DVC is Considering new Transportation Buses

Nothing today would surprise me. It's the corporate mentality to cut until you can't cut any more. If you over cut, un-cut a little to see what happens. It's like price increases. Make billions of dollars in profit and raise prices across the board. When you loose customers, offer a sale or some other deal to win some back. :sad2:

Funny how a rumor can give some people the 'incentive' to write long anti-Disney posts. :confused3

There is a rumor at work (I work at WDW Transportation) that DVC plans to run its own Bus Service separate from the other Non-DVC resorts at Disney, DVC’s current contract with Disney Transportation calls for 1 bus every 30 mins for each park, problem is that the DVC Resort such as the Saratoga Springs is so large (as large as one All Star Resorts) that many times the bus fills up a the first couple of stops then has to bypass the rest of the stops. :hourglass

I have wondered why SSR doesn't have internal tram service. Design them to carry your bags and the Guests. If you don't have a car, waiting for Bell Services can sometimes be a long wait.

Yes, WDW Management just doesn’t care, I know that’s sad to say, but I seen the worst in management these days. They basically trying to replace any cast member that’s been at WDW with 5 years or more service. It’s the Front Line Cast Members that you see at Walt Disney World and High-Level Managers won’t hear your complaints or be on the front line for that matter.

Bottom Line if you have happy well-qualified employees, you will have very happy guest, but inexperience employee’s lead to poor service, but it’s cheaper to have inexperience employees than higher paid experience employees these days.

Also I have not been pushing the Disney Unions these days, I been letting others do that, but the contract now is settle for the next 3 1/2 years, so nothing will be done on the union side, but if other companies start paying more, then Disney may be force to make changes and hang on to its staff that they currently have now.

As for the Unions I told them they better start targeting Mears Transportation in order to hang on to the Dues that they currently get otherwise they will soon not be getting as much income should the Buses gets Sub-contracted out.

Oh and by the way Buses is not the only area Disney is considering Sub-Contracting, just about every Resort, Every Shop, and Restaurants, Housekeeping and Security could be Non-Disney Cast Members soon.

Al? Al Lutz is that you? I'd recognize that rank-and-file = good, management = bad cadence anywhere, It's so 1970s.

I have wondered why SSR doesn't have internal tram service. Design them to carry your bags and the Guests. If you don't have a car, waiting for Bell Services can sometimes be a long wait.
They do. It's the bus system. get on a park bus to go one way, get on a DTD bus to go the other way.

There is a rumor at work (I work at WDW Transportation) that DVC plans to run its own Bus Service separate from the other Non-DVC resorts at Disney,
That's great news! Now our dues can go down! Thanks!

I just wanted to say Thanks for the Respect, I'll go back to read mode now and read some of the Trip Reports post that many of you guys like to post about Bad Disney Cast Members.

They do. It's the bus system. get on a park bus to go one way, get on a DTD bus to go the other way.

The buses are expensive and too big for the SSR roads. It takes too long to load and unload. You can't really carry your bags on board. I would like to see trams like the ones used in the parking lots. :thumbsup2

I see some very interesting possibilities here. DVC contracts for transportation for members and their guests. In order to get on the bus, you must scan a membership card or you don't get on. SSR and OKW will stil have buses for CRO people and open to other Disney resort guests. But to ride the DVC bus, you need a blue card. That will take care of commercial renting in a minute, LOL. ;)

I just wanted to say Thanks for the Respect, I'll go back to read mode now and read some of the Trip Reports post that many of you guys like to post about Bad Disney Cast Members.

Nothing wrong with posting the rumor but I think you're discrediting your own information via the editorial comments. So far you've implied that an outside service would cost more, that service would be less frequent, that drivers would be less courteous than Disney CMs, and you've also pointed out a few things you believe to be logistical issues.

Sorry but I just don't buy that DVC (a Disney entity) would go outside the family to provide poorer service at a greater price. I also don't see how this would even work at most of the resorts which SHARE SERVICE between cash and DVC guests. There is no chance they will put separate DVC / cash busses at the Beach Club or BoardWalk or Animal Kingdom Lodge.

DVC charges members transportation costs and those costs originate with whatever WDW Transportation decides to charge members. If there is any truth to the rumor, I'd say that DVC might be obtaining competitive bids in order to determine if the costs being charged to members are reasonable. DVC has a fiduciary responsiblity to all members and part of that responsibility should include determining whether WDW Transportation's charges are in-line with the rest of the industry.

Nothing wrong with posting the rumor but I think you're discrediting your own information via the editorial comments. So far you've implied that an outside service would cost more, that service would be less frequent, that drivers would be less courteous than Disney CMs, and you've also pointed out a few things you believe to be logistical issues.

Sorry but I just don't buy that DVC (a Disney entity) would go outside the family to provide poorer service at a greater price. I also don't see how this would even work at most of the resorts which SHARE SERVICE between cash and DVC guests. There is no chance they will put separate DVC / cash busses at the Beach Club or BoardWalk or Animal Kingdom Lodge.

DVC charges members transportation costs and those costs originate with whatever WDW Transportation decides to charge members. If there is any truth to the rumor, I'd say that DVC might be obtaining competitive bids in order to determine if the costs being charged to members are reasonable. DVC has a fiduciary responsiblity to all members and part of that responsibility should include determining whether WDW Transportation's charges are in-line with the rest of the industry.

Good points!

I hate this idea. We bought into DVC because it would be the same as staying at the other Disney resorts. We've all heard bad things about ME. That it doesn't have the Disney magic. It seems that whenever Disney outsources the Disney magic gets lost. I'd rather pay a bit more dues and use Disney Trasportation and keep the magic.

I also don't see how this would even work at most of the resorts which SHARE SERVICE between cash and DVC guests. There is no chance they will put separate DVC / cash busses at the Beach Club or BoardWalk or Animal Kingdom Lodge.
You know, I've taken note of the fact that this is the third time this problem has been asked about, but no one has bothered to explain how this might work, assuming the rumor is true. It makes me wonder if....It just doesn't make any sense.

hey if OKW and SSR get the service that Pop gets know - would love it - besides the Mear bus driver claimed that Disney was now getting bus drivers from Mears for the WDW routes.

since they are having trouble getting drivers?

this is not true?

the new drivers have a bunch of problems. for some reason OKW and SSR have more than their share of these new drivers. almost went to Kissimmee with one driver who kept yelling he knew where he was going.:scared1:

Not to mention losing the "DVC transportation contract" if you want to call it that would mean taking that many more WDW busses out of service and reduce the amount of available busses for flex or mod or whatever you call it. It seems as if the burden on other resorts would be heavier not lighter than if the DVC busses were run from the in house pool. I'm not even buying it as a rumor. It makes little sense from any angle. The other point would be Disney cash reservations at DVC resorts would now be using outsourced busses for non-DVC guests? Somehow I doubt that too.

There are two things going on here.

1. Rumor from a Disney Transportation CM..... As we ALL KNOW that's the most reliable source ever (LOL!) After all any day now that Monorail will go thur the "hole" in the Swan, there will be a fifth park, etc.... (I can't even count the number of "I heards" posted on these boards whose "Souce" was bus driver LOL!)

2. This CM has a beef with his union.

IMHO the combination of one and two makes this something I am not going to worry about.

OK ! I'm stumped!! Since when did DVC start having members vote on anything????:confused3 :rotfl2:

hey if OKW and SSR get the service that Pop gets know - would love it - besides the Mear bus driver claimed that Disney was now getting bus drivers from Mears for the WDW routes.

since they are having trouble getting drivers?

this is not true?

the new drivers have a bunch of problems. for some reason OKW and SSR have more than their share of these new drivers. almost went to Kissimmee with one driver who kept yelling he knew where he was going.:scared1:

When we were down in early May, there were alot of buses with "Training" on their signs go by at MK. We must of had a newbie going to MGM from VWL, he managed to pull into a spot at FW that wasn't a bus stop and just about got the bus stuck trying to get out of it.

I think I read that Disney is going to be using some hybred busses. Frankly I don't care who is driving as long as they are prompt & curtious.

Mike©;20270420 said:
OK ! I'm stumped!! Since when did DVC start having members vote on anything????:confused3 :rotfl2:

They don't. They call me directly. "crisi, would you mind if we outsourced the valets?" "crisi, we are thinking about DVC at the Contemporary, what do you think" I told them they could go ahead and outsource the valets and the bus drivers, but they definitely shouldn't put a DVC at the Contemporary.

Don't they call you, too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter