Do you consider Disney/DVC a hobby?

Definitely a hobby. I'm a relatively new member - bought resale SSR in April '23 followed by direct VGF in August '23 (have successfully beat addonitis since then!) and DVC has quickly become a hobby. Learning membership tips and tricks here on the boards plus planning/thinking about future trips plus looking at the listing aggregators takes up a lot of my brain space these days.

Definitely a hobby. I'm a relatively new member - bought resale SSR in April '23 followed by direct VGF in August '23 (have successfully beat addonitis since then!) and DVC has quickly become a hobby. Learning membership tips and tricks here on the boards plus planning/thinking about future trips plus looking at the listing aggregators takes up a lot of my brain space these days.
Nice! When I get into something, I tend to go deep into it. I spent an embarrassing amount of time here on the boards and on YouTube wanting to understand every aspect of DVC before we took the plunge. It's fun though and I'm still learning.

My addonitis is in remission since we just bought RIV direct a few weeks ago to go along with our original AKV resale. So not trolling the listings any more (as much lol).

DW and I plan to retire in 10ish years so we have a lot of fun talking about how many points we want to have by then, what our travel habits might look like once we don't have those pesky jobs to go to, etc.

Good times my friends!

Disney planning is a hobby for me. DVC is a part of that
It’s grown to the point it’s become more of a lifestyle for us lol.

Find myself now primarily looking for cruises out of PC (sometimes tampa) in order to tack on a few disney days. Now that bright line is an option, should be easier to try to swing past for cruises out of FL & MIA. Most trips that focus on Universal (HHN) also include at least a couple days to see the mouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter