Dr. Phil's wife, Robin's favorite eye cream????

I agree with you all about Robin, I find her really pretentious. What I couldn't do with the millions her husband is bringing in. I really disliked the show on the office makeover and the show with her and Cher. At the end Dr. Phil said how "great" the two looked for being in their 50's! Please, how much work has Cher had done, she looks so artificial.

I think the word "pretentious" really fits. I really hate the parenting shows when she talks about her boys upbringing. She just loves to make it sound like she was the perfect mother, her boys are perfect, they never disobeyed, never backtalked, etc. etc. The other posters were right...She has no credentials at all.

Originally posted by AmyJ of Ca

OMG!! She drives me nuts!! Dr Phil is ok but why does anyone care about what she has to say... I don't know if she has any professional training in psychology or INTERIOR DECORATING:crazy:
lol! I thought this was going to be a thread wondering what on EARTH she has to do with that show (as in Dr. Phils' Wife's Eye Cream...does anyone care?:p Not to belittle the OPs question it's just that's how it read to me.)

Seriously, she needs a job of her own or something.:D

If either Robin or Phil had more botox injections, they wouldn't be able to speak. The entire top halves of their faces are frozen, and their eyes have absolutely no expression.

Originally posted by princessmomma
Serena, it was from Paula Begoun's website where she mentioned to always wear a 30 sunscreen. She recommends a certain one on her website and I really like it. It doesn't leave my skin oily at all.

More tips please.

Capthooksmom, I would be interested in hearing your questions too!

Oh, my questions are so specific, I'm sure everyone else doesn't want to hear them, but here goes:

My skin has gone crazy since the birth of my son (almost 4 years ago I might add) and I can't find any skincare products that I'm happy with. Everything I used before doesn't work now.
My problem: my skin is incredibly dry. I've been using Estee Lauder daywear but it forms a film on the top of my face. Actually most moisturizers do this. I'm not using too much, so I know that's not the problem. It's like it doesn't sink into my skin. I can't find cleansers that will remove all of my foundation. I can't find a foundation I'm happy with, and I'm still breaking out at 32!! I've tried pretty much everything I can get my hands on. Drug store brands, Avon and Mary Kay, department store brands and brands I've never heard of from my salon/spa. I am currently using MAC makeup products except for my foundation.
I also heard that you should do gentle exfoliating everyday, and my current cleanser (which I do not like) has the exfoliating beads in it. Then I read that exfoliating every day will irritate already dry or breakout prone skin. Ugh!! I never know what to do. My dermatologist is no help. He says use whatever cleanser will get the makeup off but has no suggestions.
Princessmomma -you're probably sorry you asked for my questions. Unfortunately I have sooo many more.
TIA for any advice anyone on this thread can offer.

Capthooksmom,

your skin is dry

you don't like moisturizers that leave a feelable barrier

You need a strong cleanser

need new foundation

breakouts

exfoliation

As for your dry skin, you can do several things. One use a gentle cleanser, physical exfoliation or chemical exfoliation, and moisturizers.

Ok, if you are interested in my suggestions here goes. BTW, I always go with the cheapest product that works well.

Ok, first of all, try Cetaphil cleanser, for oily skin. It is gentle, but it should take the foundation off too.

Ok, if you like, try baking soda. It is a wonderful scrub for all over the body. It's cheap and works great. Get it in the container that you can shake.
Just my personal opinion. The little beads do nothing more than tick me off. lol
Use it with water, with a washcloth, or a liquid cleanser. Be very gentle.
Or, use something with a BHA. Alpha Hydrox has several good ones. The BHA exfoliates your skin, and it also helps to exfoliate your pores. Now, in doing so, the junk will come up to the surface, but keep at it. Cleaning and treating it gently and it should look better soon.
For skin without blemishes, and AHA will be good enough. It exfoliates dry skin but doesn't do much for the pores.

If you use a BHA in a lotion or cream base, it should help with moisture. But during the day, use a sunscreen with at least a level 15, in a moisturizing base. It probably will leave a slight feel to your skin, but I think it might be worth it.

At night, use Cetaphil cream. It soaks in pretty well. However, may I also suggest that occassionally, if your skin is dry all over. When you get out of the shower, pat dry, then use a moisturizer like the Cetaphil that will soak in. But then, use a moisturizer that won't. It will put two layers of moisture on your skin and does really help. Just put on sweats or pj's afterwards.

Now foundation. It has got to be one of the hardest things to get like you want it to. First the formula has to be right, then the color has to be right.
For color, I can't help but recommend Lancome. They have a ton of colors, and you can try it on, and request a little sample tube to take home and try on.
Finding the formula you like may be difficult, maybe not. But I would start there. It is expensive, but I have tried tons of others and I just love it.

Saying all this I have to put a disclaimer on here. These are just my suggestions. I have no degree's, no certificates. I just read and try a lot.
If anyone has other suggestions or disagree's please feel free to say so.

I forgot to add, Clearasil works really well. Start with the 5% benzoyl peroxide, and if you need something stronger, go to the 10%.
And I'm 40 and I still get blemishes too. Hormonal, stress, the moon is out, I don't know. It's a pain.

I think the best thing you can do is use sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen and stay out of the sun. I've been a paleface since my mid-20's and used sunscreen on my face religiously every day since then. I"m 43 and I really don't have that many wrinkles (I am getting the turkey gobbler neck, though, it's hereditary!!)

Oprah had a person on about eating a certain diet and it improves your overall facial look. They had before and afters it was pretty impressive. I can't remember the name of the book though. I"m not good at following diets, so that would not work for me.

Kallison,

I don't remember the name of the book also, but the diet sounded like a modified low-carb. Lots of good protien, limited process, refined, white foods, lots of fruits and vegetables. Pretty basic. Oh and also lots of green tea.

Was it Dr. Perricone? He has an anti-aging diet, and has been making the rounds on the talk shows lately.

I personally like Oil of Olay cleanser and moisturizer. Avon also has some good anti-wrinkle creams that don't cost an arm and a leg, especially if you get them on sale.

I have very, very dry skin, and it tends to break out on top that, usually blocked because it was dry. I saw a dermotolgist once, he made some basic recommendations that helped me a ton.

To wash my face I use Dove soap. I don't exfoliate except maybe once a month and then I just use a washcloth and my soap. After that I put on Mary Kay's night cream - it comes in a little pump bottle - is clear with little red dots in it. It goes right in and feels wonderful. I have a hard time with products giving me a chemical burn or rash, this product hasn't given me trouble and I've used it for months.

For foundation I've tried a ton of different types. I like the "flawless finish" look but hate the feel of makeup on my skin. Clinique makes a product called "Work Out Makeup" and I've never found a better makeup. My skin is very, very fair and their Cloud color is perfect for me. It also doesn't sweat off, so even at WDW my skin stays nice all day. I pay $16.50 and it lasts me 2-3 months, and never causes breakouts either.

For daily moisture I put on the basic yellow clinique lotion - don't remember what it is called. It sinks in right away, and doesn't leave my skin feeling slimy.

I'm not a professional either, but this is what I've found works for me.

Just had to tell everyone that I kept reading this as her favorite ICE CREAM.... Guess we know where my head is! Carry on....:o

I don't know what is wrong with my eyes, but even though you clearly wrote, "eye cream", for some strange reason I read "ice cream". All I could think of was--who cares what Robin's favorite ice cream is?!:crazy:

Maybe I should go back to bed....

Serena and ahutton,

Thanks for the tips. I bought an Oil of Olay cleanser to try that has the BHA in it. After Christmas when I have more change in my pocket I'm going to go check into the Lancome skincare. I had actually forgotten that Prescriptives recommended a moisturizer for me, but I was waiting until I used up all of my Daywear. I'm going to go check it out along with the Lancome. I used to use the yellow moisturizer from Clinique, but I don't remember why I stopped.
I haven't seen the Clinique "Work out Makeup". Maybe I'll check that out too. I'm looking for something that will even out redness I have from breakouts that will stay on throughout the day. I'm also a very hard color to match! The latest foundation I tried was Prescriptives, but the color wasn't right. I didn't want to spend the money on the custom blended foundation until I actually tried the foundation out to see if I really like it. I'm not sure if I really like the foundation or not.

Princessmama, thanks for letting me hijack your thread a bit. I'm glad you finally got the answer to your question. I might try it too.

I thought this said ICE cream !!!:p :p :p :teeth: :teeth:
LOL leave it to me to think Ice cream instad of eye cream

I don't know what is wrong with my eyes, but even though you clearly wrote, "eye cream", for some strange reason I read "ice cream". All I could think of was--who cares what Robin's favorite ice cream is?!:crazy:

Maybe I should go back to bed....

I did the same thing! I think I need more coffee.

I think we have a new record for oldest zombie thread.

Also, I thought new users couldn't use links until 10 posts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter