Do you know what is the success rate with the Loews welcome gift at Portofino?

SpideyHulk24

Secretly has the hots for Jennifer Garner and love
I have read that sometimes it is difficult to get your welcome gift at the Portofino? Is this true?

How has it been?

Thanks for sharing!

We were there in June... did not recieve any gifts... i did ask about the report cards and they said didn't do that... i did not push it.. we had entertainment rate and we got wine and milk and cookies... check in lady was very nice... we also got the room requested so i did not push the gift or report card thing...amy

corvair the loews welcome gift is the milk and cookies and wine. Usually its one or the other or any one of others offered that you pick when you fill out your member preferences profile.

Spidey, I have stayed at Portofino more times than the others and have always received my welcome gift.

opps sorry... after i posted i relized what spidey meant...no trouble at all with welcome gift...that is how i got wine and milk and cookies... they were waiting first evening when we got back to our room....... i thought she meant the kids gift... like sometimes they give at HRH.....sorry amy

Seems like the success rate is low enough that I'm not going to push it for some cookies. :)

As I posted on my trip report, this time I ordered a bottle of wine for both rooms, they showed up with milk and cookies for one and wine for the other. I told the guy it wasn't what I ordered, I ordered wine for both rooms. Sent the cookies back (I was not in the mood to divide two containers of milk and two cookies between 5 kids). I never did get the second bottle, even after calling Star service as the guy told me to do. Spent about 10 minutes on the problem and the called it quits. I wasn't willing to waste any more time on it.

How about the Royal Pacific? Do they have a good record when it comes to a Loews Welcoming Gift?

Nope - just back from a few days and didn't get the wine as requested or milk or cookies.

As a side issue - DD's didn't even get a welcome gift at check-in - we didn't know if they still did it but saw some other kids getting them one day so we just asked.

Well hopefully we will get the benefit, but if not, no big deal. Also, just for the record, spidey (me) is a he...not a she.... probably just a typo on your post!;)

I've stayed at PBH many times over the last two years some stays with multiple rooms or suites with rooms or just my husband and I all that to say we have ALWAYS gotten no hassle with our welcome gift. And it's always so gooooooooood.

We've always gotten our requested welcome gift (5 times so far).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter