Dolphinarus Cozumel

FIREMICKEY55

FIREMICKEY
Hi all,
We want to do the Dolphinarus on Cozumel and wanted feedback from anyone on whether to book through DCL or make the reservation on my own. We have 6 adults going so the savings is a total of about 350.00. Please let me know how you did yours and the pros & cons...Thanks:thumbsup2

We booked directly with Dolphinarus, we had a party of 4 adults and 6 kids. The savings was huge. They send you a voucher...take this with you, we were scheduled for the 10:00 a.m. swim adventure.

We got off the ship as soon as we could, walked over to the taxi area and paid $10 per taxi to take us to Chakanaab Park. We were there before any of the "cruise groups" arrived. We were put in a private pool all by ourselves and we were upgraded to the Royal Swim for no charge. I believe the training spent more time with us, our whole dolphin experience was about 1 hr 15 mins.

We then were able to enjoy the entire park (sea lion show, snorkeling, pool, food, etc.) at our own pace. As we completed the dolphin experience the tour buses started arriving with all the "Disney Tours", and there were a lot of people. They were put in a huge swimming area (I think there were 16 groups in that area).

It was nice to be done before the big groups got there, the snorkeling was great. We took our own snorkling gear. The sea lion show was okay, but our kids liked it. What was interesting was the Manatees. The kids wish they could have swam with those, but we didn't book it.

We were done with the park at about 3:00 and took a taxi back to the pier. It is only about a ten minute taxi drive. The drivers are very nice. We shopped a little bit, but then headed back to the ship at around 4:00. We were tired.

In my opinion...take the savings and book directly. This was our 8th DCL cruise, but the first time we booked our excursion independently, and everything worked out just fine. Just keep an eye on the time, because DCL will not wait for anyone (that was my main fear).

We booked directly with Dolphinarus, we had a party of 4 adults and 6 kids. The savings was huge. They send you a voucher...take this with you, we were scheduled for the 10:00 a.m. swim adventure.

We got off the ship as soon as we could, walked over to the taxi area and paid $10 per taxi to take us to Chakanaab Park. We were there before any of the "cruise groups" arrived. We were put in a private pool all by ourselves and we were upgraded to the Royal Swim for no charge. I believe the training spent more time with us, our whole dolphin experience was about 1 hr 15 mins.

We then were able to enjoy the entire park (sea lion show, snorkeling, pool, food, etc.) at our own pace. As we completed the dolphin experience the tour buses started arriving with all the "Disney Tours", and there were a lot of people. They were put in a huge swimming area (I think there were 16 groups in that area).

It was nice to be done before the big groups got there, the snorkeling was great. We took our own snorkling gear. The sea lion show was okay, but our kids liked it. What was interesting was the Manatees. The kids wish they could have swam with those, but we didn't book it.

We were done with the park at about 3:00 and took a taxi back to the pier. It is only about a ten minute taxi drive. The drivers are very nice. We shopped a little bit, but then headed back to the ship at around 4:00. We were tired.

In my opinion...take the savings and book directly. This was our 8th DCL cruise, but the first time we booked our excursion independently, and everything worked out just fine. Just keep an eye on the time, because DCL will not wait for anyone (that was my main fear).

Dolphin Discovery is at Chankanaab, Dolphinaris is not the same place.

How long was the trip from the pier to Dolphinarus? Also What time did your ship dock and what time did it leave that day?

Thanks,

How long was the trip from the pier to Dolphinarus? Also What time did your ship dock and what time did it leave that day?

Thanks,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter