Votes: 3 1.3%
  • religious/faith based

Votes: 62 25.9%
  • agnostic

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • atheist

Votes: 19 7.9%

• Total voters
Again where in the world have you heard you will not a have a true marriage relationship in Heaven or you lose your family in Heaven. Geesh no wonder so many are leaving their faith. I have attended many different churches over my lifetime Christian ones and have also learned from other faiths and I have never heard anyone say this, ever.

The Bible clearly teaches that there is no marriage in heaven. I don’t think I can really say more than that on DIS- search engines will lead you to the verses if you’re interested. But the Bible teaches that heaven isn’t about us and our relationships, or even about the absence of pain etc, it’s about worshipping God. What do relationships matter anyways when we get to spend eternity worshipping? I think that’s what pp is saying.

The Bible clearly teaches that there is no marriage in heaven. I don’t think I can really say more than that on DIS- search engines will lead you to the verses if you’re interested. But the Bible teaches that heaven isn’t about us and our relationships, or even about the absence of pain etc, it’s about worshipping God. What do relationships matter anyways when we get to spend eternity worshipping? I think that’s what pp is saying.

Whoa. Well actually if I believed in organized religions interpretations I would still be part of one of them lol, but the ones I had learned from never said there was pain in Heaven either actually the opposite. Maybe it means we are all One but most NDE's I have seen people have experiences and obvious relationships still with loved ones.

Whoa. Well actually if I believed in organized religions interpretations I would still be part of one of them lol, but the ones I had learned from never said there was pain in Heaven either actually the opposite. Maybe it means we are all One but most NDE's I have seen people have experiences and obvious relationships still with loved ones.

Oh, I wasn’t saying there’s pain, just that the absence of pain isn’t the main point of heaven, according to the Bible.

An eternity worshipping god sounds like the biggest drag imaginable. That’s supposed to be this amazing thing we can’t wait to get to? Pass.

Sorry but the bold sentence sounds as exciting as being dirt. FOREVER???? Glad I don't believe

With all due respect, I really hope our heavens are different. I don't really believe in a traditional heaven, but if I had to describe what I'd prefer it to look like, I'd go with an airport where everyone you know that has already passed is waiting to greet you as you walk off a plane. I'd rather be greeted by my Dad and other family members who have passed over being alone and forced to worship some faceless entity for eternity.

I also don't understand why the Bible is ever taken at face value. Believe it's more of a random collection of stories written by others, but if that's how you want to interpret your version of heaven, all power to you.

Again where in the world have you heard you will not a have a true marriage relationship in Heaven or you lose your family in Heaven. Geesh no wonder so many are leaving their faith. I have attended many different churches over my lifetime Christian ones and have also learned from other faiths and I have never heard anyone say this, ever.

I’m not the poster you were talking to, but I have similar beliefs as her so here is my point of view. I believe in reincarnation and believe I’ve had many different lifetimes. When I die, I believe that husbands and kids and family from different lives that I don’t even remember will be waiting for me. I also think that relationships are different in the afterlife and while I love my husband dearly in this life, maybe a past husband is who I’m with on the other side.

I also don't understand why the Bible is ever taken at face value. Believe it's more of a random collection of stories written by others, but if that's how you want to interpret your version of heaven, all power to you.
.....because 54% of the religious people in the world take the Torah at face value...wiki pie chart ...have Abrahamic convent faith.....and projected in 10 years that will dip below the 50% number....as evident today on TV show Jeopardy, final answer. none of the contestants had knowledge of the Abrahamic convent faith. ....the asterisk is *

* Abrahamic convent faith is Torah relationship and not Bible relationship....so the number is smaller world wide when the word Bible is used....

Well this was a good thread while it lasted...
popcorn:: I guess we'll see. I think if nobody gets huffy and starts reporting posts it can still hang on for a little while. Personally I'd be a little more circumspect in how I phrased things if I felt the need to "dance on the edge" but that's just me.

Nothing I’ve said is my version of anything, just a basic summary of what the Bible says. I could go into a lot more detail about the various aspects of heaven as there’s more to it but not on here. :)

The Bible, or Torah/Old Testament or Quran, or other religious texts, are taken at face value by people who believe that the words in the text are from God/gods/a spiritual figure, depending on the text being talked about. In the case of the Bible, it’s seen as the word of God that was written by people, not as the writings of people.

I’m not the poster you were talking to, but I have similar beliefs as her so here is my point of view. I believe in reincarnation and believe I’ve had many different lifetimes. When I die, I believe that husbands and kids and family from different lives that I don’t even remember will be waiting for me. I also think that relationships are different in the afterlife and while I love my husband dearly in this life, maybe a past husband is who I’m with on the other side.

Oh sorry, don't know how I did that, but thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
Nothing I’ve said is my version of anything, just a basic summary of what the Bible says. I could go into a lot more detail about the various aspects of heaven as there’s more to it but not on here. :)

The Bible, or Torah/Old Testament or Quran, or other religious texts, are taken at face value by people who believe that the words in the text are from God/gods/a spiritual figure, depending on the text being talked about. In the case of the Bible, it’s seen as the word of God that was written by people, not as the writings of people.

For me the fables and stories and poetry of the Bible may and do teach us very deep spiritual truths, inspired by God, written and interpreted by men, hence the many different interpretations and religions all coming from the same Book. Hopefully allowed and mean respectfully- take face value?? heck just look at Judges 19. :oops:

Last edited:
"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail," he said. "There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." Stephen Hawking
I felt sorry for Mr. Hawking when he was alive, and not for his disabilities. I feel even more sorry for him now.

Well....the good news is that Family Feud did a survey of the folks on the street and believe these top four singers in the afterlife grossing millions are

Michael Jackson
Elvis
Prince
Whitney Houston

Ne

A nun told me I was going to Hell in 8th grade...does that count?

If it is true then at least I'll already know someone there. I just remember laughing at her when she told me. It didn't improve the situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter