• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Does the oak manor building with the Royal rooms have an elevator? I also will be using a scooter. I have knee issues and need it to get around.

Does the oak manor building with the Royal rooms have an elevator? I also will be using a scooter. I have knee issues and need it to get around.

Mansion buildings are 3 story so have elevators. I'd request to stay in either the Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace. These are going to be the closest to Ol' Man Island, the old-fashioned swimmin' hole with a sawmill slide, hot tub and pool-side bar. This is also where the nightly campfire will take place, if they have it... You'll also be very close, via a bridge, to the Riverside Mill Food Court

Mansion buildings are 3 story so have elevators. I'd request to stay in either the Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace. These are going to be the closest to Ol' Man Island, the old-fashioned swimmin' hole with a sawmill slide, hot tub and pool-side bar. This is also where the nightly campfire will take place, if they have it... You'll also be very close, via a bridge, to the Riverside Mill Food Court
Thank you! I appreciate all the feed back im getting in planning my trip. :)

I agree that these are the closest mansion rooms and that's why it is what we request each time we stay there, however in less something has changed these 2 buildings do not have Royal rooms and it sounds like OP is wanting a Royal room.

I agree that these are the closest mansion rooms and that's why it is what we request each time we stay there, however in less something has changed these 2 buildings do not have Royal rooms and it sounds like OP is wanting a Royal room.
Correct, only Praterre (sp?) and Oak in the magnolia section have royal rooms. OP-
Check out this page for more details on POR. They will give you room breakdowns by type and location and the map is interactive. https://www.portorleans.org/riverside-info.php

Correct, only Praterre (sp?) and Oak in the magnolia section have royal rooms. OP-
Check out this page for more details on POR. They will give you room breakdowns by type and location and the map is interactive. https://www.portorleans.org/riverside-info.php
Thank you! Yes I am wanting a Royal room and it does look like its accessible for scooters when I looked at the link. I also see elevators which is additional good news. Thank you so much! :)

Thank you! Yes I am wanting a Royal room and it does look like its accessible for scooters when I looked at the link. I also see elevators which is additional good news. Thank you so much! :)

All of the mansion building rooms are capable of getting a scooter / ECV into, and as you say there are elevators in all four of the mansions buildings (80, 85, 90, 95). Obviously ground floor is easiest though, as the elevators are only in the central area of the buildings so it can be a bit of a trek getting to some of the more remote upper floor rooms.

Andre

All of the mansion building rooms are capable of getting a scooter / ECV into, and as you say there are elevators in all four of the mansions buildings (80, 85, 90, 95). Obviously ground floor is easiest though, as the elevators are only in the central area of the buildings so it can be a bit of a trek getting to some of the more remote upper floor rooms.

Andre
This is a good tip. Thanks!

We stayed at AOA in a little mermaid room as my daughter is a huge fan of Ariel's and it was a treck. I really liked the theme as it was laid out quite nice but I thought the beds at POP were more comfortable and less of a walk. So this is also good to know.

Yeah that's what kept us all from staying there even though the theming is more toddler friendly. My brother and his girlfriend are in their early/mid 20's and very fit so the trek isn't an issue for them! They actually stayed at POR in March and arrived the day they announced the closures!

Thank you for the tips everyone, I've already emailed Dreams at their "future bookings" email because I know A. my dates aren't bookable and B. the resort is still closed.

Has anyone done the fishing? I feel like my Dad might enjoy that and would want to do it with my (then) 3 year old. I remember him taking me when I was very young but I never enjoyed it lol. I think he and my stepmom go fishing sometimes.

Any guesses as to whether Port Orleans will be open by December? Also, I heard French Quarter is better for little kids (we'd be traveling with a 3 yr old and 5 yr old). Is the only reason that it is smaller? I usually only see discounts for Riverside, and a non-discounted moderate stay is out of the budget. We have a stroller with sit/stand attachment and are used to staying at values or Ft. Wilderness, so I feel like we have stayed places requiring a lot of walking before.

Oh my, how I miss the fountains, the trees, the rose arbors, the walkways along the river, the bridges, the mansions, those quiet pools, the clip clop of carriage horses, the boat to Disney Springs. What a lovely home away from home resort.
please open soon! We need you!

Any guesses as to whether Port Orleans will be open by December? Also, I heard French Quarter is better for little kids (we'd be traveling with a 3 yr old and 5 yr old). Is the only reason that it is smaller? I usually only see discounts for Riverside, and a non-discounted moderate stay is out of the budget. We have a stroller with sit/stand attachment and are used to staying at values or Ft. Wilderness, so I feel like we have stayed places requiring a lot of walking before.
POFQ better for little kids? The pool is themed better for them, and the shorter walking distances are great for everyone.

POFQ better for little kids? The pool is themed better for them, and the shorter walking distances are great for everyone.
I guess you could say POFQ was better for little kids if you did a head to head comparison. However, POR is still awesome for little kids! And you can go to the pools of either property, so differences in the pool is not really a factor for us. I’d def go with the deal on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter