• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

Can I just say how frustrated I am that some people who have only waited a few hours seem to be getting their tickets and some of us who have been on since 6:20-6:40 are still waiting? I mean, I'm not surprised. It's Disney. This always happens. But I'm just starting to get really annoyed. I don't expect my desired date to sell out quickly or anything, but I can't believe I've been waiting for 7 hours (5 official hours) now.
I think we are being punished for being early. It reminds me of when we went to 4th of July fireworks and they tried to kick everyone out that had been waiting in front of the castle for hours. The wanted to move us to give the spot to people that had just lined up. It was an ugly standoff, but nobody moved around me even though the security fought with a small few of the 200 people for over an hour to move. Their compromise was nobody could sit down and wait. It was the strangest Disney experience ever.

I think we are being punished for being early. It reminds me of when we went to 4th of July fireworks and they tried to kick everyone out that had been waiting in front of the castle for hours. The wanted to move us to give the spot to people that had just lined up. It was an ugly standoff, but nobody moved around me even though the security fought with a small few of the 200 people for over an hour to move. Their compromise was nobody could sit down and wait. It was the strangest Disney experience ever.
What was their justification? Was there an official line up spot? That's so odd. I love that no one moved. Stand together as one!

I finally got my tickets and dates reserved!! June 2,3,4th. I almost had an epic failure with internet explorer....make sure your browsers are up to date! The version of IE that I had did not play well with the Disneyland website. Good luck all. I'll leave my queues up a little longer in case i can help somebody here.

What was their justification? Was there an official line up spot? That's so odd. I love that no one moved. Stand together as one!

I remember the days when we took blankets and laid them out to watch Fantasia. It was great when my kids were little to have a spot, even if that meant being out there 4 hours early. I think they just don't want people staking a claim anymore. There was a band, and then they wanted everyone to clear out to make room for people who had queued. Gone are the days of the early bird catches the worm.

I finally got my tickets and dates reserved!! June 2,3,4th. I almost had an epic failure with internet explorer....make sure your browsers are up to date! The version of IE that I had did not play well with the Disneyland website. Good luck all. I'll leave my queues up a little longer in case i can help somebody here.
a number of websites are starting to stop supporting internet explorer

When I try to link my tickets it just sends me back to the queue also. Is that supposed to happen?
Did you just purchase the tickets? I didn't have to go back to the queue, but the next step sure wasn't obvious. I finally found the theme park reservations button and then was able to create my party.

Everyone was placed in the queue randomly at some time between 8:05-8:10am. Everyone who joined after that should have been placed at the back of the line.
Not true. I was online with my phone at 6:50am, then opened two browser on my computer about 15 minutes later. At around 8:45, when I hadn't had any movement from the "more than an hour", I asked my wife to log on with a couple of her browsers. It was finally her chrome browser than got us on...and my phone and one my browsers is still more than an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter