DUOS Interest Thread - new updated info

tyniknate

DIS Veteran
I'm updating the info here for the Duos swap. I will post a whole new thread on Monday Oct. 11th at 9 a.m. for signups. Just wanted to give a little more detailed info now that I have it worked out.

Here we go......

Signups will be on Monday, Oct. 11th beginning at 9 a.m.

Newbies are welcome, but please limit yourself to two groups.

This swap will be set up as small page kits and yo will be required to make the following:
1 title
1 photo mat/frame
1 journal box
1 element

Check-ins will be:
Oct. 18 - please verify groups and PM info (name, DIS name, mailing address, email & phone)
Nov. 12 - last call for angels
Dec. 3 - please mail to me
Dec. 10 - due to me

I will PM a reminder if you forget to check in. I will request angels if I don't hear from you in 72 hours. Please just let me know if you will be away so I can mark for you. Angels for spots is not a problem - please just let me know ASAP.

Required:
1 title: 8x2 standard or other sizes ok; welded and shadowed letters; large title tag; title on box, border or altered CD
1 photo mat, 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 1/ 4X 6 1/4, embellished
1 journal box, total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3X3

Element list: (pick one)
1 paper piecing (not single diecut)
2 tags: 2 layers with something in the hole and embellished
1 file folder or matchbook, embellished
2 slide mounts, embellished
3 altered paperclips
1 shaker box
1 library pocket with tag, both embellished
1 license plate
3 shapes, 2 layers & embellished (small squares, flowers, etc)
4 inchies
1 signage/bookmark double layer and embellished
1 song/lyric/poem, double layer and embellished
If you have another idea let me know and we will consider it.

Embellishments can include: stickers, stickles, ink, flock, chalk, charms, flowers, eyelets, brads, ribbon or fiber, sewing, tearing, die cuts, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper, specialty paper.

As always, if you make something you would be proud to use in your books.......we will all be happy swappers.

Please place your sets into a minimum quart size bag. If your quart bag doesn't close - please use a larger bag. Label bags with DIS name, name and group letter - not to a particular swapper. All of your smaller bags then get placed into a larger bag (minimum gallon size) that will close.

You may mail to me by any method up until December 1st. Then I must ask that you send priority with confirmation.

Return postage will be by flat rate priority box (unless I've spoken to you and other arrangements are made). Cost is $10.70 for medium/standard box; $14.50 for large box. Please include an additional $.70 and filled out form if you want delivery confirmation.

Please include a return shipping label (filled out).

I cannot accept click it/ship it postage.

I think that covers it.

Groups will be as follows:

Group A1: Duos - Pals (you pick your pals)

Group A2: Duos - Pals (you pick your pals)

Group B1: Duos - Couples (you pick your couple)

Group B2: Duos - Couples (you pick your couple)

Group C1: Duos - Good vs. Evil (you pick your pair)

Group C2: Duos - Good vs. Evil (you pick your pair)

Group D: Duos – Non-Disney (you pick your pair)

I will open more of these groups if there is enough interest. I will also be including these groups in the character swap to be held next spring. Please let me know if anything needs corrected or if I've missed anything. Thanks to 123SA - I've copied your homework paper.

Looks good.. definitley go w/ a small kit set...
Title/Photomat/j.box/ element

ETA:
I would also keep the groups down to 4-5 per group... and with each pairing do no more than 2 groups..

Duo/Pals GroupA:
Dou/Pals GroupB:

this way it doesn't get big with the holidays coming on.. then you can add to the character swap or do another one in 2011...

Well, it's kinda up in the air. I guess the interest part of it is whether anyone has time for this before the holidays, or if you want to roll it into next year. I don't want anyone to not join because it's just holiday crunch time. I'd rather wait until next year if that's the case. If there is an interest for holding it now I'm also game for that. I guess that's the main "interest" of this interest thread.

Well, it's kinda up in the air. I guess the interest part of it is whether anyone has time for this before the holidays, or if you want to roll it into next year. I don't want anyone to not join because it's just holiday crunch time. I'd rather wait until next year if that's the case. If there is an interest for holding it now I'm also game for that. I guess that's the main "interest" of this interest thread.

LOL I'd personally need the dates to answer the interest question. :rotfl2: It's like watching a ping pong match!! The character swap is already so huge...it may be better to keep them seperate??

I'd definately be interested in this and i agree with LM3K about keeping it separate.

Personally i'd be able to do it now or after the holidays but i dont know what other swaps other people have on along with other stuff too.

My thoughts are that you may want to go ahead and do this swap soon since you are new to hostessing. The other 2 swaps you have (MK and Character) are going to be really big swaps and it'll probably be a good idea to get a small swap under your belt first.:goodvibes

You can always add the duos to the Character swap when you do it even if you've already done it. Everyone loves the characters!

I agree with DIT. If it is a huge success, you can always add it to the character swap.

Having a smaller one your first time to get your hang of it is the best way to go.

Would anyone like non-disney I have a Spongebob Cricut cart I'm dying to use!!!
Or I'd love to do Woody and Buzz Lightyear!!
(can you tell I want to use my new carts BAD!!!)

OK, OK.....signups next week it is. I will open this one on Monday, Oct. 11th, with a due date of Friday, Dec. 10th. If we are all finished before then I can swap them and send them back early. If we need to extend the date, just let me know and we can work that out.

I'll work on the specifics today and tomorrow and I'll post by tomorrow afternoon. Is everyone good with picking your own characters, or do you want me to start brainstorming. I like the freedom of picking my own characters, but I can work it either way.

Are the small page kits ok with everyone 1 title, 1 mat, 1 journal box, 1 element? Making the requireds too much less than that and I think we will lose the fact that these are for duos.

Groups of 4 ok with everyone, with there being two groups for each duo type? (I can combine groups if we really need to.)

Anyone else interrested in a non-disney group?

Whew.....I'm exhausted already! :lmao:

small groups with mini kits, I'm not interested in non-disney, would like to pick my own characters.
excited to do this!

small groups of 4, mini kits are good, you could open 1 group of non-disney and see if there is any interest.... and just note that if will fold if there is no more than 2 interested.

I wouldn't delay the return much with the holidays...but that is just my 2 cents...
I would let everyone pick their grouping...

I would also keep each grouping to just 2 groups of 4.. we don't want this to get too big and cause you any grief on your first hosting endeavor!

can you put these dates on the 2010 calendar if you haven't already in case I get side tracked.. for some reason, I need to go feed my family! :faint:

What a great swap idea!! I think I might like to join in this swap. I love the mini kits makes putting pages together so easy!!! I think coming up our own pairings within the categories previously mentioned would be great!

I :love: the duos swap and would also love to participate in this! Can't wait to sign up!
I like the idea of keeping it small. That way, goals are reachable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter