Drydock for Wonder - September 2019 - What's Being Renewed/Improved?

From your pics it looks like they have installed solid white partitions in the smoking area. They used to be clear and much shorter with a rail you could lean on. I'm pretty sure this will help a lot for the verandas directly under it. And hopefully it will help with the wind tunnel effect of the area.

That is such a good idea! They charge too much for those deck 8 rooms to have people complaining they can't use their verandahs. I know I have seen a ton of negative reviews for the rooms under the smoking section.

Not to sound petulant but I'm gonna miss the seating next to the portholes there.

Not to sound petulant but I'm gonna miss the seating next to the portholes there.

Same, but I think it hurt the flow since you usually had to step out of the way if two people were trying to pass. Although, I can't really tell from these photos if those seats are gone. The ceiling lighting remains the same, I can see that.

Same, but I think it hurt the flow since you usually had to step out of the way if two people were trying to pass. Although, I can't really tell from these photos if those seats are gone. The ceiling lighting remains the same, I can see that.
I saw some more pics on FB and yes, all the seats by the portholes have gone. We liked to sit there, have a drink, watch the world go by so we'll miss it but at the same time I think the flow down that hallway will be MUCH better, esp at dinner time and on debarkation morning.

Thank you for the lounge photos! I am not a huge fan of New Orleans themes, but it's nice. This area needed better theming. I like the streetcar area, too.

There is no more porthole seating. I have seen photos elsewhere that confirm this.

Any updates on the pools and/or smoking areas?

It looks pretty.
In the past we've seen lots of people playing board games there. I could be wrong, but these tables seem smaller.

I was really hoping they would have left the toddler play area. It was the only safe place on the ship for toddlers to burn off some energy. It was plain and simple, totally unthemed but the perfect place for those under 3. I guess it doesn't really matter to me though because after today's release of pricing, we have booked our last Disney cruise.( One already on the books that we may or may not actually sail.

So. The question still remains. What the heck is the scoop with on-demand video?

From your pics it looks like they have installed solid white partitions in the smoking area. They used to be clear and much shorter with a rail you could lean on. I'm pretty sure this will help a lot for the verandas directly under it. And hopefully it will help with the wind tunnel effect of the area.
Which floors/rooms are near the smoking area? I didn’t even know the ships had this! Definitely want to avoid.

I'm really curious to see what they did to the royal suites. I read that they were doing some remodeling in both of the Royal Suites as well. I'll be in the Walt on the 4th so unless the current occupant posts pics, I might just have to wait and see for myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter