Driving to Florida soon from Ontario, worried and scared

I always laugh when I see people driving $50-100,000 cars holding phones up to their ear. Whatsamatta, Richie Rich, your expensive car has fewer features than my $25,000 car? LOL

I love asking them how they like their cooled and heated seats. They usually mutter something about not having that option...
Well, up to about three weeks ago I had one of those cooled and heated seats in my 11 year old Caddy. With leather it is necessary, but, now I have cloth seats so no longer necessary. I loved that car but it finally got to the point where it costs more then a new one to operate so I sold it. It had a hands free phone but it was through Onstar and it cost extra to use it. I now have a cheapy VW Passat and it has Bluetooth. I have pre-programed the numbers that I am likely to call and all I have to do is reach out and push one button to call them. I can get incoming calls from anybody and if I have them on my phone, their name will show up on the screen. Phone on, hang up are just one touch of a spot on the steering wheel center.

Even talking hands free is distracting and raises your risk of an accident.
One of the largest risk of auto accidents is being in a car. Everything has some risk to it. So the only solution is to lock oneself into a cave and hope that there never is a cave in.

One of the largest risk of auto accidents is being in a car. Everything has some risk to it. So the only solution is to lock oneself into a cave and hope that there never is a cave in.

The solution is to do research and accurately determine the level of risk. There is no reason to put yourself needlessly at risk. I am not interested in avoiding risk based on public perception. I would rather avoid risks by using statistical analysis and acting accordingly.

Personally I think that the OP's post was ridiculous and rather insulting to the USA. And yes crap happens up here all the time.
But no per capita it does not work out to the same odds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index#Global_Peace_Index_rankings

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Canada/United-States/Crime

The part that amuses me most...

Canadians apparently commit 94 percent more crimes than Americans, per capita. But Canadians commit far fewer murders, rapes, robberies... all categories of violent crime are lower. Canadians even commit fewer fraud and property crimes. And yet somehow we have more total victims of crime.

So, I'm trying to figure out how this is possible and then I get to this stat:

Drug Offences: 92,590 per 100,000 people Ranked 3rd. 165 times more than United States

:lmao:

We're a nation of potheads! No wonder we rank so very, very low in violent crime. South of the border there's only 560.1 per 100,000 people doing drugs. Clearly, y'all need some herb.

Other things that are distracting? And will raise your risk of an accident?

Driving with the radio on. Changing the radio station. Adjusting the air conditioner or heat. Eating or drinking in the car. Having children in the car. Having adults in the car.

I'm probably more at risk driving with the radio off since on long trips I would likely lose focus and nod off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter