Donald's Breakfast

ILVPOOH

DIS Veteran
Went to Donald's Breakfast at AK. We really enjoyed it. The food was good and there was a large selection of different items. The characters came out about 1/2 hour after we were eating. They don't hang around the table too long, but enough to take a picture. The food was fresh, hot and delicious (eggs, cinnamon french toast, breakfast pizza, quiches, bacon, sausages, biscuit, danish, fruit). We had 8:00am reservations because we wanted to ride EE after breakfast. Since the park was so empty we went to the dinosaur ride first, then the safari and then we walked to EE. There was no wait for any ride and we just walked on EE.

Can you tell me about the seating? I have read a couple different posts about how when you are seated the person seating your (or may the server) tells you to go directly to the buffet and you do not even have time to sit down and collect your thoughts before getting food. Also, the seating is done in groups and each group is seated and pretty much finished eating at the same time and you can feel pretty rushed. Is this what happened whe you went? TIA!

Thanks for the review. We love Donald's Breakfastosaurus as well, although many here don't seem to be a big fan. I guess it doesn't hurt that we big Donald lovers. :teeth:

GoofyforDisney3 said:
Can you tell me about the seating? I have read a couple different posts about how when you are seated the person seating your (or may the server) tells you to go directly to the buffet and you do not even have time to sit down and collect your thoughts before getting food. Also, the seating is done in groups and each group is seated and pretty much finished eating at the same time and you can feel pretty rushed. Is this what happened whe you went? TIA!

We weren't rushed. We were the first to get seated and they first showed us the buffet and then they seated us in a back room. The waiter pour us juice and coffee and did a few little jokes with us. He said that we would have about 1/2 hour to eat before the characters came out. We didn't feel rushed at all.

ILVPOOH said:
We weren't rushed. We were the first to get seated and they first showed us the buffet and then they seated us in a back room. The waiter pour us juice and coffee and did a few little jokes with us. He said that we would have about 1/2 hour to eat before the characters came out. We didn't feel rushed at all.

Thanks for letting me know. We have the same reservation time (8:00 am) so we hopefully will have the same (or close to the same) experience. This will be our first attempt at Donald's and it doesn't always get the best reviews.

We ate at donald breakfastosaurus last Spring. We had a late breakfast (10:30). We did not feel rushed however we didn't really enjoy the food all that much. A lot of it was very greasy. However I enjoyed the french toast. Maybe it was greasy since we were the last breakfast seating? It took a very long time for the characters to greet us. It was over an hour before a single character came over because we were the last table! The characters go into two different rooms and seem to converge in the middle and then do the outside and it just so happens that we ended up being dead last (table for two). But when they came it was very quick. They don't stay long but we got pictures with donald, goofy, mickey and pluto and the cm's were nice enough to take pictures of the both of us together since it was only us.

GoofyforDisney3 said:

We ate at Donald's Breakfastosaurus last week and we felt so rushed by our server. We hadn't even sat down and he was putting drinks on the table and telling us to go eat. One of the kids had to use the bathroom and I think he was annoyed that we waited for her to return before we got our food. I really went to this breakfast with an open mind even though most of the reviews I'd read were negative, but I have to say it was probably one of our most disappointing meals. We all agreed that we wouldn't want to return. Sorry Donald :guilty:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

We also have 8 am ressies in Nov. I am really beginning to worry. It seems to be a 50-50 chance.

DS really wants to see Donald. He has been worried since we saw Mikey's Philharmagic last year.

This restaurant must be a secret. I liked that this was a hot and cold buffet. We have been twice and it is never crowded. Good food and lot of character time. The waiter did funny magic tricks and pranks my son loved.

I loved the hot and cold food here and it was not crowded at all. Lots of character time

We've been there twice in December and loved it. Never felt rushed, loved the food and the charecters were great. We also had a great server last time, don't remember his name but he kept playing gags on us. We LOVE it!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed it! We have an 8am ADR in December purely to get into AK early. To me breakfast is breakfast so I am sure it will be fine with me!

Allyson

ILVPOOH,
What time did you leave POP to get to to your 8:00am ADR? Did you use Disney transportation? We have an 8:00 am ADR next week and I'm wondering what time to leave POP and whether we should drive or take the bus. TIA. :wave2:

They have buses that go to each resort to take you to the meals. You need to check the schedules, but remember that you need time to walk to the restaurant. In other words, you need to be there a while before 8am!

Thanks for the review, DH and I did this breakfast a few years ago and we enjoyed it. :donald:

cocowum said:
ILVPOOH,
What time did you leave POP to get to to your 8:00am ADR? Did you use Disney transportation? We have an 8:00 am ADR next week and I'm wondering what time to leave POP and whether we should drive or take the bus. TIA. :wave2:

We are doing the same thing on our AK day and plan on leaving POP around 7:00 for our 8:00 am ADR. We are planning on doing the bus. I think I read on the boards that when you have an early ADR on a nonEMH day to take the bus instead of trying to drive to AK. If I remember correctly it had to do with the parking lot not being opened that early. Not sure if that is correct or not, but I don't think I want to take the chance.

We had a great experience at Donald's last Sunday. We had a 10:30 ADR. The food was great! Yes, the bacon, eggs and sausage were greasy, but aren't those foods supposed to be greasy? The potatoes and pancakes were really good. Be sure to save some room for Krispy Kreme donuts! We had a great server and did not feel rushed at all.

Marsha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter