sister to use ours if they needed to.

ah gotcha thank you, I'm actually using Dreams so I'll be sure to discuss that with them. My step mom has issues that leave her in the bathroom a while so a connecting door inside would probably work best for my Dad and sister to use ours if they needed to.
The room assignors at POR have always been great at filling requests. Since my last stay room assignors for all the resorts have been centralized but I hope they still are giving the same great service. I’d go check in at the front desk when you arrive and ask them if they were able to give you connecting rooms. If they didn’t maybe ask if it’s possible. Although they may move you to another location further away. You may have to choose. But your going during a quiet time, so hopefully they will not have a problem accommodating you.

We stayed at AOA in a little mermaid room as my daughter is a huge fan of Ariel's and it was a treck. I really liked the theme as it was laid out quite nice but I thought the beds at POP were more comfortable and less of a walk. So this is also good to know.

View attachment 548765
Thank you so much for this. I will request this section and building for sure. I fell in love with the decor of the Royal room so, I must stay there. Im just hoping they will be open when I want to go.

Make sure you request ground floor or bldg with elevator (Mansions)...the buildings in Aligator Bayou are 2 story with no elevators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter