Do you think it's appropriate to take children to an alcohol centered event, even if they allow all ages?

I can't stand parents who bring their darling kids to brewerys. Most of our local tap rooms are not "fun" for kids. Tables and a bar. But parents come, let the kids run around, and really all I want to do is sit, relax and sip. Very hard to do with kids running amok. I get parents want to relax, but really, are they? Go to McDonalds and let your kids run crazy! Oh and don't give me that "look" if I happen to drop a few cuss words!

Based on my experience the best thing you can do is let your kids mature and not shelter them. We took our daughter everywhere, she does not drink at all. But we clearly never pressured her one way or another. We have a friend who is a 'do you want a drink' kinda guy, and his kids have issues. Just my opinion.

I think the best choice is to be a responsible parent wherever you are

As someone whose parents took her to bars and other drinking events as a child on a regular basis.... I say NO. Kids don't want to be there. Who knows what craziness they are going to see... some of which is very scary to a child. To say, as long as people aren't drunk or there is entertainment, doesn't allow you to make a good decision. You can't control others behaviour. Just keep the kids home... they don't need to go. It's not that hard.

I don't believe in shielding my children from the world, that includes possible drunk people doing/saying something dumb or inappropriate. It can be used as a learning experience, it's not that hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter