Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So sorry about your vacation, and perfectly ok to post here.

I just came to do the same.

Disney Cruise Lines just cancelled the September 9 Fantasy sailing Teena and I were scheduled to go on.

Safety first.

:(

ETA: I am grateful Disney Cruise Lines made the decision now, rather than later in the week. We had just moved our flights up to Thursday from Friday earlier today to ensure that we would be able to get to the port.

What RayO said about the safety of people who have to live with the consequences of the coming storms!

:grouphug:
So sorry that vacations and cruises are being overshadowed by Mother Nature! That's so sad!! I know all of you have planned for many months, as I do for my trips. Hopefully you will be able to get back to the Magic soon!

Hi! We just changed resorts from Wilderness Lodge to Yacht Club and I am so excited (this was my first choice but I got outvoted lol and finally got my way;) Can we be added to the Be Our Guest list : ) We are going from March 3-10th and it'll be hubby's 38th birthday trip and our first Flower & Garden Festival trip!

Thank you! Now I'm going to keep on reading all these lovely posts :)

Just returned from 10 days at Beach Club. We booked a standard view room.... we got upgraded to a ground floor garden view, room 1606. It was a sheltered patio, next to the DVC path, on a corner. It was right across from the Marketplace and on a corner, making it the biggest room I have ever seen. WOW. We loved this room. My husband who is an AKL lover and BC skeptic (only staying here because I wanted to), absolutely loved our stay here. The proximity to Epcot during F&W was the big selling point for him. If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to ask.

So sorry about your vacation, and perfectly ok to post here.

I just came to do the same.

Disney Cruise Lines just cancelled the September 9 Fantasy sailing Teena and I were scheduled to go on.

Safety first.

:(

ETA: I am grateful Disney Cruise Lines made the decision now, rather than later in the week. We had just moved our flights up to Thursday from Friday earlier today to ensure that we would be able to get to the port.

What RayO said about the safety of people who have to live with the consequences of the coming storms!

Oh Dee I'm so sorry for you two and anyone else in the same boat! I haven't been around here for a couple months but I remembered you mentioning how excited you were for your Sept cruise with Teena (before my time). I hope you two are able to do something else together now or later! Any alternate plans at this point or are you having to abandon your trip in its entirety?

Emailed my TA about rates for next May for a few nights at the Beach Club, the discount they are offering is only at 30%, which is ok, but was really hoping for more than that. I don't know if Disney has UOCodes that are higher than that now or not. I used one at the Wilderness Lodge this past February at 30%, but I think that was as high as it went.

I also emailed another TA with agency exclusives and they had the exact same rates.

Extra question here, does every room at the Beach Club, that is not on the ground floor, have a balcony? Whether it be a large or small one? I really like having that to hang out bathing suits to dry when we will not be in SAB.

Emailed my TA about rates for next May for a few nights at the Beach Club, the discount they are offering is only at 30%, which is ok, but was really hoping for more than that. I don't know if Disney has UOCodes that are higher than that now or not. I used one at the Wilderness Lodge this past February at 30%, but I think that was as high as it went.

I also emailed another TA with agency exclusives and they had the exact same rates.
May is a very popular time for Disney and 30% off at the Beach Club is pretty good.

Extra question here, does every room at the Beach Club, that is not on the ground floor, have a balcony? Whether it be a large or small one? I really like having that to hang out bathing suits to dry when we will not be in SAB.
There are a few rooms that do not have any kind of balcony. Those rooms tend to be corner rooms. There are probably only a hand full off those, though.

I noticed with the recent refurbishment at the BC that swimming suits hanging on the clothes line in the bathroom seemed to dry a little faster than then did before the refurbishment. :)

May is a very popular time for Disney and 30% off at the Beach Club is pretty good.
I was kinda thinking that might be so. But you know, July has even lower rack rates than May? Might wait and see what that month might hold, but I'm feeling May for some reason.:rolleyes: Do you know how bad the love bugs are in May?

I was kinda thinking that might be so. But you know, July has even lower rack rates than May? Might wait and see what that month might hold, but I'm feeling May for some reason.:rolleyes: Do you know how bad the love bugs are in May?
We were there May 19th to 24th this year and never saw a love bug. :)

Last edited:
:worried: Hate this......Know how much y'all were looking forward to it.:worried:

I am very sad for Teena- she really needs to get to Castaway for some happy-place-time. But you know our gal- she is already working on rebooking!

I joined the FB group for this sailing and it is devastating for all of the families who have been planning and dreaming about this trip for a year (or more). Lots of fish extender groups, mixology groups, etc. So many were looking forward to meeting others IRL that they have become friends with via the interwebs. I get that. Oh, how I get that!

Now they are all dispersed, to different cruise dates or vacations and that breaks my heart.

For me, this was always a bonus trip. A chance to spend a week with my dear friend, eat some delicious food and test out my Triboard Full-Face Snorkel mask.

:fish:

But it was absolutely the right decision on Disney's part. And putting it into perspective- so many living in the path of that b- Irma have so much more at stake, I will not spend a moment being bitter.

I also am not unpacking!

Last edited:
I am so sad reading about everyone's trip cancellations, particularly those with kids and those who have planned for a year or more for their dream vacations...Dee, so sorry it hasn't worked out for you and Teena this trip but it sounds like you two are working on Plan B - I'm sure it will be just as "magical".

Just returned from 10 days at Beach Club. We booked a standard view room.... we got upgraded to a ground floor garden view, room 1606. It was a sheltered patio, next to the DVC path, on a corner. It was right across from the Marketplace and on a corner, making it the biggest room I have ever seen. WOW. We loved this room. My husband who is an AKL lover and BC skeptic (only staying here because I wanted to), absolutely loved our stay here. The proximity to Epcot during F&W was the big selling point for him. If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to ask.

We stayed in this room! It was in August 2015, and they had just finished the refurb of it the day before, we were the first one's to stay in it. WE LOVED it - the location was amazing, and so much room!

My daughter and I have been here since Aug 30. She is starting the DCP this week. I was scheduled to fly home Sunday night but once the Irma news started I asked if they could reserve our room for three more nights and then jumped on changing my flight right when Southwest added a travel advisory for Sunday.

Now that MCO announced that they are closing at 5 on Saturday, I am certain I made the right decision. My daughter was very nervous about me leaving before the storm and of course I would have been worried sick about her the whole time.

So it will end up being two full weeks before I get home-the longest I have gone without seeing my husband and son but I will have a good Beach Club Club Level Hurricane Report to offer when I get back!

My daughter and I have been here since Aug 30. She is starting the DCP this week.

If you update to the right type of Annual Pass (assuming you don't already have one) and if you add your daughter as Friends and Family, she can have Photopass photos taken during her time at DCP and you will be able to download the photos as part of your Annual Pass. Otherwise her photos will all have the watermark on them. Something to consider - she probably will be going to the parks a lot when she's not working.

I know that's OT, but I have had several friends in the DCP in the past year so it popped into my head.

So sad that both the Yacht and abeach club are not available for us at all this month or next month. They switched us after 7 hours on the phone yesterday to the GF CL. Excited to try something new but going to miss SAB and the back entrance to Epcot. However the GF is lovely and we have monorail

If you update to the right type of Annual Pass (assuming you don't already have one) and if you add your daughter as Friends and Family, she can have Photopass photos taken during her time at DCP and you will be able to download the photos as part of your Annual Pass. Otherwise her photos will all have the watermark on them. Something to consider - she probably will be going to the parks a lot when she's not working.

I know that's OT, but I have had several friends in the DCP in the past year so it popped into my head.

We both have them already but thanks!

page 1018-1021

We returned yesterday from our short but sweet anniversary trip at YC. While there were things I really loved about YC, I'm still a BC gal! The new rooms are lovely, but the lobby and common areas are not as appealing to me as BC. I also like that BC is a little closer to EP. I know it's not a lot but when we left EP at 2PM and I was melting and ready for a swim it seemed like an extra mile at least :rotfl:We had excellent service from the CMs. We requested and received turn down service both nights. They have removed the extra toiletries and the bottle of Dasani, so it's just shampoo, conditioner, body wash and the two bars of soap. I hate that there are no ceiling fans, the room seemed to get a little stuffy to me at night so it would've been nice to have the air moving around. The only big issue we had was the noise. After they moved us it wasn't as bad, but still louder than you would expect. I don't know that I'll return until/if they do something about the noise level. The manager did tell me they were getting some feedback on the noise level so they may be looking into solutions such as extra insulation, area rugs, etc. That all seems like something they should've thought out beforehand...

The room we had the first night was 4166, standard view, 2Q, daybed, connecting room, tub/shower combo. I'm convinced this has to be the loudest room at the YC (not sure how many more are directly below the lounge but they would be horrible too). For a standard room, the view really wasn't bad because there was a nice big tree blocking the parking lot.

We were moved to 2075, lagoon view, 2Q, daybed, connecting room, tub/shower combo. Perfect view of Illuminations. The room was identical to 4166 except the artwork was different.

Pictures to follow.

Thanks for the great review and descriptions of your rooms!

And photos! I am going to add your post to the YC Room Views thread.

::yes::

So now that they don't have the big Dasini water bottle and they don't sell the case at the marketplace what are your suggestions for water at the hotel. I'm very disappointed they won't have the large bottle in the room. We loved that in May and was counting on it for our next trip. I feel deluxe resorts should have some extras.

Two suggestions-

As far as I know, a gallon jug of water is still available, so I would purchase one or two of those and bring along a refillable bottle like a camelback or something similar. This could also be used in the coffee maker if you use bottled water for that, although I always just use the tap water.

I believe there are smaller multipacks of water bottles still for sale. 8 bottles for $4 if I recall correctly. Still better than in-park prices.

:drinking1

Me too, vettegirl. I'm supposed to leave on Friday. Go away, Irma, go away!

Wishing you a magical, and safe, trip!

:goodvibes

We stayed in 4192, it was a connecting room with a lovely view of a roof... :) We didn't hear much of any noise. I heard a trash compacter or something early morning, but it was quick and didn't really bother me. The room was really nice, it was our first time in a Deluxe resort so compared to POP or AOA it was spacious. It was too bad you couldn't really see the TV from the couch, or desk unless you pulled out the extra table and turned it. Kiddo watched from bed most of the time.

We had lotion, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and two bar soaps (bath and face). They replenished them half way through the trip though the only thing I used was the body wash, lotion and face soap. I did get regular coffee after the first day when there was only decaf. I found there was lots of storage for the two of us. I loved the shower, it was a bath/shower, but the rainfall shower head was so nice. I want one of those! I didn't like the shower doors, though I know they are fancier than a curtain, it was hard to pull the clothesline across. We barely used the balcony, it was a nice view of the buses from out there, so we knew when we had just missed one :) The weather was just too hot and sticky, and rainy a few days. The blackout curtains worked really well which was awesome too.

I'm not sure if we are going back next year or not. We may stay at a monorail resort. We liked being able to walk over to Epcot but we spent more time at Magic Kingdom and the buses took awhile when kiddo was tired. Or so it seemed at least. We only did one day at Hollywood Studios, the boat ride was fine, I don't think I would like to walk that far though! The board at the bus stop started working near the end of our trip. I found it odd that Yacht Club has one multi-stop but at Beach Club there are lines for each of the buses. I was glad it stopped at YC first both on pick up and drop off.

We didn't use the quick service except on the last night when kiddo decided he was hungry just before bed. I didn't like many of the choices, I think we should have gone over to Beach Club as they had more variety. It was one thing we didn't like very much, lack of quick service. We did have lunch at Beaches and Cream one day, it was yummy. People who walked up to sit down had long waits and ate at the counter from what I saw.

Thanks so much for your review. Do you happen to have a view picture?

:thumbsup2
Hi! We just changed resorts from Wilderness Lodge to Yacht Club and I am so excited (this was my first choice but I got outvoted lol and finally got my way;) Can we be added to the Be Our Guest list : ) We are going from March 3-10th and it'll be hubby's 38th birthday trip and our first Flower & Garden Festival trip!

Thank you! Now I'm going to keep on reading all these lovely posts :)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list!

:cool1:

Thanks for the info about your room. My CM friend Teena loves the 606 rooms! Any chance you have a view picture?

:scratchin

My daughter and I have been here since Aug 30. She is starting the DCP this week. I was scheduled to fly home Sunday night but once the Irma news started I asked if they could reserve our room for three more nights and then jumped on changing my flight right when Southwest added a travel advisory for Sunday.

Now that MCO announced that they are closing at 5 on Saturday, I am certain I made the right decision. My daughter was very nervous about me leaving before the storm and of course I would have been worried sick about her the whole time.

So it will end up being two full weeks before I get home-the longest I have gone without seeing my husband and son but I will have a good Beach Club Club Level Hurricane Report to offer when I get back!

Hope you and your daughter stay safe!

So sad that both the Yacht and abeach club are not available for us at all this month or next month. They switched us after 7 hours on the phone yesterday to the GF CL. Excited to try something new but going to miss SAB and the back entrance to Epcot. However the GF is lovely and we have monorail

Sorry to hear about the change-up in your trip, but have a fabulous trip!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter