Votes: 3 1.3%
  • religious/faith based

Votes: 62 25.9%
  • agnostic

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • atheist

Votes: 19 7.9%

• Total voters
I posted earlier and have been following along... I thought that I would share a bit more.

I know that when my grandfather passed away, he had really not said much anything for 2 or 3 days before... he told my Grandmother, that his brothers, and her brothers were there, and they were waiting on him...and kept asking her can you see them... in those 2 days, then he said to her, I have loved you my whole life, and will into the next one... I will see you again..and then closed his eyes and passed away... She said she felt a calm pass over her, joy that he was with family, and that he was no longer in pain...

When my granny passed away, I had been to visit her the day before... she had been getting everyone confused... When I walked in the room, she sat up and looked at me and started talking to me, she knew who I was... I was very close with my granny, she taught me alot of life lessons, how to cook, and sew... and set a example for me, that I looked up to... My mom was shocked, when she started talking to me... we talked for a couple of hours... Towards the end I knew she was getting tired...she told me when my mom walked out of the room, to get the nurse, that my granddaddy was there waiting for her, and her daughter ( my aunt - my mom sister who had passed away ) was there... and the rest of them... she said... she said looking up, she then started rubbing my arm, and she said I will be with you always, you will know that I am with you... You know your my favorite, now don't cry... I will be with you and see you again, but not for a long time... I love you... she passed the next night in her sleep... I woke up in the middle of the night and I knew she had passed... I could feel it.... I feel her with me all the time, I feel like she is talking to me, I can hear her voice, sometimes so clear I have to turn around and look around... at first it was kinda unnerving as I have never experienced something like this... now it is a great comfort...

How beautiful

i refuse to even think that "this" is all there is.
several little pushes of things makes me know someone is there, after. lots of stories from other people also.
I know there are some who say its just the "brain being schizoid" when there are near death experiences, but some are way too explicit,
and what about messages? I had a dream message from my brother-in-law to give his wife... she validated it & we are just so more believers now, there is no way I would have known to even ask her that query it was so off the wall..
I wish i had other visits, but cant seem to connect.

The truth is that if we understand energy, we realize that nothing can ever be destroyed; it is constantly changing shape, transforming and flowing. Life is a forgetfulness of this original source that is ever-present within us, and in death we are reminded of that source once more.

MATEO SOL

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail," he said. "There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." Stephen Hawking
This quote will only make people mock his disability.

I am intrigued by all of the near death experiences I've heard or read about, some in my own family. I have no reason to doubt that they happen, and we have no real proof of what they mean, just speculation. Near death accounts may represent a vision of a future life in another realm, or they may be the final workings of a dying brain. Since we can't know until we die anyway, I choose to believe that there is enough evidence to feel comforted by believing there is something on the other side. If it all turns out to be just nothingness after all, what difference does it make? I won't know anything anyway.

A belief in an afterlife doesn't have to be tied to any particular religion. My personal sense is that we may spend some time transitioning. Maybe back and forth as an individual learning and growing in different lives for awhile. At some point simply melding into an energy that is love.

There is no marriage in heaven, according to the Bible. :) I know other faiths teach something quite different but don’t know enough to answer the question from those perspectives.

I do believe in an afterlife in either Heaven or Hell.

However, while I understand that there’s no ”marriage” in Heaven, that’s what makes me so sad about death... knowing that I won’t “know” my husband in Heaven like I know him here on earth... that our relationships w/ the people we love won’t be the same. I’m not going to be sharing a mansion w/ DH & our kids... it’s heartbreaking to me that what we have here on earth w/ our loved ones most likely won’t be the same in Heaven. Yet I also know, that while here on earth, I don’t & can’t understand everything, &, when I get to Heaven, I’ll understand & won’t be sad. But, right now while I’m still alive on earth, it’s very sad to me.

I have had some strange experiences and I also believe that life itself is much too complex to there not being more or God or a Supreme Intelligence to the universe. Yes I base this based on science itself. Science cannot figure out how consciousness came about, what it is and call it the Hard Problem because of that. I think we are more than our brains and therefore may survive into an afterlife.

I do believe in an afterlife in either Heaven or Hell.

However, while I understand that there’s no ”marriage” in Heaven, that’s what makes me so sad about death... knowing that I won’t “know” my husband in Heaven like I know him here on earth... that our relationships w/ the people we love won’t be the same. I’m not going to be sharing a mansion w/ DH & our kids... it’s heartbreaking to me that what we have here on earth w/ our loved ones most likely won’t be the same in Heaven. Yet I also know, that while here on earth, I don’t & can’t understand everything, &, when I get to Heaven, I’ll understand & won’t be sad. But, right now while I’m still alive on earth, it’s very sad to me.

Where do you get that from.

Where do you get that from.

W/o getting into religion, it’s hard to explain.

But, simply said, I do believe the Bible, & I don’t think our relationships w/ others in Heaven are going to be the same - or the way we understand relationships to be - as here on earth... we will be w/ our loved ones but it will be & feel different. I don’t think I’ll have the same husband-wife relationship w/ my husband in Heaven, and that is sad to me.

Over the past few years, we’ve had 4 deaths in my husband’s family - his father & his 3 uncles... all pretty much one after the other. So there was a span of time, where we were all together for visitations & funeral services 4 different times. At each service, at some point, someone would reference how there was a big reunion going on in Heaven, &, at one of the funerals, the pastor said that, while the chairs around the ”family table” here on earth are getting emptier, the chairs around the “family table” in Heaven are getting fuller... and, one day, we’ll all be reunited around the table in Heaven. And, while it’s a nice thought & I do think we’ll be reunited w/ our loved ones in a sense, I don’t think it’s going to be like how we imagine it here on earth. I don’t think our earthly human minds can comprehend Heaven & what our “relationships” w/ each other in Heaven will actually be like.

I also don’t think our loved ones who have gone on before us can really “see” us here on earth because, if they did, I’m sure there, at times, would be a lot of tears & sorrow, & the Bible says there are no tears in Heaven.

W/o getting into religion, it’s hard to explain.

But, simply said, I do believe the Bible, & I don’t think our relationships w/ others in Heaven are going to be the same - or the way we understand relationships to be - as here on earth... we will be w/ our loved ones but it will be & feel different. I don’t think I’ll have the same husband-wife relationship w/ my husband in Heaven, and that is sad to me.

Over the past few years, we’ve had 4 deaths in my husband’s family - his father & his 3 uncles... all pretty much one after the other. So there was a span of time, where we were all together for visitations & funeral services 4 different times. At each service, at some point, someone would reference how there was a big reunion going on in Heaven, &, at one of the funerals, the pastor said that, while the chairs around the ”family table” here on earth are getting emptier, the chairs around the “family table” in Heaven are getting fuller... and, one day, we’ll all be reunited around the table in Heaven. And, while it’s a nice thought & I do think we’ll be reunited w/ our loved ones in a sense, I don’t think it’s going to be like how we imagine it here on earth. I don’t think our earthly human minds can comprehend Heaven & what our “relationships” w/ each other in Heaven will actually be like.

I also don’t think our loved ones who have gone on before us can really “see” us here on earth because, if they did, I’m sure there, at times, would be a lot of tears & sorrow, & the Bible says there are no tears in Heaven.

Even "religious" ideas from many different pastors, churches etc that I have attended that were told to me about Heaven have never been that you are not with your own loves ones, quite the opposite. I do agree that our earthly human minds cannot comprehend what Heaven is exactly except that I believe it would be a place of Love and "Light" and everything pure.

Last edited:
The joy we experience in Heaven will be far more wonderful than any relationship here on Earth. We will not be sad that we do not have a marriage relationship. There will be no tears, no sorrow, no pain, no death. A wonderful Christian man was once asked about Heaven. He said that one of the most wonderful things will be that no unkind word will ever be spoken. That is powerful when we think of all the unkind words and the grief those words have caused.

The joy we experience in Heaven will be far more wonderful than any relationship here on Earth. We will not be sad that we do not have a marriage relationship. There will be no tears, no sorrow, no pain, no death. A wonderful Christian man was once asked about Heaven. He said that one of the most wonderful things will be that no unkind word will ever be spoken. That is powerful when we think of all the unkind words and the grief those words have caused.

Right. I agree. I don’t think that, once I’m in Heaven, I’ll be sad that I don’t have a true marriage relationship w/ my husband because Heaven is going to be more wonderful than anything I can imagine or comprehend. But, here on earth, w/ my earthly mind & earthly understanding, it makes me sad to think about not knowing my husband in Heaven the way I know him here on earth.

Right. I agree. I don’t think that, once I’m in Heaven, I’ll be sad that I don’t have a true marriage relationship w/ my husband because Heaven is going to be more wonderful than anything I can imagine or comprehend. But, here on earth, w/ my earthly mind & earthly understanding, it makes me sad to think about not knowing my husband in Heaven the way I know him here on earth.

Again where in the world have you heard you will not a have a true marriage relationship in Heaven or you lose your family in Heaven. Geesh no wonder so many are leaving their faith. I have attended many different churches over my lifetime Christian ones and have also learned from other faiths and I have never heard anyone say this, ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter