• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you trust your DVC guide?

They are not supposed to communicate by email at all and have to be very careful when they do.
I guess they can't be caught putting anything in writing. In today's world of communicating electronically you would think it would help them to be more efficient.

I wouldn't form an opinion based on email in this situation.
I don't necessarily agree with this. Reason being - if he was not allowed to provide info on an older resort there should have been some sort of explanation in the email that it would be better to discuss on the phone. He simply ignored my question and only sent the info he wanted to send. When a person - whether it be a sales person, doctor, clerk at the gas station, family member doesn't listen to you and completely ignores what you have said --- it doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

I guess they can't be caught putting anything in writing. In today's world of communicating electronically you would think it would help them to be more efficient.

I don't necessarily agree with this. Reason being - if he was not allowed to provide info on an older resort there should have been some sort of explanation in the email that it would be better to discuss on the phone. He simply ignored my question and only sent the info he wanted to send. When a person - whether it be a sales person, doctor, clerk at the gas station, family member doesn't listen to you and completely ignores what you have said --- it doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.
It gives the potential for things to come back on them if they put it in writing. IMO to make a judgment based on just email for this situation is not fair. I guess if it was over the top but that'd have to be very obvious to be reasonable.

I never thought of a "guide" like a used car dealer. But I'll keep that in mind. But when I buy in, it will be with resale, so I know I would still get one, even though I really wouldn't need one.
If you are buying resale you don't get a guide or deal with Disney, I've never spoken to a guide in my life and have no intention of ever doing so.

If you are buying resale you don't get a guide or deal with Disney, I've never spoken to a guide in my life and have no intention of ever doing so.
Even if you are a pure resale buyer you are normally assigned a guide but don't have to deal with them routinely.

Even if you are a pure resale buyer you are normally assigned a guide but don't have to deal with them routinely.
? No one has ever mentioned I have a 'guide' never heard from one or spoken to one. Are you sure about this.

? No one has ever mentioned I have a 'guide' never heard from one or spoken to one. Are you sure about this.
I am sure they normally assign a guide but I'm not surprised you haven't heard from them as a resale only buyer, I don't think most hear from them in this situation. If you are curious, call sales.

I am sure they normally assign a guide but I'm not surprised you haven't heard from them as a resale only buyer, I don't think most hear from them in this situation. If you are curious, call sales.
Thanks Dean -I wasnt aware of that- I don't think I'll call as I don't want to or need to speak to a salesperson so I'll just leave it. If they have done it, then one day, when the economy tanks and they are desperate for customers, I may get a call out of the blue asking how I am- or I may get a call reminding me to bank my points? If I ever do hear I'll report back.

Thanks Dean -I wasnt aware of that- I don't think I'll call as I don't want to or need to speak to a salesperson so I'll just leave it. If they have done it, then one day, when the economy tanks and they are desperate for customers, I may get a call out of the blue asking how I am- or I may get a call reminding me to bank my points? If I ever do hear I'll report back.
Sure, over the years we've had many guides come and go or move on to other positions. Sometimes I heard from them when that happens but often not. I think MS can see it also if you're on the phone with them and curious.

Oh really? I thought everyone got one. But its not till you want to add on points then, directly with Disney, that you get one?

Things may have changed but even resale buyers were assigned a guide of record automatically.

:earsboy: Bill

In the sales emails (i.e. announcing CCV, the latest "save $1700 or more" promo, etc), the name and a photo of you're guide is at the bottom. That's the only way I've ever noticed we were assigned one.

I have Don Deal as my guide -- just the name sounds cheesy. I have only corresponded via email when i was inquiring about adding on to our AKV contract. Even with a specific question on available UY, price per point and small amount of points he ignored my questions only sent the generic info on pricing for the resorts currently for sale. It kind of put me off and i didn't really look into it any further.

Hey that's the guy assigned to us after our original guy left. :)

They can't communicate meaningfully by email. You would have the same problem with anyone. Just call. That's ow they are allowed to communicate.

If someone has a guide who communicates meaningfully by email, that's great, but they are breaking the rules. I prefer rule-following, even when it's an inconvenience to me.

Just curious...what are they not allowed to communicate via email?
Apparently they are not supposed to at all. The reason is to avoid wording something that could be construed as different than the legal stance and be used against them. Verbal can't be because it's not provable and recording is illegal without notification.

When a company is told never to communicate in writing, that worries me a bit.

When a company is told never to communicate in writing, that worries me a bit.
IMO you've got to be able to hold your nose on the sales side to play in the timeshare sandbox.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter