Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

OK, we decided it's a no go for September cruise so I'll be working 9/13 and 9/14. We decided to shoot for one in October instead. It's been a super busy summer and I think we'd enjoy one in October more than September.
Happy we will get to meet you on the 13th or 14th :)

We leave tomorrow and I did online check-in a couple of days ago. I requested a large balcony, near elevator. When I look up our reservation now, our standard booked room has been changed to this...
Room Type: Lagoon or Pool View. Wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower and option for hearing accessibility. 2 queen beds, 1 daybed​
I can't imagine are there are many accessible rooms (I thought I read there were 22) any ideas where this might be? We are excited at the prospect of getting a pool or lagoon view. Typically we get parking lot views.
From what I have read here on this board, the room type you see regarding the handicap room seems to be a system default, one that shows up often but really isn't what is happening. i do hope though that you get that pixie dust and have moved from SV to WV. However, I'm one of those that until I actually walk in the room and see water outside (not on the bathroom floor) I just don't get my hopes up.
OK, we decided it's a no go for September cruise so I'll be working 9/13 and 9/14. We decided to shoot for one in October instead. It's been a super busy summer and I think we'd enjoy one in October more than September.
Sorry to hear that the CMs on the ship will have to wait another month before Bob keeps them entertained. I'm sure though that you will find lots of things to do at home with your pet cranes. Have a great time with Jeanne and Lilly.
Katesdad

Jake-Take care of that foot....
Uncle Scrooge-congrats on the upgrade, I hope it holds up!

I love today! I love the day before a Disney trip! I actually love the running around and last minute packing.
Today though will be quite busy, we have been scrubbing for days and today we are signing the paperwork to officially put our place on the market. So, for this trip, the Pixie Dust I'm hoping for is a phone all with an offer from our realtor!
At this time tomorrow we'll be taking off!
Whee!

What sort of snacks do you bring (or order from garden grocer?) We are going to get soda, water, oatmeal, cereal, ???? and I have no idea!

For snacks to bring to the parks, we are bringing individual packs of almonds, turkey jerky, and the a few different types of bars (Kind, etc.). We'll stop at the store for cereal, milk, fruit, water, soda, beer/wine, and snacks for the room.

I am excited that I will get too meet you. What are your hours that you work? Sunday the 13th we head to Sea World and the 14th we go to Discovery Cove.

hope your foot feels better soon, you have received some good advice! i struggled with a bad tooth for months leading up to our holiday last year. finally got the root canal and some relief two weeks before departure date. the next day, odd rash on my shoulder into my underarm. shingles. luckily a mild case but i do think it's just one of those things. i started a new job and then found out i was pregnant. kinda sucked as it wasn't convenient. yet still awesome.

It kind of makes sense we are from the same area. I think the beach club reminds me of Cape May's Congress Hall. It is just the type of architecture we see at old seaside resorts...makes sense we would all be attracted by that.

Next to the Congress Hall there use to be an old beautiful hotel named the Windsor ... condos are there now. The Windsor burnt down when I was a kid (long long time ago). The BC looks so much like the Windsor and the lobby is very similar!!

Thanks to all for the foot advice!! It's much better today but with moderate pain, which happens after I've been sitting a bit and then get up to walk around. Looks like it's bursitis! Luckily I work at MGH up here in Boston and can be diagnosed right at my desk!! Rest (which just can't happen with work and two kids deep into the summer sports season) ice and elevation. I was planning on buying some new Asics for the trip (a Physical Therapist turned me onto Asics two years ago and they are the best sneakers ever for comfort!) anyway and will grab a pair of orthotics (god that makes me sound old!) to throw in them and I hope to be good to go!

Thankfully I am down 15 lbs in the last two months so that should help. It's thanks to my shutting my big Italian mouth every time a carb comes near it!! Not an easy task when you were brought up on pasta and more pasta!!

Thanks again for all the advice, you guys rock!!!

6 days and counting!

Jay (Hop Along)

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the foot advice!! It's much better today but with moderate pain, which happens after I've been sitting a bit and then get up to walk around. Looks like it's bursitis! Luckily I work at MGH up here in Boston and can be diagnosed right at my desk!! Rest (which just can't happen with work and two kids deep into the summer sports season) ice and elevation. I was planning on buying some new Asics for the trip (a Physical Therapist turned me onto Asics two years ago and they are the best sneakers ever for comfort!) anyway and will grab a pair of orthotics (god that makes me sound old!) to throw in them and I hope to be good to go!

Thankfully I am down 15 lbs in the last two months so that should help. It's thanks to my shutting my big Italian mouth every time a carb comes near it!! Not an easy task when you were brought up on pasta and more pasta!!

Thanks again for all the advice, you guys rock!!!

6 days and counting!

Jay (Hop Along)

Glad to hear the foot is better, Jay (Hoppy)....you really need strong healthy feet for Disney!

And congratulations of the weight loss! :thumbsup2

I'm not an Italian, but I must have been one in a previous life, because I know exactly what you mean about pasta, and other "white" foods! I live for pasta!!! But I too have decided to lose weight before our Disney trip in the fall (a good visual for me is imagining I'm stuck in that middle seat on the airplane! Not good if I spill over into the other two seats!!). Low carb is working for me too this time around...17 lbs so far, and would really like to drop another 5 before October...the going is slow right now, but having a Mickey trip is a great incentive to keep at it!! :Pinkbounc

Have a wonderful trip, and hope your foot is all better by arrival time!! :woohoo:

Glad to hear the foot is better, Jay (Hoppy)....you really need strong healthy feet for Disney!

And congratulations of the weight loss! :thumbsup2

I'm not an Italian, but I must have been one in a previous life, because I know exactly what you mean about pasta, and other "white" foods! I live for pasta!!! But I too have decided to lose weight before our Disney trip in the fall (a good visual for me is imagining I'm stuck in that middle seat on the airplane! Not good if I spill over into the other two seats!!). Low carb is working for me too this time around...17 lbs so far, and would really like to drop another 5 before October...the going is slow right now, but having a Mickey trip is a great incentive to keep at it!! :Pinkbounc

Have a wonderful trip, and hope your foot is all better by arrival time!! :woohoo:
Good for you, that is awesome!

I've found with the low to no carb diet's that at first the weight just rips right off but a couple months in the weight loss really slows down. That slow down period is the toughest to get through but once you get past it you seem to be jump started again and it comes off again at a quicker pace like at the start.

Keep fighting the good fight, it's not easy but it will be sooooo worth it in the end!!

Jay

Hi. I've just booked my first stay at the Beach Club, found this board and thread, and have learned so much! I just wanted to say hello and thank you for all of this wonderful information! My husband and I are really looking forward to just walking into EPCOT for the Food & Wine Festival. Our dates are 10/25-10/31. Please add us to the Be Our Guest list!

Welcome Jeapgurl. We love when newbie's place their first post on Y&BC thread. Dee will be updating the BOG list soon. Any questions please fire away. If we can't give the correct answer we usually can find someone that can.

Good morning! I'm so jealous of all of yall who are SO close to your trips! Can't wait to hear all the details and updates as yall return. We are still about 3 months out, so to keep myself occupied I've been creeping online for all the videos and photos of Y&BC that I can find. I'm running out of sources, and I can only watch the same video of a YC room tour so many times before I start to just feel like a desperate WDW addict. Anybody have any suggestions for good places to find Y&BC pics and videos to help tide me over until our trip gets here?

It kind of makes sense we are from the same area. I think the beach club reminds me of Cape May's Congress Hall. It is just the type of architecture we see at old seaside resorts...makes sense we would all be attracted by that.

It does make sense.

The Beach Club has always been my dream resort even though the MK is my favorite park.

We are staying at the Poly as part of our split stay and I've always wanted to stay at the Poly. But there's just something about the BC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter